Illumination's Super Mario movie

Didn't think much of the trailer unfortunately but I guess I am not the target audience.

Wow this week I learned about the Try Guys (thanks SNL) and YouTube Poop. Big week for me.

It’ll be interesting to see how much merch they’ll have for this. I mean there’s always tons of super Mario merch and I’m sure they’re ready with their own movie stuff

It’ll be interesting to see how much merch they’ll have for this. I mean there’s always tons of super Mario merch and I’m sure they’re ready with their own movie stuff

Nintendo's probably got a whole assembly line of products ready to tie in with the movie. Not to mention the merchandise they already have just through association with the games.

But I want to see Toad hats explode in popularity.

That's about two musical numbers we'll have in this movie now. Hope it pays off.

I actually can’t wait, I think that sounds really fun. Sort of gives me paper Mario vibes for some reason

Yoshi will probably have an Asian voice actor. That’s my guess at least.

You guys are all wrong.

The post credits scene will clearly set up Tatanga's pursuit for a princess named Daisy.

We will. The movie figures and some McDonald's happy meal toys were leaked online about a week or so ago until Universal had the pictures taken down.

Did not expect the Rabbid characters to get voice acting in the Mario + Rabbids game. Also did not expect Rabbid Mario to have a better Mario voice than Chris Pratt.

I'll say this: this is the best animation Illumination has done to date. And i'm placing that fully on Nintendo micromanaging them.

I also think its telling that when they give the Bad Guy the most screen time in the trailer that its pretty clear who is going to be doing the heavy lifting in the movie.

Jack Black was always going to be the showstealer for this movie. No way in hell is Chris Pratt phoning it with a half-baked Brooklyn accent in his normal voice going to do that. :funny:

I think Keegan as toad will also be a scene stealer. I wonder if Anya will do a voice? Imagine if she did a full Tara strong as Harley Quinn type voice for Peach

I think Keegan as toad will also be a scene stealer. I wonder if Anya will do a voice? Imagine if she did a full Tara strong as Harley Quinn type voice for Peach

Not sure what she has planned for Peach. Anya Taylor-Joy is super-talented, so I'm game for her in the role. I think she can do a bit more than make her like this dainty princess type who reacts like this when she meets Boswer Jr.:

That said I don't want her to do some NEW YAHWKER-type accent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"