Smallville If Smallville finale would have had Welling in Superman costume...

BatmanVSuperman

Gothopolis
Reaction score
Would that have made the show more acceptable as a Superman story to the masses?

It seems like there is some anger from even hardcore fans over this aspect of the finale.

It probably would have made it more acceptable yeah.

I never realized there was such anger towards this show, I followed the show from start to finish an always enjoyed it

No.

It was slow moving, full of teen drama, and ashamed of its comic book heritage. The costumes were terrible, the effects were bad, the acting was bad. It has all the frustrating aspects of Arrow, but every problem they share is ten times worse on Smallville.

The suit copout at the end was just emblematic of what was wrong with ten seasons of the show.

No.

It was slow moving, full of teen drama, and ashamed of its comic book heritage. The costumes were terrible, the effects were bad, the acting was bad. It has all the frustrating aspects of Arrow, but every problem they share is ten times worse on Smallville.

The suit copout at the end was just emblematic of what was wrong with ten seasons of the show.

:up:

Do you mean would it have made the finale itself better? Because yes. Absolutely yes. No that nonsense cartoon suit he 'wore'.

The final shot was easily the best part.

I don't think anything would have been satisfying after dragging on for 10 seasons.

The show was great but Tom should've actually wore the suit but it wasn't bad at the end.

The problem was he didn't want to wear it.

For me the finale actually felt right in line with what Smallville was, it was like the ultimate tease and it worked fine for me. The shirt rip at the end was all I needed tbh so CGI Superman was abit like a bonus.

I never realized there was such anger towards this show, I followed the show from start to finish an always enjoyed it

Agreed, I think a lot of people are really unfair on the show. It's easy for people to say Arrow, Flash, etc are better but what they fail to acknowledge is Smallville tested the waters for those shows. They already tried things that did and didn't work so it was far easier for these future shows to know what and whatnot to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"