If rumors are true that Fox is only doing the 70s now, how exactly will that work?

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by Dasher10, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Dasher10

Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Okay, so that Fantastic Four are incredibly sci-fi and I can't see how they can exist in the 70s. That and if Johnny Storm is black, then how can a couple in the 50s have managed to adopt a black child when there were clearly laws against that back then. I mean, if the storms did it anyway, they would have been lynched.

Also, how will Domino fit into X-Force if Weapon X was founded in the late 70s? Clearly somebody who could not have possibly been born yet is already a grown woman. IMO, if the rumors are true that X-Men Apocalypse will completely abandon the previous roster of characters and they'll never return, then I've officially lost all faith in Fox.

2. Naji Assan

Naji Assan Well-Known Member

Both the FF and X-Men comic books ran in the 70s. Johnny being black and adopted is fine. You're thinking 1870s with the lynching stuff.

So far, the new franchise is shaping up nicely:

1962 - X-Men: First Class

Roster: Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, Havok, Banshee

Villains: Shaw, Frost, Riptide, Tempest, Azazel

1973 - Days of Future Past

Roster: Xavier, Wolverine, Magneto, Beast, Quicksilver, Havok (in military as possible prelude to X-Factor Investigations movie)

Villains: Sentinels, Trask, Mystique, Apocalypse prelude

1980s - X-Men: Apocalypse

Roster: Xavier, Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Quicksilver, Gambit? Dazzler? Psylocke?

Villains: Apocalypse, Four Horsemen?

3. Lord

Lord All Mighty

FF should be set in the 60s

4. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Well-Known Member

Since when do the Storms live in Alabama?

It might have been uncommon, but there were certainly white people adopting black children in the 1950's. Even before then, it was not unheard of.

5. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

It won't work, it'll suck

6. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Your kneejerk pessimism and hyperbole is amusing. Anyway back to the topic at hand. Just because they may stay in the FC timeline doesn't necessarily mean the 1970's. FC was set in the 60's and DOFP is set 10 years later. They may do another time skip and set Apocalypse in the 80's. Also, they may very well bring in younger versions of Cyclops, Jean, Storm, etc.

7. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

that's what I'm here for :cwink:

but hey, its not all my fault, 3 bad movies in a row followed by a disappointing end to the 4th got me to this point, I was conditioned.

For the record, I still put X2 in my top 5 all-time CBM's

8. Naji Assan

Naji Assan Well-Known Member

Its already working. The first movie in the new franchise, First Class got an 87% on rotten tomatoes. That's a grade higher than any Marvel Studios film in the last five years that isn't The Avengers.

Days of Future Past will carry the same quality of writing, direction and acting, as will X-Men: Apocalypse.

9. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

What rumors are these?

10. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

It could work if done well, but being set in the past decade like as if the X-Men should be set in the 70s or the previous decade, makes me feel iffy.