The Walking Dead If Daryl or Rick died.....

SpideyFan866

Avenger
Reaction score
Would you keep watching?

Say Daryl died and Tyreese took his place in the group, or Rick died and Daryl became the lead character?

Would you keep watching or would you be done with the show?

And in the event of either one of their deaths, how much would it affect the story? Could it still work?

Last edited:
Of course I would, people who stop watching a show after their favorite character died are strange to me.

Of course I would, people who stop watching a show after their favorite character died are strange to me.
I guess I'm strange LOL.

I probably wouldn't watch, especially if Rick died. I just happen to think, personally, that would be going too far when the series from day one and has been centered on his character and family, for the most part anyway.

That's just me though.

I'd stop watching if it started to suck. No other reason. A favored character dying might suck in and of its own, but it would need to dramatically (and negatively) impact the show before I said "**** it".

Last edited:
Pretty much what Mista J said. :up:

Only if it was the result of poor writing. I like Daryl. He's gone from an unrepentant ******* to a likable if still rough part of the group who is essential to their survival. He's not like his brother who even in the end showed he could still be redeemed. Daryl has already worked himself down that path.

If Rick died it would be a severe loss for the group but the group is not dependent on him for any particular skill or trait outside of his leadership. And we have others who can (and have) stepped up to the plate when it counts.

Or Rick died and Daryl became the lead character?
I'd totally quit. Because it'd confirm the suspicion of AMC slowly turning it into The Daryl Show. The story started with Rick so it should end with him.

I'd consider it if it was Rick but I'd give it a few episodes. I don't really care for Daryl anymore. If he got killed off I wouldn't care.

As long as they don't die idiotically or have a horrible monologue or worse banter with the person trying to kill them instead of getting out of the situation.

If Rick or Daryl died I'd only keep watching if Hershel got a machine gun leg.

If Rick dies I might, the show has been centered around him from the beginning. I like Tyreese and he might make me continue on with the show. I could care less if Daryl dies, I don't really like him. I wanted him to die in season 3 and Merle to survive.

Not only that, but this is ****ing The Walking Dead. This show is pretty much designed so that any character could meet their end at any moment. That's the world they're living in.

In any other show, no I wouldn't stop watching if a favorite character died. However, I barely tolerate The Walking Dead as it is, so if Daryl (one of the only reasons I still watch the show) is gone then so am I. If Rick died though? ...Who cares?

*crosses fingers the show kills Daryl*

Yeah, it's just awful when people are critical of things you like, isn't it? :o

You're probably not far off, but the whole "I can barely stand this thing I watch, but I'll keep watching, and ***** the whole way to the finish line" thing that I see so often online is just irritating.

You don't like something? Take a step back, then. You wont have to subject yourself to something you don't enjoy, and we won't have to listen to you **** on how beneath you it is. Everyone wins.

Sorry, but I find it entertaining. I'm not going to stop watching the show and I'm not going to stop commenting on it just because you don't like the things I have to say.

I'd totally quit. Because it'd confirm the suspicion of AMC slowly turning it into The Daryl Show. The story started with Rick so it should end with him.
Yeah, the middle American housewives need to find someone else to get their rocks off to. I like Daryl but he seriously went from a no-name racist character to Rick's number 2. Rick, who was responsible for him losing Merle for over a year.

It would certainly hurt the show for me, if they lost Daryl, not for Tyronne, not yet, Tyronne would have to have an incredible season, some good writing and development to replace Daryl level of likability. I think it's much harder to make flesh and blood characters on screen as interchangeable as the characters that come and go in the comics.

I see Rick as the main character and would prefer him to make it to the last season. I've always pictured the last episode would be him getting killed and then we flash toward to an adult Carl leading the group. The rest wouldn't bother me so much but hopefully they don't kill off major characters for the bad place of it.

They'd be fools to kill off Daryl and there's virtually no show without Rick. They are probably the only safe characters other than Rick's kids.

I wouldn't say Rick's KidS.

I'd say only Carl is safe out of those two.

Season four finale ....The governor punts Judith.

I see Rick as the main character and would prefer him to make it to the last season. I've always pictured the last episode would be him getting killed and then we flash toward to an adult Carl leading the group. The rest wouldn't bother me so much but hopefully they don't kill off major characters for the bad place of it.
That's pretty much what I've always pictured as well.

Certain characters are important to maintaining a show's quality, IMO. Frankly, I think the show would not be as good if Rick died, and I think Daryl is the only guy who could possibly fill Rick's shoes and keep the show going. I see the show limping on for a season or two left should they kill of Rick. I wouldn't mind him dying in the last episode, however.

IMO, If Daryl died, a large part of the show's appeal would take a hit as well. It'd be like getting rid of Fonzie or Wolverine. Could the show continue without Daryl? yeah, but it definitely would not be as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"