If Fox Announces Another F4 Film at SDCC...

I don't think Fox will announce those 6 movies this year. They still have Deadpool 2,New Mutants and Dark Phoenix. So the uncertainity is probably going to kill us for a long time.

Fox never does much interesting. They typically just push their upcoming films even if they're not comic-book related.

I remember checking in the live feed in 2014 (when Fant4stic had just finished filming), and as I remember, they didn't even mention Fant4stic... but they had a trailer for "Let's be Cops".

Fox doesn't care about comic book fans. They just use them to try to push whatever crap they have to push.

They didn't even show up last year.

there is a vague glimmer of hope unless something gets flash-produced in the next couple of years, then hopefully rights can naturally get back to Marvel/Disney.

At this point I don't think they'd care if everyone booed. After failing numerous times you'd think they'd just give up but I think they're just scared Marvel might use them infinitely better. After seeing how Daredevil, Punisher and Ghost Ridee turned out they don't wanna look like fools.
CBM's are the gold mine of Hollywood these days...When done right.

So it doesn't really matter if Fox doesn't care as much as news of being Booed out of SDCC would reach moviegoers who don't really follow these forums. Thus tarnishing Fox-Marvel even more while compromising the potential of any other Marvel films Fox has planned.

Heck, I'm not supporting anything released by 20th Century these days.

Speaking of the original FF film, saw a photo of Julian McMahon the other day for first time in ages. He looks like he's turning into his own waxwork.
Julian+McMahon+6th+AACTA+International+Awards+6Mj5kR0t_5Wl.jpg

Say what you will about the first two FF movies, at least they got some of the characters right. The Torch's effects were great for the time, and miles better than the Fan4stic Torch. Reed actually looked plausible when stretching and for all the costume's drawbacks the Thing was close enough to the Ben we know and love to make that excusable. Even McDoom was far better than Crash Test Doomy from Trank's dumpster fire of a film. The Sues were about a wash because both actresses gave horrible performances.

While I hate the idea of another Fox4, part of me is resigned to the inevitable low budget reboot. At least they can't just s*** out a Silver Surfer or Doctor Doom movie to keep the rights; we all know they'd have done that years ago if they could. Sadly, older fans like myself will have to be content with the MCU for the foreseeable future. That is no small consolation for me because the Avengers have always been my favorites. The FF are right up there with them, however, and I'm desperate to see them given the film they deserve.

Say what you will about the first two FF movies, at least they got some of the characters right. The Torch's effects were great for the time, and miles better than the Fan4stic Torch. Reed actually looked plausible when stretching and for all the costume's drawbacks the Thing was close enough to the Ben we know and love to make that excusable. Even McDoom was far better than Crash Test Doomy from Trank's dumpster fire of a film. The Sues were about a wash because both actresses gave horrible performances.

While I hate the idea of another Fox4, part of me is resigned to the inevitable low budget reboot. At least they can't just s*** out a Silver Surfer or Doctor Doom movie to keep the rights; we all know they'd have done that years ago if they could. Sadly, older fans like myself will have to be content with the MCU for the foreseeable future. That is no small consolation for me because the Avengers have always been my favorites. The FF are right up there with them, however, and I'm desperate to see them given the film they deserve.

I actually enjoyed the first two films. I never took them as seriously or as epic in overall scope as the Marvel ones Feige has been behind since the first Iron Man, but they were lighter in tone and entertaining and I certainly never classed them as bad movies. Some of the choices made were absolutely spot-on and I felt they got the characters right, for the most part.

Unlike Trank's version.......

Does anyone ever get booed at Comic-Con?

Didn't Zack Snyder get a hum of boos last year at comic con? They had the Directors line up with Patty, Rick Famyua, Affleck, James Wan, and Zack walked out and there was some audible boos. Nothing overwhelming though. I don't think he noticed.

well, I didn't want Snyder to make another DC movie after MoS, still, they announced BvS at SDCC. I know I booed at home in front of the live ticker that minute.

Studios can misjudge the audiences wishes (or else there wouldn't be bad movies), they certainly can misjudge fans wishes when it comes to projects. So it is only a matter of time until they announce something they might think is what fans want but is actually the opposite.

Statistically it should have happend already.

MoS made money. It has a fan following regardless of what you thought of it, hence why they were confident to announce it.

Fan4stic bombed critically and financially. I doubt they will make a grand announcement, if they make an announcement at all.

Didn't Zack Snyder get a hum of boos last year at comic con? They had the Directors line up with Patty, Rick Famyua, Affleck, James Wan, and Zack walked out and there was some audible boos. Nothing overwhelming though. I don't think he noticed.

I hope he doesn't get any boos if he's at any upcoming conventions, given the events he's had to deal with in his personal life recently. There are far more important things than movies which serve only to entertain us.

I hope he doesn't get any boos if he's at any upcoming conventions, given the events he's had to deal with in his personal life recently. There are far more important things than movies which serve only to entertain us.

I don't think he's even going to be there. That being said, fans at SDCC are savvy enough to know about Zack's current situation. I can't see the being heartless enough to boo him for a movie that came out last year.

What time is Fox panel going to start? In 5 hours right?

Do fans have to wait until Fox announces something to react? I think Fans should show up with signs telling Fox to stop f***ing with FF even though they're likely to not even mention them.

Though I guess the rules are probably pretty tight and any rabble-rousers would get kicked out.

... still, it might be worth getting kicked out for that. At least you'd have a story. :woot:

If another film is made (preferably at Marvel/Disney) then the origin should be bypassed. Just skip it. They're a team. They happened. Have fun for once.

Doctor Doom is not a good guy. He's not even an anti-hero. Way to mess this up again Fox.

So what ? Do you need a good guy as a main character in all movies ? A great villain is as good as great hero.

They may need a POV character here.

I'm imagining this almost like a comic-book version of The Last King of Scotland.

So what ? Do you need a good guy as a main character in all movies ? A great villain is as good as great hero.

Agreed. I mean, look at A Clockwork Orange and Taxi Driver. You hate (but mostly pity) the main character but they're fascinating to witness.

And here I was really hoping Fox would just let the four go home.

Honestly, I'd just start laughing so hard.

qHrRGDS.gif

ewlioRJ.gif

B5bsNZa.gif

As promised. Regardless of what it means for the MCU or Fox, this is absolutely hilarious guys. You guys see that, right?

Michael Chiklis also seemed to enjoy playing The Thing as well, despite him wanting to wear that cheesy suit. If only he could have resorted to Performance Capture instead. He could have still worn prosthetic fists and feet if he wanted to keep in character. Chiklis was easily one of the best things of the first two films.

If the rights reverted I wonder if they would ask Chiklis to return as The Thing.

So they announced a Doctor Doom film in the works...no boos.

Urban legend

My point still stands.

99% negotiating tactic. The Franklin/Valeria rumor apparently got them nothing from Marvel so they try this. There was an article after FFINO from the Hollywood Reporter IIRC where they pointed out that doing a reboot after the kind of loss Fox suffered has never happened before. And Rupert Murdoch did not become a billionaire by doing stupid things that no one else has ever done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"