If MOS gets made and is a great film... Will people revisit SR and like/hate it more?

Discussion in 'Superman Sequels' started by \S/JcDc\S/, Jun 25, 2007.

1. griffolyon12

griffolyon12 Well-Known Member

I loved SR,and if the sequel is awful I think it might detract from my enjoyment of the original.Because I find it hard watching a movie with a sequel I didn't like and getting past the fact that I know what happens next in the story and I don't like it.Still regardless I believe in Singer and really think the sequel will be amazing.

2. FlawlessVictory

FlawlessVictory Well-Known Member

:yay:

3. Paste Pot Pete

Paste Pot Pete No, I build a rocket.

That's how I feel about the first two X-Men movies, unfortunately. The Last Stand almost completely ruined my enjoyment of them, which is a shame because it's no fault of Singer or his movies.

4. Lightning54SC

Lightning54SC Well-Known Member

im waiting for the edited verison before i make my mind up

5. bgshw44

bgshw44 Well-Known Member

\

same here

6. Robin91939

Robin91939 Master Tim

The answer to the topic of the thread really depends on this:

How much does Superman Returns add to The Man of Steel. Is the sequel able to stand well on its own or are the things set up in Superman Returns a lot of what gives its successor resonants and weight.

-R

7. blind_fury

blind_fury Well-Known Member

Sequels don't change my opinion of a previous film.

I enjoyed Attack of the Clones more than Phantom Menace but I still hate the Phantom Menace.

8. manofsteel4life

manofsteel4life Well-Known Member

i dont think a damn thing will change....people who loved it will love it more and people who hated it will still hate it. Things will change for the people who were soso about it

9. Steelsheen

Steelsheen Head Geek of Nerdtopia

folks will definitely revisit SR. depending on the story of MOS, it could change some perceptions on the previous film.

10. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

I won't change my opinion at all and I find the mere idea that it might laughable. It's a mediocre movie to me end of story.

I honestly think that it's impossible for Singer to make a great action adventure film, he's too bland.

11. mjbull23

mjbull23 Beyond Good and Evil

Irrespective of how strong or weak the Man of Steel turns out to be. It won't dampen my fondness for Returns. To me, it will always be a quality Superman film.

12. X Knight

X Knight Hope

for me, Singer would have to do something really drastic and unexpected in the sequel, something that would really change our peception of the story in SR, for me to like the 1st one.

For example, if Singer reveals the events of SR were not real, but some Braniac created altered reality. Or, revealing that Jason is not really Superman's son, but Zod's ( ala Donner's Action Comics storyline ).....

I know that that would really be pushing it.........and I doubt it would happen. But, that's really the only thing that would make me see SR in a different lite.

If the sequel carries the existing story forward.....then neither the original nor the sequel will interest me......no matter how much action the sequel has...

13. \S/JcDc\S/

\S/JcDc\S/ Well-Known Member

Interesting slightly related... A friend of mine saw SR in the theatre and didn't love it. He bought the DVD for the heck of it (he got it new for $6) and now says he's been watching it over and over. :confused: He attributes the length of the film and loud Superman fans as annoying him at screening last year.

14. Super Kal

Super Kal Proud Conservative

no matter how good or bad MOS does, I'm still going to dislike SR

15. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

i would be happy to get a good MOS:movie, but, it wouldn't change how i feel about SR, no
    i do hope it is a better movie that i can enjoy, and i look forward too when we start to here more about it (and if i start to hear things i don't like, then all hope is lost lol)

16. C. Lee

C. Lee I'm not old...I'm ancient

Stuff like that happens. Over the years there have been movies that I originally liked or disliked....and upon seeing them years later, my opinion on them changes.

17. griffolyon12

griffolyon12 Well-Known Member

Same here.

18. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

I don't know if people would want my opinion but there are two theories:

1) SR2 delievers and the SR-haters will go back and look at SR and go "hmm, you know what? Its not really a bad movie".

2) SR2 delievers, and the SR-haters will complain more and say "why in the hell would Singer not do that in SR?!"

19. Superknight

Superknight Super Soldier

I already hate MOS, and I've just seen the behind the scene pics. the new Suit is well.... in a word....**y. it stretches over and creates an outline of his "ahem", and is trying too hard to be the Earth 2 Superman's suit

20. jpharrah

jpharrah Superman Fan

I'm not that fussy over anything really when it comes to superman (yes as cheesy as they are i like superman 3 and 4) ive liked every adaptation of him on the big screen and on the small screen (smallville is probably my least favorite from season 4-10 season 1-3 i love so much) That said....

I think the more i see MOS the more I like it and see the errors of Superman Returns Although I still love it arguably as much as i love S:TM I just have a feeling I'll find it boring compared to MOS...MOS seems from what I gather will have more action and seems like it will reall explore that transition from Farmboy clark to Superman clark something we havent really had on the big screen ..

and after reading what MD had in mind for a sequel to SR Im glad its kind of done with... and feel it sort of ends the Donnerverse.