If You Appreciate the Book Can You Accept This Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JAK®;16503651 said:
The people excited for something based on what they enjoy aren't the unreasonable ones here, sorry.

I don't think anyone on either side is being "unreasonable".....it just seems, to me anyway, that people want to paint the other side as being irrational or unreasonable because it gives whatever side they are supporting ground....this isn't something where there is a clear right or wrong side....and I think painting it as such is immature....I don't support the film and feel I can reasonably debate why I don't, but I won't run down anyone that does, Ill just argue my point to the best of its ability....

JAK®;16503651 said:
The people excited for something based on what they enjoy aren't the unreasonable ones here, sorry.

But if they are destroy something that you enjoyed. shouldnt you be against it because you're a fan???

Guys I'm a dragonball fan.

I'm a street fighter fan

I'm a Gi Joe Jan

I'm a transformers Fan

I'm a terminator Fan..

I'm not watching any of those movie coming out this year. and for valid reasons.

Yet I have never seen a star-trek episode in my life. But I will be there to see the movie this year.

IS that messed up or what?

at least the movie has done something for people who hate the idea of the movie, raised awareness for the book...sales have gone way up since the movie trailers have came out.
Nah, most people who hate this movie are elitists who shudder at the thought of more people enjoying what they like. Why else would "the slow motion looks too cool" be a criticism?

I bet the Blu-Ray of this film will have an option to play the movie side-by-side with the comic panels flipping while the DVD gets next to nothing... it's happened before...

But if they are destroy something that you enjoyed. shouldnt you be against it because you're a fan???

I'm a street fighter fan

I'm a Gi Joe Jan

I'm a transformers Fan

I'm a terminator Fan..

I'm not watching any of those movie coming out this year. and for valid reasons.

Yet I have never seen a star-trek episode in my life. But I will be there to see the movie this year.

I'm with you on two of those....and yea, its a tiny bit messed up...you should take a look at some of the Star Trek forums around the net....some of the serious 'Trekkies' are ready to riot.....

I'm a fan of Dragonball, but I don't plan on seeing Dragonball Evolution.

But the point is, they haven't destroyed Watchmen.

This is why I dislike fanboys yet consider myself one of them...
We have the normals, the elitist and the crazies...
The crazies can never be pleased even if they get exactly what they want... this is because they themselves don't know what they want...

I'm a street fighter fan

I'm a Gi Joe Jan

I'm a transformers Fan

I'm a terminator Fan..

I'm sorry chosen1 but as cliche and assnine as this statement is...it's also the truth which is why it's used so much..."You need to get a life or get a grip and growup".

You have the full and respected right to not want to see this movie or any of those others you listed because you think they are going to fail. But, that first line in your post says it all.

I've been so sick and tired of the immature fanboy crying attitude where exaggerated statements like that are constantly thrown out. How are any of these films/sequels "destroying something you love"???

They're not! It's typical irrational and immature fanboy/uber nerd crying. I'm sorry you have the right to hate on them all you want but they are in no way destroying the original works. That's the great thing about life you can CHOOSE not to see them, you can CHOOSE to IGNORE them.

Only if the studio's or creator of those films actually destroyed all copies and people were only left with the "crappy" sequels then you can technically say they destroyed something you love.

Until that day though, grow up and stop being so melodramatic by exaggerating things like it's the end of the world.

the dragon ball movie is about as far away from the source material as you could get, bad example. Goku wasn't that old until the very end of dragon ball, and king piccolo has antenna and goku never went to school, c'mon the watchmen movie is a lot more faithful to it's source than dragon ball.

Oh and I havent backed up my opinions.. right...

Exactly.

When JAK said: "...the book relies on its visual narrative to convey its message. Like the first few pages of Issue 12 for example."

You replied: "Wrong Wrong!"

the dragon ball movie is about as far away from the source material as you could get, bad example. Goku wasn't that old until the very end of dragon ball, and king piccolo has antenna and goku never went to school, c'mon the watchmen movie is a lot more faithful to it's source than dragon ball.
Its not even so much the unfaithfulness, but the fact that these changes exist to make the film as cookie-cutter as possible.

Do we need another "awkward teenager becomes great hero" story?

Exactly.

When JAK said: "...the book relies on its visual narrative to convey its message. Like the first few pages of Issue 12 for example."

You replied: "Wrong Wrong!"
I'm pretty sure every word that comes out of his mouth is "wrong wrong". Its kind of like Pokemon, but instead of repeating his name he just repeats the value of his opinions.

I'm sorry chosen1 but as cliche and assnine as this statement is...it's also the truth which is why it's used so much..."You need to get a life or get a grip and growup".

You have the full and respected right to not want to see this movie or any of those others you listed because you think they are going to fail. But, that first line in your post says it all.

I've been so sick and tired of the immature fanboy crying attitude where exaggerated statements like that are constantly thrown out. How are any of these films/sequels "destroying something you love"???

They're not! It's typical irrational and immature fanboy/uber nerd crying. I'm sorry you have the right to hate on them all you want but they are in no way destroying the original works. That's the great thing about life you can CHOOSE not to see them, you can CHOOSE to IGNORE them.

Only if the studio's or creator of those films actually destroyed all copies and people were only left with the "crappy" sequels then you can technically say they destroyed something you love.

Until that day though, grow up and stop being so melodramatic by exaggerating things like it's the end of the world.

I"m sorry but You are absolutely wrong. I cannot CHOOSE to ignore them. This is what Hollywood is good at. getting u to think a particular kind of way. No matter how hard I try not to when I'm watching the Orignial Trilogy of Starwars The prequels pop into my head. Hayden Christenson whatever his name is pops into my brain. So I'm sorry it destroy MY starwars.

I"m sorry but You are absolutely wrong. I cannot CHOOSE to ignore them. This is what Hollywood is good at. getting u to think a particular kind of way. No matter how hard I try not to when I'm watching the Orignial Trilogy of Starwars The prequels pop into my head. Hayden Christenson whatever his name is pops into my brain. So I'm sorry it destroy MY starwars.
You have devolved from a whiney fan into a wacko conspiracy theorist.

hmmmm. Ozymandias was wearing bright colors. Silk spectre looks like a dominatrix. Scene in the rain at Veidt corp is with Nite OWl and Ozy in the movie. Not Ozzy and Roarschach like in the novel. Capt metropolis has been cut out of the Crimbusters as the recruiter. Nite Owls costume looks like something from the year 3010 . I can keep going if u like?

Who is forcing you to watch the online material? Who is forcing you to come online onto a FILM board and discuss the FILM?

hmmmm. Ozymandias was wearing bright colors. Silk spectre looks like a dominatrix. Scene in the rain at Veidt corp is with Nite OWl and Ozy in the movie. Not Ozzy and Roarschach like in the novel. Capt metropolis has been cut out of the Crimbusters as the recruiter. Nite Owls costume looks like something from the year 3010 . I can keep going if u like?
Oh please, do go on.

Why would you care about any of that if you aren't going to watch it?

you named 1 scene that was changed, dan/veidt/rorshach that still has the same effect it had in the book and the rest is cosmetic. dan is still impotent, rorshach is still a psychopath, manhattan still experiences time at once and is detached from humanity.

you named 1 scene that was changed, dan/veidt/rorshach that still has the same effect it had in the book and the rest is cosmetic.
Funny how his complaint is that the movie is too visual, yet the majority of his complaints are due to some things looking wrong.

All changes that work for the better for the movie's sake. After all, I want to see a good movie.

JAK®;16503794 said:
Funny how his complaint is that the movie is too visual, yet the majority of his complaints are due to some things looking wrong.
edited my post, i went into more detail. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"