If you Don't like the movie - POST HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vindication said:
Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Rothman and even Patrick Stewart all said this was the BEST FILM of all the three. They shouted this from the mountaintops constantly for the past six month. All had called this an EPIC film and the film THEY WANTED all along... geezus this is a shame.
That's called promoting. Of course when you're doing a new movie you don't go saying "This is the ****tiest thing I've ever done! But I have to do it 'cause I'm obligated and they still pay me ****load of money!". Yes, it is really a shame. Terribly shame.

Rac said:
Of course when you're doing a new movie you don't go saying "This is the ****tiest thing I've ever done! But I have to do it 'cause I'm obligated and they still pay me ****load of money!"

Unless you're Robin Williams. He's done that. Twice.
icon_lol.gif

I've never had a problem with X2 remaining the best of the franchise.

To be perfectly honest, walking out of X2, I always felt that no X-Men 3 would surpass it.

I admit, I got caught up in the hype, when the 2nd trailer was released. I felt that from what the trailer showed, the movie would have the same drama and emotion of X2, but the action was going to be through the roof.

However, seeing some clips (Jackman's Leno clip, Janssen's Kimmel clip, and the 7 minute clip), as much as I enjoyed them, my hopes went down a little bit. I realized that the movie WASN'T going to be on the same level in terms of drama, and therefore, wouldn't be as good a film.

In my opinion, action is only good when there's good drama to back it up. I like action films with depth.

Now I still think this film will have a good sense of emotion, just not the way that Bryan Singer did it. And this film will be through the roof in terms of action, and fan goodies.

Overall, I think in the end, X2 will be the superior movie. That will be the best installment of the trilogy for all time. But I think that X-Men 3 will offer something that X2 didn't, with it's balls to the wall action. So in a way, they will both be about equal, because they will both deliver something that the other didn't.

I will think that X2 is the superior film in terms of smart filmmaking, however, and therefore, remain the better of the franchise.

But I don't think that's a bad thing.

Stormyprecious said:
X3 is definitely not as 'good' as X2, it's vastly superior, which wouldn't take much.

The Last Stand confirmed what I've thought for a while now, Singer is a talentless hack that butchered this franchise.

lol...

You obviously don't know much about the X-Men then.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
lol...

You obviously don't know much about the X-Men then.

lol

I obviously know alot about them, hence why I hated those bland, thin as tissue paper pieces of **** which aren't X-Men movies, rather bad (to be very generous) episodes of the Wolverine show guest starring horribly adaption versions of the X-Men; of course if it were true that I didn't know much about them, I'd have something in common with Singer.:)

lol Was my reaction to someone that loves X2 talking about how much he loves depth in action films by the way.;)

In order for a film to have depth for me, I need to give a **** about the characters. A movie that wasted an obscene amount of time on one character (and still royally ****ing him up) while loading the film with generic, and almost non-existent (and several butchered) characterizations when it's supposed to be a film about a team isn't exactly my idea of an action film with depth.

Bishop2 said:
Unless you're Robin Williams. He's done that. Twice.
icon_lol.gif
Haha, what movies he has bashed?

Hmmm .... X3 huh? Going to watch it, enjoy it then move on with my life because in all reality the quality of the movie with not effect any of my circumstances in the slightest bit. :)

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Not my first no :O

If Batman can come back relatively quickly after Batman & Robin, I would say anything is possible. I expect X-Men films to get made/remade one day as long as X3 makes enough money. It might take 20 years or more but Hollywood is too unoriginal to not consider it.

Batman Begins came out so "quickly" because the 4 Batman movies that were made are considered to be a load of garbage, especially the last one.

They were awful, horrible movies, about one of the most beloved comic book characters ever.

Superhero movies are at their peak right now, thanks to films like X-Men and Spiderman, and so WB capitolized, with a serious take on Batman... the serious tone of comic book movies being established by X-Men and Spiderman.

THAT'S why.

The X-Men movies are very successful, and held in very high regard. There's no need for a reboot.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
Batman Begins came out so "quickly" because the 4 Batman movies that were made are considered to be a load of garbage, especially the last one.

They were awful, horrible movies, about one of the most beloved comic book characters ever.

Superhero movies are at their peak right now, thanks to films like X-Men and Spiderman, and so WB capitolized, with a serious take on Batman... the serious tone of comic book movies being established by X-Men and Spiderman.

THAT'S why.

The X-Men movies are very successful, and held in very high regard. There's no need for a reboot.

I agree there is no need for a reboot and the X-Men films are as you say very highly regarded.

I am just being greedy in that I would love to see how Marvel would treat the franchise, possibly in connection with a different studio. I am looking for any excuse for more X-Men films (especially ones where Cyclops can survive to lead the team) and I am unsure how effectively this "trilogy" could be extended.

No reboot for me. :down I like em fine just where they are. Just continue making sequels and learning from their mistakes.

Bishop2 said:
Yeah.

So?

I could go on at length once again about my problems with X2, but they extend far, far beyond anything about Cyke.
Another example of an X3/Wolverine advocate trying to dismiss the opinions of a Cyclops fan.

I uh, I see you have a picture of Cyclops in your avatar... = Only a Cyclops fan would verbalize such blasphemous statements about sheer cinematic perfection! :rolleyes:

Stormyprecious said:
X3 is definitely not as 'good' as X2, it's vastly superior, which wouldn't take much.

The Last Stand confirmed what I've thought for a while now, Singer is a talentless hack that butchered this franchise.

Oh please! If it wasn't for Bryan Singer it wouldn't even be a franchise!

In fact, judging by the lower standards in both the writing and directing, it only highlights that should they make an X4 (which I'm sure they will), that it should only be done by Singer and crew from X2.

Octoberist said:
Because Lucas finally learned his lesson after the two other prequels. He's a hardheaded filmmaker. Even so, Episode III doesn't even touch any of the originals (including Jedi)

That's because there was no chemistry between the cast. Ewan McGreggor was great as Obi-Wan, but you never believed that Anakin and Obi-Wan were really friends, the way Luke and Han were. So when Anakin falls, it loses some the dramatic effect.

MsNatchios said:
Another example of an X3/Wolverine advocate trying to dismiss the opinions of a Cyclops fan.

I uh, I see you have a picture of Cyclops in your avatar... = Only a Cyclops fan would verbalize such blasphemous statements about sheer cinematic perfection! :rolleyes:
Why does every single thread turn into a Cyclops war??? I am pissed that he is gone to but I am getting tired of hearing all the moaning and groaning about his death. Sorry but we cannot change that. Accept it as an innevetability and be happy when you go watch the movie.

At first I was mad, but then I realized how stupid I was being about Cyclops.

X1=Wolverine was the star
X2=Wolverine was the star
X3=Out of no where Cyclops will be step up and save Jean? According to X1 and X2, which you guys loved, Wolverine will be the star.

It is just following the films, the film-verse is obviously different.

Rac said:
sidkumar, I agree with you in every point! Well, not in Beast. I think he kinda sucked. Angel was completely wasted. Cure plot was useless.

I thought Kelsey's casting was spot on, but like everything else in the movie his own personal feelings about his mutations wern't explored.

He kinda reminds me of the Ben Grimm in the F4 movie. Great casting with Chiklis but the writing of the character was terrible.

Sorry but X2 was not perfect.
It was good but there was not enough special effects for a long movie.
Even if it has a lot of great scenes (Diablo is my favorite, Jean Grey at the end, Jean Grey vs Scott Summers, Deathstrike vs Wolverine, Pyro vs cops).
This one is the best in terms of special effects and emotions. I think it is the most important in the movies. I really like X1 also, because there is no waste of time as in X3 (almost same time screening).
Now you can prefer X2 ok, but don't say X3 is not as good, it is not fair.
It is really a big movie.
Brett Ratner wins in the fact that he deals with all the characters and give them some things to do (not just showing us 2 seconds of new mutants in order to say I introduced Kitty and Colossus and Syren as in X2). Some people say we haven't seen enough of Calisto, Psylocke or Colossus, but we see them more than the just like cameos in X2.

I would add that Wolverine is not the star in X3.

The stars in X3 are : Magneto, Jean Grey, Beast, Wolverine, Storm, Kitty and Iceman.

PWN3R RANGER said:
At first I was mad, but then I realized how stupid I was being about Cyclops.

X1=Wolverine was the star
X2=Wolverine was the star
X3=Out of no where Cyclops will be step up and save Jean? According to X1 and X2, which you guys loved, Wolverine will be the star.

It is just following the films, the film-verse is obviously different.

Well, that is what they did with Storm.

Don't be jalous. Storm is a real good one here. I mean they have all great screen times. Cyclops (i really like him in comics) is not really a super character. Singer did not give him a leader role as he should have in the previous Xmen. Moreover, Marsden is not a good actor. I almost forget he was part of the trilogy. In X2, he just fight with Deathstrike few seconds, then we see him losing Jean Grey. He had a lack of screen time in X2, but nobody blamed Singer...

Singer and Ratner made this trilogy really an intelligent and astonishing one. Thanks a lot for that, gentlemen.

EmmaFrostRules said:
dude shut up and stop being negative. people haven seen it yet, and they dont want to go in with a bias attitude, so please. just dont post your negative thoughts just yet

I sincerely doubt that you were forced to enter this thread at gunpoint, so I don't see why you're so upset...

Cyclops said:
I sincerely doubt that you were forced to enter this thread at gunpoint, so I don't see why you're so upset...
i was imeanthereisnogunat my head help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"