Justice League If it’s a success will Zack Snyder’s Justice League lead to more?

SupermanFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
OK we know the film is now getting a worldwide release on March 18th so it has its best chance of success. But do you think if the film is a success we will get more in live action, animation &/or comic books? Be it spin offs? Sequels? prequels?

Or do you think whether it makes bank or not that this is a one and done?

I think there is to much drama and sourness for there to be a live action sequel. WB has done everything to move away from Snyders aesthetic and have found more success since then.

Comic/Graphic novel? I think DC would be willing to play ball.

Before you can even try to answer that question, you would first have to answer an even harder question: "What, exactly, would constitute 'success'?" Subscriber increase? Use increase? Retention rates? Critical ratings? Fan hype? Social media attention? Note that several possibility include a distinct disjoint between what the fans would consider signs of success, and what AT&T considers success.

I think that even if this manage to combine high viewership and critical success, a true live action follow-up, a proper Justice League part 2, will never happen. I doubted Snyder was willing to do it, but even if he's starting to show a little interest in it lately, I think that too many main players are too far and busy in their careers now to take advantage of any momentum ...

At the very, very best, I could see money put in an animated sequel or spin-off, but not much more... A comic book would be a more realistic expectation imo.

Maybe a comic or animated continuation. A live action sequel ain't happening.

I think if (and it’s a big IF) we do get a live action sequel, it’d be in a series format, which would actually be better for actors schedules as they wouldn’t necessarily all need to be available for long periods together. But then I also think the way it plays out would need to change too to for a series format.

However unlikely it is, I’m not ruling it out.

Before you can even try to answer that question, you would first have to answer an even harder question: "What, exactly, would constitute 'success'?" Subscriber increase? Use increase? Retention rates? Critical ratings? Fan hype? Social media attention? Note that several possibility include a distinct disjoint between what the fans would consider signs of success, and what AT&T considers success.

Just take the question as if whatever their measurements are it surpasses them.

I think if it's a success Zack will be given the chance to continue his characters. At the very least I'm confident he'll get a Batman/Joker project on HBO Max.

I won't claim to know the ins and outs of budgets and what's feasible so in terms of a direct sequel.... it's only a distant hope I think. But I suppose as this project in itself proved much to the chagrin of some.....anything is possible.

I really want a comic series or animated film. A part of me wants that more than a live action sequel, i dont know why. But with a comic or animated film there are no budgetary boundaries and you can go as big and crazy as you want.

If its a comic series though, someone like Jim Lee HAS to illustrate it.

Live-action sequel sounds extremely unlikely. Absolutely a continuation in some form though, probably a comic.

I think if (and it’s a big IF) we do get a live action sequel, it’d be in a series format, which would actually be better for actors schedules as they wouldn’t necessarily all need to be available for long periods together. But then I also think the way it plays out would need to change too to for a series format.

However unlikely it is, I’m not ruling it out.

Just take the question as if whatever their measurements are it surpasses them.

You don't take a property like JL w/high profile actors and out it on streaming service. Itd have to be for the big screen.

Yes. That's how it works. The Flight Attendant was supposed to be a limited series but Stankey and other higher ups liked what it did for HBO Max so they ordered more

It this does as well or better than WW84 in Nielsen charts, they're calling Zack back for more

You don't take a property like JL w/high profile actors and out it on streaming service. Itd have to be for the big screen.

I think AT&T would disagree with you. Do you know the profit they stand to make from streaming if they meet their goals would far exceed cinematic earnings. Netflix would have made around $4 billion in profit last year had they not had to pay for IPs. WB doesn’t have that problem cause they own the IPs. People need to understand that streaming is the future. Heck 20 years ago you wouldn’t have thought certain actors would do TV that do now. Times change.

Also anything more form this world would be via HBO cause WB & Snyder are not in a good place and it ZSJL is huge on streaming you don’t then switch that up to the big screen.

I think AT&T would argee with me. There is a reason why these streaming studios don't produce $200+million films. If it were that profitable they'd be making plenty.

I think one very important thing that fans need to acknowledge is that Snyder himself seems to be done. Hes said—several times at this point— that hes got a lot on his plate in his near future. He’s in bed with Netflix now doing original stuff that he knows hes gonna be able to do his way without any drama. Finishing ZSJL is his swan song and a cathartic conclusion to his DC tenure for him. I truly believe that even IF he were to be approached for a sequel, im not so sure he’d wanna do it. Why go through all that headache all over again? Toby Emmerich and Hamada are still in charge.

I think thats something we all really need to take to heart. I feel like even when Zack says, “yeah this is it, theres not gonna be anymore,” the fans are kind of brushing it off as “yeah yeah, hes just saying that,”but the man himself might just be done and wanna do his own projects going forward.

Don't underestimate the issue that HBO Max has nothing apart from this to compete with The Mandalorian in terms of scale. Desperate times lead to desperate measures. There is a reason why their first intention was to make this one a mini-series.

It's still the highly divisive Snyder making $250M+ films. I don't see it happening, but anything could I suppose.

This also isn't all they have to offer to boost their subs.

Yeah, but nobody is saying that it would have to cost that. The fact of the matter here is Marvel/Disney are pouring 100+ million into their series for Disney+. HBO Max could perfectly take the original JL2 & 3, tell Snyder/Terrio to expand on it and divide both films into 3/4 seasons. The potential is there.

I think one very important thing that fans need to acknowledge is that Snyder himself seems to be done. Hes said—several times at this point— that hes got a lot on his plate in his near future. He’s in bed with Netflix now doing original stuff that he knows hes gonna be able to do his way without any drama. Finishing ZSJL is his swan song and a cathartic conclusion to his DC tenure for him. I truly believe that even IF he were to be approached for a sequel, im not so sure he’d wanna do it. Why go through all that headache all over again? Toby Emmerich and Hamada are still in charge.

I think thats something we all really need to take to heart. I feel like even when Zack says, “yeah this is it, theres not gonna be anymore,” the fans are kind of brushing it off as “yeah yeah, hes just saying that,”but the man himself might just be done and wanna do his own projects going forward.

He never fully commits though, and he seemed even more open on that most recent interview the did. I’ll have to see if I can find the clip.

Im not saying it’s gonna happen but I think he would consider doing more if offered.

Don't underestimate the issue that HBO Max has nothing apart from this to compete with The Mandalorian in terms of scale. Desperate times lead to desperate measures. There is a reason why their first intention was to make this one a mini-series.

Agreed. Mandalorian, smash hit. Leading right into W+V, smash hit. Followed by Falcon and Winter Soldier, which I expect to be strong. I'm not even canceling my Disney+ sub at this point since one show is coming after another and they have been really good.

HBO Max needs to get that recognition.

It’s why I think if they develop a JL2 into something new that would better fit a series format it can open that door for more too.

Yeah, but nobody is saying that it would have to cost that. The fact of the matter here is Marvel/Disney are pouring 100+ million into their series for Disney+. HBO Max could perfectly take the original JL2 & 3, tell Snyder/Terrio to expand on it and divide both films into 3/4 seasons. The potential is there.

Also while on the topic of Mandalorian, a follow up to ZSJL would carry a large budget let’s not forget that Hollywood have developed new ways to film like the Mandalorian has where they don’t need to film on location anymore they can create the locations digitally. So that in itself opens new opportunities.

I think the spinoff game is where these next chapters can exist. They can do so much with spinoffs on HBO Max.

The likelihood of tying down Ben/Gal/Ezra to a series, much less Justice League is slim. If it already costs them $250+mill for a 4hr film...a 6-10 series? Not gonna happen. Game of Thrones cost $100mill for 10 episodes and that was before the cast got their major pay raises. That was a first for tv production.

Yeah, they're already moving forward with more interesting talent imo. Continue in that direction. Snyder will get this massive send off and he also has a new film coming and Fountainhead somewhere in there. He'll be busy and even this film may get him some offers somewhere.

Though I heard him say he’s done lol and it didn’t sound convincing at all lol

I don’t know if there will be more if the parameters are good for HBO Max but if he’s done on his end he could put in the trailer “The conclusion to the Snyder DC saga” like Mr Nolan did in 2012 and that’d bump the hype again

He hasn’t committed to that move yet :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"