Justice League If it’s a success will Zack Snyder’s Justice League lead to more?

If it does it needs more female members imo. Probably more than one, maybe 2.

I like the idea of how Zach Snyder named 7 different segments to Justice League.

It's not entirely different. Afterall, DVD's and Blu-Rays have been making chapters for quite some time but I think it is novel in that this film really became structured around it in the post-production phase geared towards streaming and viewing under a different context during Covid than a theater group based outing.

Of course, Justice League wasn't released episodically but that's not to say there couldn't be some short episodic segments that go together filmed at a later point maybe. It wouldn't string together into a full-on JL2 or 3 probably but it could maybe provide some JL1 tie-ins similarly to how Gaurdians 3 will have a few on Disney+. That would be neat as would 2 graphic novels for sequels.

Besides that, there's a potential Ayer cut as well. A small new scene at the end of the film would be nice maybe just alluding to the new timeline from WW1 onwards. My idea is the Joker in a post-credits scene citing timelines (not times this time) are a changing: Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad

Last edited:
Just speaking personally I think that a Knightmare sequel with evil Superman would likely be even more divisive than BvS was so I think they should go out on this high.

I do think the Ayer Cut is all but guaranteed at this point as it's a lot easier/quicker/cheaper to do so it seems like a very low risk/high reward prospect at this point.

From interview today.
WarnerMedia's Ann Sarnoff on 'Justice League,' Toxic Fandom - Variety

The campaign for #ReleaseTheSnyderCut has moved into a new phase. It’s now #RestoreTheSnyderVerse. What’s your reaction to this new campaign?

I appreciate that they love Zack’s work and we are very thankful for his many contributions to DC. We’re just so happy that he could bring his cut of the “Justice League” to life because that wasn’t in the plan until about a year ago. With that comes the completion of his trilogy. We’re very happy we’ve done this, but we’re very excited about the plans we have for all the multi-dimensional DC characters that are being developed right now.
Will there be more of these director’s cuts? Will we see David Ayer’s cut of “Suicide Squad”?

We won’t be developing David Ayer’s cut.

Warstu and Grace Randolph has always been right about this way before EVERY LEGIT SOURCES has been saying Snyder Cut WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!

Well It did happen and Warstu and Grace were both right and now they say if this is successful then SnyderVerse is back in business.

So of course we will get more IF SUCCESSFUL.

I want a sequel.

Maybe more female members of the justice league. Be there an equal menbers of men and women of the justice league

I want to see a battle between Darkseid also.

Love the stupid headline Variety pulled out of their ass.

With comic fandom toxicity is always present to a degree. How many showed up to protest release the Snyder cut in person around 2018? Very few and these were just some comic nerds in their late 30s early 40s. Things took off digitally and Zach involved them in something positive namely suicide prevention.

The contextualization via the hot button question asked merely creates a false framework for Ann to react to. HBOmax will get more subscribers and only 1 week so why not try and be positive in an interview that is supposed to promote?

Anyway, toxic fandom is moreso the haters I would say. Why not focus on the plenty of other stuff they enjoy? They use terms like Snyder cultists for mere fans not even involved in a movement like i have seen by a few languid individuals making posts on these boards that could erode their way through anything. I just read some and I am just thinking if Snyder's movie can be likened to a monument some of the poster comments would create the Grand Canyon.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence about this. I like Justice League it was a big improvement on BvS and Joss JL. I have a really hard time getting behind Snyder because of Batman v Superman. Superman my favorite character and I hate way he treated Superman. I hated the way he treated Doomsday and Death of Superman. I can't forgive him for what he did to that film. So makes it very hard for me to be supportive.

In all honestly its part of the reason I'm not impressed with JL. Yea it was a good film but it doesn't take much when you keep putting out crappy films.

Also I'm not really fond of what will come in JL 2 as it will probably be an evil Superman. I'm not against a story line that features an evil Superman. However when we can't even get a good Superman sequel and what we have with Superman is either bad or limited its hard to get behind an evil Superman.

As of right now I'm maintaining that I'm done with the DCEU. I only watch Snyder Cut out of curiosity. While it was good which didn't take much considering what came before it still doesn't make me eager for more DC films. All the films have been sloppy and poorly made. We get one or two here or there that are good but all of them have been terrible disappointing. I can't change that other put my foot down and say no more. I refuse to watch DC films till they step up their game and actually start doing a better job then what their doing.

The tweet storm for #RestoreTheSnyderVerse went really well. Starting to think WB might actually do some type of continuation to Snyder's JL.

And contrary to all Snyder's formal interviews, his Vero comments make it look like he'd return in a heartbeat if allowed.

I really hope we get more. Do you think if the 4k/Blu Ray sales are through the roof that could be a deciding factor? If they still haven't made up their mind by then lol.

Since Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman get to live beyond the Snyder films, here’d be a fun way to soft reboot both Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) so their stories can continue forward.

Bring in Jordan Vogt-Roberts (Kong: Skull Island, upcoming Metal Gear Solid) or Cary Joi Fukunaga (True Detective, upcoming No Time to Die) to direct.

BATMAN: HUSH
an HBOMax Series Event

Bruce Wayne / Batman: Ben Affleck
Ben-Affleck---s-Batman-Gets-DC-Rebirth-Inspired-Suit-In-Fan-Art.jpg

Dick / Nightwing: Charles Melton
Alfred Pennyworth: Jeremy Irons
Selina Kyle / Catwoman: Elodie Yung
Barbara Gordon / Batgirl: Kaitlyn Dever

Commissioner Gordon: J.K. Simmons
Thomas Elliot: Matt Damon
Amanda Waller: Viola Davis
Katana: Karen Fukuhara

Clark Kent / Superman: Henry Cavill
Lois Lane: Amy Adams

Riddler: Giovanni Ribisi
Poison Ivy: Eiza González
Joker: Jared Leto
Punchline: Emily Browning
Scarecrow: Sharlto Copley
Killer Croc: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

SIX (6) EPISODE STORY TREATMENT

Watch out for spoilers from the original storyline (and elements from the 2019 animated adaptation) in my write-up for a six episode series:

EPISODE I

BRUCE WAYNE is trying his best to keep a low profile at the latest charity gala, which he's obligated to attend as chairperson. He ignores the other partygoers & instead listens for updates from NIGHTWING in his Bluetooth earpiece, pretending its a pressing Wayne Enterprises business matter--

Miles away, Nightcrawler is breaking up a smuggling ring operating out of Gotham Harbor:

tumblr_n2swvsbVTg1tw30ooo1_r1_500.gif

At the gala, Bruce then sees former flame SELINA KYLE, and reconnects. He then catches up with longtime childhood friend and renowned brain surgeon THOMAS ELLIOT until he receives an alert from ALFRED PENNYWORTH about a child kidnapping from KILLER CROC.

34f5d5ad2b198e8ff0584e3eb780ad8c.jpg

BATMAN clashes against Croc—more savage & monstrous than when we saw him last in 2016's Suicide Squad—and rescues the boy.

Killer_Croc.jpg

After the confrontation, Batman is approached by KATANA who tells him an unknown intruder has used the Lazarus Pit and asks for his assistance in identifying them.
  • Katana is a former ally from Batman’s Outsiders team (a reference to Batman's '20 years in Gotham' mentioned in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) and has been embedded within the League of Assassins of the past 18 months doing recon. She still carries the Soultaker Sword.
f3ddfa2ba570db2d5c7258c6c52c165e8a5b4f0d.jpg

COMMISSIONER GORDON arrives with the police once Katana is gone to detain the unconscious Croc. As he and Batman review the crime scene, they notice the ransom is missing just as CATWOMAN (Selina Kyle) is making her escape.

tumblr_prnv2v2jYy1u5xmeyo2_400.gifv

Batman swings after Catwoman through Gotham City in pursuit of her until a MYSTERIOUS MASKED VILLAIN shoots his grapple line and he falls to the ground. He lands in Crime Alley, badly bloodied & bruised.

batman-broken-public-header.jpg

EPISODE II

BATMAN is barely conscious as CRIME ALLEY THUGS try to attack him. The suit's defense mechanisms hold them off long enough until the arrival of BATGIRL (spinning out from her own HBOMax Series) fights them off.

maxresdefault.jpg

Catwoman, the ransom still in hand, goes to help Batman but Batgirl intervenes & the two have a brief fight before Catwoman retreats again.

She goes directly to a secret rooftop greenhouse hideout where she delivers the ransom money to POISON IVY, who is controlling Catwoman through a hypnotic kiss.

HARLEY-QUINN-AND-POISON-IVY-VarCVR2_UL.jpg

Alfred summons Thomas Elliot to remove skull fragments from Bruce's brain after Batgirl and Nightwing stage a car crash involving playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne. As Bruce recovers over the next few days, he reconnects with Thomas (
  • Include FLASHBACK sequences of Tommy Elliot with YOUNG BRUCE WAYNE and his parents, THOMAS AND MARTHA WAYNE)
Batman dons a new improved costume (with a reinforced cowl) and drives to BLACKGATE PRISON to interrogate Killer Croc on the whereabouts of the money. AMANDA WALLER is on scene too, just in from Bell Reve to reclaim Croc for her Suicide Squad.

Unable to get answers, Batman eventually strikes a deal with Waller who allows Croc to escape so Batman can secretly track him to his boss / employer.

amanda_waller.jpg

Croc leads Batman to Poison Ivy's now-abandoned greenhouse. Catwoman is there, seeking retaliation against Ivy for her manipulation, but Croc attacks her instead. Batman intervenes & gains the upperhand, allowing Waller to capture the savage Croc and transport him to back to Belle Reve.

Alone on a Gotham City rooftop, Catwoman offers Batman information on her whereabouts of Ivy in exchange for a kiss and a tenuous romance blooms between the two:

bestbatcatstories-news-header-v1.jpg

EPISODE III

Batman and Catwoman head to METROPOLIS to track down follow Poison Ivy.

After arriving, Bruce Wayne goes to the Daily Planet to give CLARK KENT the heads up that he’s in town, and he sees LOIS LANE.

Batman-Superman-Daily-Planet-Image.jpg

Batman later breaks into LexCorp—which is in financial ruin after its CEO went to prison—to download information on a delivery list of an ethylene compound to further pinpoint Ivy's location.

Batman and Catwoman arrive at Ivy's new hideout only to find she has taken control of SUPERMAN, and tells him to kill them both (“We have to stop meeting like this, Clark!”):

Poison-Ivy-Threat-Ivy-Controls-Superman.jpg

During the fight, Batman observes that Superman is subconsciously resisting Ivy's influence & holding back on his attempts to kill them.

Using knuckledusters made from KRYPTONITE (which Superman gifted Batman after returning to life in Justice League), Batman stalls Superman while Catwoman lets Lois Lane fall from the Daily Planet building.

Of course, Superman is able to break free of Ivy's control and saves Lois.

3b813c11095821ce802f928cf4185a97a15c1cb1.jpg

Later, Batman, Superman, and Catwoman work together to capture Ivy who reveals that she was being manipulated by a mysterious foe called HUSH:

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5d4b624bd5e97f0009428eff%2F0x0.jpg

EPISODE IV

Back in Gotham City, Bruce Wayne goes finally goes on a date with Selina Kyle--who is unaware of the former's identity as Batman--much to the encouragement of Nightwing and Alfred.

134.jpg

The two, along with Thomas Elliot and his date, attend an opera when PUNCHLINE arrives and attempts to kill Bruce.

joker-80th-punchline-origin-story-1224029-1280x0.jpeg

Earlier, she was approached by Hush to attack the opera after kidnapping the JOKER.
  • Punchline is a social media influencer obsessed with the Clown Prince of Crime & the Joker’s latest squeeze after his split from Harley Quinn (Punchline will be a main adversary for Batgirl in her HBOMax series).
batman-hush3.jpg

At the Opera, Bruce & Selina separately sneak away to get into their respective costumes and fight against Punchline and her ARMED HENCHMEN. As Batman protects the patrons, Catwoman goes after Punchline but is crushed under stage lighting which allows the clown to escape.

batmanhush8.jpg

Batman runs out into rain after Punchline but instead finds the body of Thomas Elliot in the back alley, apparently shot dead by the Joker.

https://******************.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/jokerjimlee-750x400.jpg

An enraged Batman violently beats Joker despite his claims of innocence. It seems like he's going to finally kill him until he is stopped short by Commissioner Gordon who's just arrived on scene. He looks down at his bloody hands and then leaves the Joker to be arrested again & sent back to Arkham Asylum.

e6be558d2514e4380da604d31029601b2e66f2e6.gifv

Bruce later attends Thomas Elliot's funeral and then, once back in the cave, deduces that the Joker really is innocent, and someone else orchestrated the whole event--including Tommy's death. Batman realizes that Hush must know his secret identity...

11a717fac899c386d705d4d27bea6e90.jpg

EPISODE V

Batman and Nightwing are still no closer to catching Hush when they're alerted to a robber-in-progress being carried out by 'C-Lister' RIDDLER. While interrogating Riddler over his lack of riddles connected to the crime, Batman sees Hush and gives chase, but fails to catch him. Hush warms Batman that no one in his life is safe...

9F124295-5AC2-4A3E-A81E-3B12240DCC2E.jpeg

Batman asks Catwoman to leave Gotham so she doesn't fall victim to Hush which she of course refuses. He eventually decides to trust Catwoman and reveals his identity to her instead and invites her back to the BAT CAVE.

Hush-1024x342.jpg

Later, Batman investigates the office of Thomas Elliot and discovers one of his patients was someone called ARTHUR WYNNE who sought an operation for an inoperable brain tumor months ago.

Nightwing and Catwoman investigate a graveyard break-in and are attacked by the SCARECROW. Nightwing is overpowered by the fear toxin, but Catwoman defeats Scarecrow and gets Nightwing to safety. However, she is captured by Hush after Nightwing escapes.

Scarecrow-Jonathan-Crane-Batman-Hush-animated-movie.jpg

At Arkham Asylum, Batman interrogates Riddler who reveals that he has been Arthur Wynne as well as Hush.

hush-the-riddler-comic-book.jpg

• He had used a Lazarus Pit to cure himself of his brain tumor and during his time in the pit, he figured out Batman's identity as Bruce Wayne. Riddler then formed a plan involving several villains to destroy both the personal life and the crime-fighting career of Batman.
Batman deduces that Riddler is actually CLAYFACE mimicking his identity while the latter communicated via satellite.

clayface.jpg

EPISODE VI

Batman and Gordon work together to takedown Clayface in Arkham Asylum as the inmates, including Joker, root against them.

maxresdefault.jpg

After defeating Clayface, Batman deduces Riddler's location and the two engage in a final confrontation.

Batman-Hush-Riddler-Unmasked.jpg

Riddler is nearly killed but is saved by Batman’s grapple. When it becomes apparent the rope can’t hold both men, Catwoman makes the choice to cut it and allow Riddler to fall to his death...

In the aftermath, Batman and Catwoman decide to go their separate ways after a fierce disagreement over Batman's ethical code...

FULL SUPPORTING CAST PHOTO GALLERY

BAT FAMILY
Dick / Nightwing: Charles Melton
MV5BMTRmNjg5ODItMDY1NS00MmY4LTlmZDItNjYxNWRkZmQwYjY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTc5OTMwOTQ@._V1_.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth: Jeremy Irons
jeremy-irons-alfred-batman-v-superman.png

Selina Kyle / Catwoman: Elodie Yung
daredevil-season-2-elektra-530x254.jpg

Barbara Gordon / Batgirl: Kaitlyn Dever
Kaitlyn-Dever-Batgirl-DCEU-Casting.jpg

ADDITIONAL
Commissioner Gordon: J.K. Simmons
jk-simmons-featured.jpg

Thomas Elliot: Matt Damon
Ford-V.-Ferrari-Trailer-Le-Mans-Shelby-Movie-2019-Matt-Damon-Christian-Bale-car-race-760x334.jpg

Amanda Waller: Viola Davis
viola-davis-suicide-squad-e1554482806182.jpg

Katana: Karen Fukuhara
0090b0db099e3b921c2d6b1dbf6a53cc2bfb5407.jpg

METROPOLIS
Clark Kent / Superman: Henry Cavill
henry-cavill-superman-1.jpg

Lois Lane: Amy Adams
1458839725-movies-amy-adams-man-of-steel.jpg

VILLAINS
Riddler: Giovanni Ribisi
Sneaky-Pete-Amazon-700x336.jpg

Poison Ivy: Eiza González
eizagonzalez-babydriver-sassy.jpg

Joker: Jared Leto
Jared-Leto-Greg-Capullo-Joker-copy.jpg

Punchline: Emily Browning
Emily-Browning-in-God-Help-the-Girl.jpg

Scarecrow: Sharlto Copley
http://www.*****************.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sharlto-copley-district-9.jpg
Killer Croc: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
a62cbe834b667b3cb498199543d2944869e11d4876d72ad23121cd0e199664b40.jpg

Last edited:
With that Ray Fisher article out I do get the impression

WB really wants to distance and move on from Snyder,

I don't know what would need to be done to repair the relationship between Fisher & WB. And if they would want him to return as Cyborg in a new Snyderverse movie, or if Ray would even come back.

Both blaming the cancellation of New Gods on the Snyder Cut and the source today claiming some within the studio blame Zack for Ray's accusations also makes me think a sequel is unlikely.

Will there be sequel? It all depends on the real world table of 6.:o

Bruce Wayne at 2:21:45 mark of Justice League Snyder Cut: "This is the only way... There are 6 not 5. There is no us without him".

Table of 6=Justice League

Real World Justice League Table of 6 at WB with I suppose Walter Hamada being their Superman:
Ann: About a year ago, Walter, [Warner Bros. Pictures Group head] Toby Emmerich, me, [former WarnerMedia chairman] Bob Greenblatt, [former HBO Max content chief] Kevin Reilly, and [HBO Max original programming head] Sarah Aubrey sat around the table with Zack and greenlit the Snyder cut.

Table of 6: Table of 6:o

In other words, there is no DC movie without Walter Hamada.

Last edited:
Justice League scene riff:
Fans: He (WB) said he'll fight with us?
HBOMax : More or less.
Fans: More MORE or more LESS?
HBOMax: Probably more less.
HBOMax : He said no.
Fans: He said no.
WB: Walter Hamada is our Superman. We are the table of 6. We are the Justice League. We make make the movies. We call the shots.

That table does not show that ZSJL beat WW84 in terms of total viewers. WW84 debuted on Christmas, undoubtedly one of the biggest streaming days of the year. It could very easily have a smaller percentage but much larger viewer numbers.

Percentage of what is the unknown.

The caption near the end seems to indicate things haven't changed.

Both blaming the cancellation of New Gods on the Snyder Cut and the source today claiming some within the studio blame Zack for Ray's accusations also makes me think a sequel is unlikely.

It seems like convenient reasons for them to use.

Around 58 minutes in, Zack is asked about the #RestoreTheSnyderVerse movement. He says he's honored and never say never, but most likely it'll lead to nothing. I'm surprised to see him so blunt.

At least he is more of a realist about it.
And i guess at some point even Snyder gets tired of this all.

Since 2010(Snyder was hired 2010 right?) this goes on and he had to fight on a lot fronts, be it with the studio, against fans, critics etc.
More than 10 years...at one point when you have to fight over this long time, you can get tired.

And its not like he threw out movie after movie, 11 years in and 3 snyder DC movies are out(If we ignore where he was executive producer etc).
So i can see him at some point just be tired and wanting to move on.

At least he is more of a realist about it.
And i guess at some point even Snyder gets tired of this all.

Since 2010(Snyder was hired 2010 right?) this goes on and he had to fight on a lot fronts, be it with the studio, against fans, critics etc.
More than 10 years...at one point when you have to fight over this long time, you can get tired.

And its not like he threw out movie after movie, 11 years in and 3 snyder DC movies are out(If we ignore where he was executive producer etc).
So i can see him at some point just be tired and wanting to move on.
I thought it was clear that he wants to keep doing it lol

It's clearly the studio that is the roadblock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"