Iron Man Sequels If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

Throwing names like Tarantino and Duncan Jones...haha, this is Marvel. At best, they'll go for someone like Peter Berg.

I really hope this is all a stunt by Favsy to get back complete control. So sad.

Aww man this sucks! I say let nobody touch it for at least 7 years. We'll still see Iron Man in Avengers movies but his own franchise needs time to pass. And whoever does end up doing it is likely going to come up short no matter what anyway.

Duncan Jones would be cool with me. A nice up and coming director that could handle the sci-fi of Iron Man.

idk why, but i want to say somebody like richard donner and joe dante,somebody who can bring that old fashion 80's senability i felt from favs.

Get Joss Whedon.He already rewrote Captain America.He Is rewriting and will direct
The Avengers.What some may not remember Is back In 2001 when Iron Man was at New Line Cinema Joss has discussions to do Iron Man.He could the next solo Iron man story
and could do some post Avengers easter egss In there.

Joss Whedon seems like the most obvious choice and would not be a bad one either.

however, some of the guys that Nolan had lined up to direct Superman would do great directing the 3rd Iron Man film

i just hope Jon comes back to play Happy

I'm interested to hear what RDJ makes of all this. He's probably tied to a contract, but I doubt he's happy now.

Whedon would be a decent choice but I'm sad to see Favs leave.

No Favreau and a majority of the cast we'll have to be recast and I'd rather that not happen.

I'm pretty sure that Marvel has locked in some of the supporting players, like Gwyneth Paltrow, Clark Gregg and Scarlett Johannson. Not to mention RDJ, Samuel L. Jackson and Don Cheadle's contracts are set in stone.

If someone else ends up directing IM3, rest assured most of the principal players are contractually obligated to do it. I mean, you didn't see any of the principal actors re-cast in X3.

I'm willing to bet Marvel with go with Brett Ratner, McG or Michael Bay on a 3rd IM movie...

Depending on how the Avengers movie turns out ... Joss Whedon. I guess that's an obvious choice, but I think it would make sense. At least Iron Man 3 would feel connected to the Avengers movie, maybe?

Aw, hell, maybe I'll just go and say that the Avengers movie IS going to be Iron Man 3. We all know that Iron Man will be the star of it, since he's the biggest draw for the mainstream audience.

I really have no idea, considering this franchise was in so much of Favreau's hands. I don't know if it would be best to take the (direct) sequel in a different direction, which would cause some discrepancies, or try to continue on the way they were going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"