Iron Man Sequels If Favs is indeed out, who do you want to take the reins of Iron Man 3?

Edgar Wright is too busy with Ant-Man though. And again, you have to factor in that it's a sequel to a well established franchise, post Avengers. It'll be a hard gig.

In no way would I want the Wa-suck bros. on this.

Do you guys seriously think that Joss would want to immediately jump from The Avengers to this? Lets be realistic, shall we?

Hey maybe if Webb doesn't pan out at Sony, then they'll try to get Favs for a Spidey film?

Joss isnt doing this so lets scratch his name off.
Tarantino said he isnt doing a superhero movie because comicbook fans obsess over the right color of red in superman's cape.

Based on their hirings they will go for someone who isnt going to require a large paycheck... so scratch Bay. Marvel is going to low ball the director like they normally do.
I am not really expecting good things to come out of the announcement for IM3 director.

JJ Abrams would be ideal but Star Trek won't let that happen.

Based on their hirings they will go for someone who isnt going to require a large paycheck... so scratch Bay. Marvel is going to low ball the director like they normally do.
I am not really expecting good things to come out of the announcement for IM3 director.

did you expect good things from Favreau who directed Elf and Zathura? I didn't and he suprised me. They don't need to hire an A-list director, rather hire somebody with a fresh take. Chris Nolan wasn't a huge name before doing Batman either.

did you expect good things from Favreau who directed Elf and Zathura? I didn't and he suprised me. They don't need to hire an A-list director, rather hire somebody with a fresh take. Chris Nolan wasn't a huge name before doing Batman either.

Yes I did expect IM to be good with Favreau.
I am not saying they need to get a A-list director but the way marvel works they will not try to get a B or even C list director

Chris Nolan may not have been a big name but he was a rising star with Memento and Insomnia

Yes I did expect IM to be good with Favreau.
I am not saying they need to get a A-list director but the way marvel works they will not try to get a B or even C list director

Chris Nolan may not have been a big name but he was a rising star with Memento and Insomnia

Cmon. What basis at all did you have to think Favreau would make a good, serious Iron Man movie? Zathura, (a Jumaji remake) and a funny Christmas comedy?

Why don't you think that Marvel will land a B or C list director? Kenneth Branagh is a well respected director and Joe Johnson has done quality work. Joss Wheadon was a respected hiring based on his past work. Even Louis Leterrier wasn't too bad for a Hulk movie. All of these directors were more well known directors than Favreau was when he took on Iron Man. You have nothing to base your hunch on given these hirings and that of the actors they brought to their films.

As for Nolan, he wasn't a big name at all. He was a rising star because of the two movies you listed, but not an A-list director. Iron Man put Favreau in the position to do bigger work in the same way Batman has for Nolan. I don't see why this can't replicated for Iron Man 3.

Again, Edgar Wright would be cool but he ain't gonna do it. Too much baggage (being a sequel), and he's working on Ant-Man already.

It's not like Pirates 4, where Rob Marsall. That's okay because THAT was more of a stand-alone film. Here, you are following up The Avengers, which is already an Iron Man movie..kinda.

What about Matt Reeves? I think that's a pretty realisitc choice.

I actually wouldn't mind Carnahan...

Yes, on second thought those visionaries might be too good for Iron Man.

Visionaries? Hah! Uber-hacks is more like it. The Matrix sequels and Speed racer are three of the worst movies I have ever seen in my life. To me it looks like they just got lucky with the first Matrix movie.

Of those available(leaves out Abrams, Wright, Whedon) I'd go with Reeves. LMI knocked my socks off and Cloverfield was pretty decent as well.

The Matrix and Bound are great movies and even their failures are interesting to watch (Speed Race, Matrix sequels).

I think the Wachowskis could make a great Iron Man sequel using the framework of Favreau's movies.

They are not hacks. The Matrix is a perfect action movie.

At best I thought the original Matrix to be just ok. Bound is pretty meh, IMO.

Cmon. What basis at all did you have to think Favreau would make a good, serious Iron Man movie? Zathura, (a Jumaji remake) and a funny Christmas comedy?

Why don't you think that Marvel will land a B or C list director? Kenneth Branagh is a well respected director and Joe Johnson has done quality work. Joss Wheadon was a respected hiring based on his past work. Even Louis Leterrier wasn't too bad for a Hulk movie. All of these directors were more well known directors than Favreau was when he took on Iron Man. You have nothing to base your hunch on given these hirings and that of the actors they brought to their films.

As for Nolan, he wasn't a big name at all. He was a rising star because of the two movies you listed, but not an A-list director. Iron Man put Favreau in the position to do bigger work in the same way Batman has for Nolan. I don't see why this can't replicated for Iron Man 3.

I dont need a director to do a superhero movie to judge their ability to do a superhero movie. Fav has talent and from what i saw of the movies I thought he'd be able to pull it off.
Branagh is a good director but he isnt A-list. Neither are Whedon or Leterrier.
A-list director's can sell movies by themselves. Spielberg, Cameron and Tarantino fit this bill.
I never claimed Nolan was an A-list director (a status he didnt achieve until TDK).

The Matrix and Bound are great movies and even their failures are interesting to watch (Speed Race, Matrix sequels).

I think the Wachowskis could make a great Iron Man sequel using the framework of Favreau's movies.

They are not hacks. The Matrix is a perfect action movie.

i think they would make a good IM movie but I dont see Marvel coming out of pocket for them

A big hell no to the Wachowski Bros. They would Batman Forever this movie up with their neon lights and bright colors. Plus their last good movie was over 10 years ago. No thanks

As a fan of Starship Troopers 1, Basic Instinct, Robocop and Total Recall, i say Paul Verhoeven.

Speed Racer >>>>> Iron Man

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"