If it’s a success will Zack Snyder’s Justice League lead to more?

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by SupermanFan, Feb 20, 2021.

?

Do you think we will get more?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    58.3%
  1. blackdragon6 Registered

If it does it needs more female members imo. Probably more than one, maybe 2.

2. heatvision38 Man of Steel

Why not 3, you sexist?

3. Yowza Registered

I like the idea of how Zach Snyder named 7 different segments to Justice League.

It's not entirely different. Afterall, DVD's and Blu-Rays have been making chapters for quite some time but I think it is novel in that this film really became structured around it in the post-production phase geared towards streaming and viewing under a different context during Covid than a theater group based outing.

Of course, Justice League wasn't released episodically but that's not to say there couldn't be some short episodic segments that go together filmed at a later point maybe. It wouldn't string together into a full-on JL2 or 3 probably but it could maybe provide some JL1 tie-ins similarly to how Gaurdians 3 will have a few on Disney+. That would be neat as would 2 graphic novels for sequels.

Besides that, there's a potential Ayer cut as well. A small new scene at the end of the film would be nice maybe just alluding to the new timeline from WW1 onwards. My idea is the Joker in a post-credits scene citing timelines (not times this time) are a changing: Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad

#78 Yowza, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  4. ChrisLyne Registered

Just speaking personally I think that a Knightmare sequel with evil Superman would likely be even more divisive than BvS was so I think they should go out on this high.

I do think the Ayer Cut is all but guaranteed at this point as it's a lot easier/quicker/cheaper to do so it seems like a very low risk/high reward prospect at this point.

5. MbJ Registered

From interview today.
    WarnerMedia's Ann Sarnoff on 'Justice League,' Toxic Fandom - Variety

6. Longshot777 Registered

Warstu and Grace Randolph has always been right about this way before EVERY LEGIT SOURCES has been saying Snyder Cut WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

Well It did happen and Warstu and Grace were both right and now they say if this is successful then SnyderVerse is back in business.

So of course we will get more IF SUCCESSFUL.

Stark Bauer likes this.
  7. Arrow1987 Registered

I want a sequel.

Maybe more female members of the justice league. Be there an equal menbers of men and women of the justice league

I want to see a battle between Darkseid also.

8. Yowza Registered

Love the stupid headline Variety pulled out of their ass.

With comic fandom toxicity is always present to a degree. How many showed up to protest release the Snyder cut in person around 2018? Very few and these were just some comic nerds in their late 30s early 40s. Things took off digitally and Zach involved them in something positive namely suicide prevention.

The contextualization via the hot button question asked merely creates a false framework for Ann to react to. HBOmax will get more subscribers and only 1 week so why not try and be positive in an interview that is supposed to promote?

Anyway, toxic fandom is moreso the haters I would say. Why not focus on the plenty of other stuff they enjoy? They use terms like Snyder cultists for mere fans not even involved in a movement like i have seen by a few languid individuals making posts on these boards that could erode their way through anything. I just read some and I am just thinking if Snyder's movie can be likened to a monument some of the poster comments would create the Grand Canyon.

#83 Yowza, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  9. Sorath Registered

I'm on the fence about this. I like Justice League it was a big improvement on BvS and Joss JL. I have a really hard time getting behind Snyder because of Batman v Superman. Superman my favorite character and I hate way he treated Superman. I hated the way he treated Doomsday and Death of Superman. I can't forgive him for what he did to that film. So makes it very hard for me to be supportive.

In all honestly its part of the reason I'm not impressed with JL. Yea it was a good film but it doesn't take much when you keep putting out crappy films.

Also I'm not really fond of what will come in JL 2 as it will probably be an evil Superman. I'm not against a story line that features an evil Superman. However when we can't even get a good Superman sequel and what we have with Superman is either bad or limited its hard to get behind an evil Superman.

As of right now I'm maintaining that I'm done with the DCEU. I only watch Snyder Cut out of curiosity. While it was good which didn't take much considering what came before it still doesn't make me eager for more DC films. All the films have been sloppy and poorly made. We get one or two here or there that are good but all of them have been terrible disappointing. I can't change that other put my foot down and say no more. I refuse to watch DC films till they step up their game and actually start doing a better job then what their doing.

herolee10, Venom 1988 and WBwins like this.
  10. ManWithNoName18 Registered

The tweet storm for #RestoreTheSnyderVerse went really well. Starting to think WB might actually do some type of continuation to Snyder's JL.

And contrary to all Snyder's formal interviews, his Vero comments make it look like he'd return in a heartbeat if allowed.

The_Manhunter and Karelia like this.
  11. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville

I really hope we get more. Do you think if the 4k/Blu Ray sales are through the roof that could be a deciding factor? If they still haven't made up their mind by then lol.

12. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Since Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman get to live beyond the Snyder films, here’d be a fun way to soft reboot both Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) so their stories can continue forward.

Bring in Jordan Vogt-Roberts (Kong: Skull Island, upcoming Metal Gear Solid) or Cary Joi Fukunaga (True Detective, upcoming No Time to Die) to direct.

BATMAN: HUSH
    an HBOMax Series Event

Bruce Wayne / Batman: Ben Affleck
    [​IMG]

Dick / Nightwing: Charles Melton
    Alfred Pennyworth: Jeremy Irons
    Selina Kyle / Catwoman: Elodie Yung
    Barbara Gordon / Batgirl: Kaitlyn Dever

Commissioner Gordon: J.K. Simmons
    Thomas Elliot: Matt Damon
    Amanda Waller: Viola Davis
    Katana: Karen Fukuhara

Clark Kent / Superman: Henry Cavill
    Lois Lane: Amy Adams

Riddler: Giovanni Ribisi
    Poison Ivy: Eiza González
    Joker: Jared Leto
    Punchline: Emily Browning
    Scarecrow: Sharlto Copley
    Killer Croc: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

SIX (6) EPISODE STORY TREATMENT

Watch out for spoilers from the original storyline (and elements from the 2019 animated adaptation) in my write-up for a six episode series:

FULL SUPPORTING CAST PHOTO GALLERY

#87 BobJM, Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    GREEN =w= DAY likes this.
  13. ManWithNoName18 Registered

With that Ray Fisher article out I do get the impression

WB really wants to distance and move on from Snyder,

I don't know what would need to be done to repair the relationship between Fisher & WB. And if they would want him to return as Cyborg in a new Snyderverse movie, or if Ray would even come back.

14. MbJ Registered

Both blaming the cancellation of New Gods on the Snyder Cut and the source today claiming some within the studio blame Zack for Ray's accusations also makes me think a sequel is unlikely.

15. Yowza Registered

Will there be sequel? It all depends on the real world table of 6.:o

Bruce Wayne at 2:21:45 mark of Justice League Snyder Cut: "This is the only way... There are 6 not 5. There is no us without him".

Table of 6=Justice League

Real World Justice League Table of 6 at WB with I suppose Walter Hamada being their Superman:
    Table of 6: Table of 6:o

In other words, there is no DC movie without Walter Hamada.

#90 Yowza, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  16. SupermanFan Registered

17. Yowza Registered

Justice League scene riff:
    Fans: He (WB) said he'll fight with us?
    HBOMax : More or less.
    Fans: More MORE or more LESS?
    HBOMax: Probably more less.
    HBOMax : He said no.
    Fans: He said no.
    WB: Walter Hamada is our Superman. We are the table of 6. We are the Justice League. We make make the movies. We call the shots.

Greenlite likes this.
  18. Evil Twin Registered

That table does not show that ZSJL beat WW84 in terms of total viewers. WW84 debuted on Christmas, undoubtedly one of the biggest streaming days of the year. It could very easily have a smaller percentage but much larger viewer numbers.

Percentage of what is the unknown.

19. Yowza Registered

Doin the Ritz: Table of 6.:o

20. MbJ Registered

The caption near the end seems to indicate things haven't changed.

21. SupermanFan Registered

It seems like convenient reasons for them to use.

22. MbJ Registered

Around 58 minutes in, Zack is asked about the #RestoreTheSnyderVerse movement. He says he's honored and never say never, but most likely it'll lead to nothing. I'm surprised to see him so blunt.

kguillou likes this.
  23. Kevin_28 Registered

He's been saying that for a while, to be fair.

24. Mani-Man Registered

At least he is more of a realist about it.
    And i guess at some point even Snyder gets tired of this all.

Since 2010(Snyder was hired 2010 right?) this goes on and he had to fight on a lot fronts, be it with the studio, against fans, critics etc.
    More than 10 years...at one point when you have to fight over this long time, you can get tired.

And its not like he threw out movie after movie, 11 years in and 3 snyder DC movies are out(If we ignore where he was executive producer etc).
    So i can see him at some point just be tired and wanting to move on.

25. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

I thought it was clear that he wants to keep doing it lol

It's clearly the studio that is the roadblock.

Greenlite likes this.