If you were in charge of DC OYL....

The Batman said:
The Sinestro corps is basically Sinestro giving the most vile, evil people in the universe a yellow power ring and telling them to cause anarchy and fear across the galaxy.

That don't seem right to me. It doesn't seem like Sinestro. Sinestro believes whole heartedly that what he does is rightious. He doesn't create chaos. He creates order. But his order. Inslaving planets and the like. He believes that people cannot be good and peaceful on their own, and they need a strong hand to force order upon them. That's why he was expelled from the corps. He crossed the line between peacekeeper and dictator. I'd think that a Sinestro corps should be like a vigilante group to the Green Lantern Corps' police force. They undertake the extreme measures that they feel are necessairy to insure order.

The Batman said:
And with Parallax, it's about the Yellow Bug infecting someone and turning them into a power hungry being. Also, i felt the DCU needed more galatic characters like Marvel...

I really hated the yellow fear demon. Completely destroyed a great chance for a character arc with Hal trying to regain everyone's trust. I'd rather see someone who was a fan of Hal while we he was Paralax trying to do what he did.

Teen Titans

*Two Titan teams: Titans West and Titans East.

*Titans West(Main Team): Robin, Supernova(Connor), Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Stargirl, Ravager, Speedy, Static.

*Titans East: CM3, Batgirl, Aquagirl, Hawk & Dove, Connor Hawke, Empress, Kid Devil, Bumblebee

*After helping the Big Three save the universe, Connor becomes Supernova, and his TK improve greatly. He's stuck in a love triangle between Cassie and Batgirl.

*After training with Richard Dragon, Robin's back and more focused than ever. He's still the same Tim, but some of his Batman like behaviors starts worrying the team.

*Bart would gain back some of the sillyness he had in YJ and his solo book. Johns has made Bart TOO serious. I'd show his long time crush on Ravager grow slowly into love.

*There's friendly competition between the west and east titans.

*Mainly, both books deal with being Teens growing up with powers. To be honest, i dont think the johns run has captured that like YJ did.

*I'd also introduce new villains. In fact, I wouldnt use Deathstroke or Trigon in a storyline for at least a year.

That don't seem right to me. It doesn't seem like Sinestro. Sinestro believes whole heartedly that what he does is rightious. He doesn't create chaos. He creates order. But his order. Inslaving planets and the like. He believes that people cannot be good and peaceful on their own, and they need a strong hand to force order upon them. That's why he was expelled from the corps. He crossed the line between peacekeeper and dictator. I'd think that a Sinestro corps should be like a vigilante group to the Green Lantern Corps' police force. They undertake the extreme measures that they feel are necessairy to insure order.

I think that while his character was all about that at first, most versions have now portrayed him as wanting revenge against the GL Corps.

The Batman said:
Teen Titans

*Two Titan teams: Titans West and Titans East.

*Titans West(Main Team): Robin, Supernova(Connor), Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Stargirl, Ravager, Speedy, Static.

*Titans East: CM3, Batgirl, Aquagirl, Hawk & Dove, Connor Hawke, Empress, Kid Devil, Bumblebee

*After helping the Big Three save the universe, Connor becomes Supernova, and his TK improve greatly. He's stuck in a love triangle between Cassie and Batgirl.

*After training with Richard Dragon, Robin's back and more focused than ever. He's still the same Tim, but some of his Batman like behaviors starts worrying the team.

*Bart would gain back some of the sillyness he had in YJ and his solo book. Johns has made Bart TOO serious. I'd show his long time crush on Ravager grow slowly into love.

*There's friendly competition between the west and east titans.

*Mainly, both books deal with being Teens growing up with powers. To be honest, i dont think the johns run has captured that like YJ did.

*I'd also introduce new villains. In fact, I wouldnt use Deathstroke or Trigon in a storyline for at least a year.

For once, we're in complete agreement. Also, if Deathstroke was to be used, I'd suggest actually writing him well. Slade is supposed to be like a masterless samurai. He kills and does other very naught things, but he has a strong sense of honor and morality. Johns writes him as a sadistic ******* who'd kill a baby if you payed him ten bucks.

The Batman said:
I think that while his character was all about that at first, most versions have now portrayed him as wanting revenge against the GL Corps.

Very true. Still, I don;t see why you can't do both. What better revenge than procing that they're way is wrong and his is right?

The Batman, you are the man....I whole heartedly agree with mostly all you said. Keep it up mate....The back and forth between you and The Question provides for an awesome read.

why thanks....if you have any ideas yourself, please share them. I'd like to see what other people would do with the DCU if they had a chance to propel them a year forward

JLA

*After a year, Superman and Martian Manhunter decide to reform the Justice League.

Roster: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Zatanna, Cyborg. This is the initial lineup.

*This book would probably be the biggest and most important book the DC line has. Every DC fan should be reading this book. It'd have the big action of Grant Morrison's JLA, as well some character moments too.

*The JLA is often at odds with the new Global Guardians and Checkmate.

*The HQ would be like the one on JLU: A merger between the watchtower and the satellite.

*I probably wouldnt use the White Martians for awhile. Instead, villains like Despero, Dr. Light, Dr. Destiny, Eclipso, Starbreaker, and Grey Man will be brought back.

*THere'd be a JLA/JSA teamup once a year. What can I say, I'm a sucker for tradition.

The Batman said:
*Birthright and MOS take too many liberites. Birthright had the aura reading Superman who was a vegetarian. MOS had a Superman that completely rejected krypton and had some crappy birthing matrix crap.

While I don't like the vegetarian aspect, the aura reading part was a nice touch. It gave Superman a more empathic ability and brings more to how even a god-like deals with pain. Check out the second chapter of Elliott Maggin's Miracle Monday. You'll see what I mean.

The Batman said:
JLA

*After a year, Superman and Martian Manhunter decide to reform the Justice League.

Roster: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Zatanna, Cyborg. This is the initial lineup.

Not bad. Still, I'd personally keep the street level heroes like Batman, Green Arrow, and Black Canary out of it. I think it would be more interesting to have Batman go off on his own and join up with the new Outsiders.

The Batman said:
*This book would probably be the biggest and most important book the DC line has. Every DC fan should be reading this book. It'd have the big action of Grant Morrison's JLA, as well some character moments too.

No complaints there.

The Batman said:
*The JLA is often at odds with the new Global Guardians and Checkmate.

How so? The Global Gaurdians are an international team. That mean the League is going to be more U.S. government sponsored? Or what?

The Batman said:
*I probably wouldnt use the White Martians for awhile. Instead, villains like Despero, Dr. Light, Dr. Destiny, Eclipso, Starbreaker, and Grey Man will be brought back.

Good ideas all around. Personally, I'd try and come up with new threats myself.

The Batman said:
*THere'd be a JLA/JSA teamup once a year. What can I say, I'm a sucker for tradition.

Actually, I'd combine the two teams. I'd have Wildcat, Hawkman, Alan Scott, and Jay Garrick serve as sort of trainers to the new recruits.

Anyway, here are my ideas for Batman OYL:

1. Bane, after killing his father, has taken control of the Purple Dragons, and has proceeded to take control of the hispanic and asian street gangs in Gotham, converting them into a working crime syndicate.

2. Tim has started acting more and more like Bruce, which is disturbing his friends.

3. Harvey has become a defense atounry, seeing as how all the murders make it impossible to regain his license to practice law as a prosicutor, even though it was due to a mental breakdown. He has rekindled his romance with Gilda.

4. Tim and Cassie are an item. Not as much boyfriend and girlfriend as they are "**** buddies".

5. The Joker, Mr. Zsasz, and The Scarecrow have joined forces, forming a gang from the homeless, disenfranchized, and psychotic in Gotham.

6. Harley has become pregnant by The Joker, and thus The Joker has become insanely over protective of her.

7. The resident crime lords of Gotham, The Penguin, Black Mask, Bane, and Scarface, see The Joker's gang as a threat to their buisness and to the safety of Gotham. Since the police can't do anything about it, they decide to deal with it personally. Black Mask sums it up with "We may be sucking the life out of Gotham for our own gain, but it's still our home. Nobody ****s with it."

8. A new serial killer has hit the streets. He or she is targeting criminals who have gotten off in court. And, his or her M.O. is exactly like Two Face's. Flips a coin. If it's heads, the victim lives. If it's tails, they get two shots in the head from a 22. hand gun. The only catch? For half of the killings, Harvey Dent has perfectly resonable alibies.

The Question said:
Anyway, here are my ideas for Batman OYL:

1. Bane, after killing his father, has taken control of the Purple Dragons, and has proceeded to take control of the hispanic and asian street gangs in Gotham, converting them into a working crime syndicate..
1. I thought Bane was dead and 2. I thought the Purple dragons was just in TMNT?

1. Oh crap.

2. I thought that was the name of King Snake's gang in DC.

Bane's father. He's a british crime boss. Bane killed him.

The Question said:
Bane's father. He's a british crime boss. Bane killed him for abandoning him.
Wait im confused now I thought banes dad was dead to thats why he was in prison because his father died so he had to take his place?At least thats what it said in batman knightfall. Unless there were more stories they added to it or DC retconned it.

His father wasn't dead. He simply abandoned Bane.

By running away. He left Bane to rot in fail for his crimes.

The Question said:
By running away. He left Bane to rot in fail for his crimes.
Hmm I didn't know this Bane must have been pissed when he found out.

It was in the Hymilayas I think. The two fought for a bit, and in the end Bane threw him off the mountain into a big cavern.

The Question said:
It was in the Hymilayas I think. The two fought for a bit, and in the end Bane threw him off the mountain into a big cavern.
:confused: Thats it if I know comic books that doesn't always mean dead did bane or bats check to make sure he was dead.

No. But he fell of one of the tallest mountain ranges on the planet. If he comes back, it would have to be because of something like the Lazerous pits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"