The Wolverine "I'm all alone here." More evidence Cyclops may be alive?

tnr105

Civilian
Reaction score
Ever since Last Stand people have been speculating, since we never saw a body. Since Jean's apparently alone in the afterlife...kinda surprising that Scott isn't there with her. Even if Logan was simply hallucinating yet again that last time; due to the near death experience, you think he'd find solace in knowing she was in a better place and with someone who loved her.

I understand from the thematic viewpoint it was about Logan/Jean and him having to reconcile what happened and let her go...but it's interesting to think about. It was rumored for a while that Marsden was seen on a plane with Halle Berry when she flew out for filming. You'd think he'd be at comic con, but we only just recently heard about Havok being in Days of Future Past. It would be neat to see him have a cameo of some sort, maybe even interacting with his brother. (Alex is probably the older sibling in the movies, but still it'd be a nice dynamic to explore.)

I took Jean in The Wolverine to be a product of his own troubled mind. Apart from her acting like Dark Phoenix for much of her appearance, I found much of what she had to say feeling like it was what Logan wanted to hear.

Until X3 where she came back as Dark Phoenix and killed Cyclops (seemingly), she had didn't show much sign of leaving Cyclops. It could be argued that Jean Grey in The Wolverine is largely inconsistent with her past portrayal (unless you want to really believe she is Dark Phoenix).

I didn't think that was really Jean either. It was kind of like in the Walking Dead comics, when Rick is always talking on the phone to Lori. There's no one there, but he pretends he's talking to her and hearing the things he thinks she would be saying back to him.

I think that Scott dying offscreen actually presents a great opportunity for Singer to retcon X3 biggest (but certainly not only) screw up. Say that Bishop arrived and saved Scott, or that Jean actually sent him into the future, etc. The possibilities are there.

Jean was a figment of his imagination. A manifestation of his guilt. All of her dialogue was simply his words being projected through her visage.

The "White Hot Room" was simply a nod to the comics. He was metaphorically letting her go so he could move on with his life.

Whatever they do with Scott in the next movies (and I don't think they're just going to forget about the character completely) it won't rely on anything they showed in TW. That would ruin the single serving symbolism present here.

I think that Scott dying offscreen actually presents a great opportunity for Singer to retcon X3 biggest (but certainly not only) screw up. Say that Bishop arrived and saved Scott, or that Jean actually sent him into the future, etc. The possibilities are there.

There may be possibilities there, but not those two. Those two are silly. No offense.

I don't think that was Jean. I always assumed it was all in Logan's head.

First, Jean acted out of character. Her and Logan were never that intimate when she was alive. It seemed like the scenario Logan always wanted to be in with Jean.

Second, she says stuff like "Everybody around you dies" and smiles while at it.

Third, Logan only sees her when he is dreaming. When he finds a purpose to live again, his dreams about Jean go away.

Not only when dreaming. He saw her when he was on the balcony at the love hotel.

Dreaming, on the verge of passing out.. same thing thematically. It was a hallucination.

EDIT: Nevermind, he got it

Mr. Sinister has had Scott hog-tied in his basement for all these years while he conducts his experiments.

Actually her 4 scenes MAYBE are in Logan's head,but her last scene when she is in all white and Logan is near death she IS Jean and talking like Jean.
The "I'm all alone here" quote can help Singer to bring Cyclops back.

Who knows if they brought back Cyclops in a X-Men 5 movie (after DOFP), Jean will be back in ghost/hallucination form like she was in The Wolverine but this time, instead of appearing in Wolverine's head, she'll be appearing in Cyclops's head. Then after that, they'll bring her back in life in the next movie.

Not once did my wife, two kids, Mom and Dad or I think she was anything other than a figment of Logan's mind.

Actually her 4 scenes MAYBE are in Logan's head,but her last scene when she is in all white and Logan is near death she IS Jean and talking like Jean.
The "I'm all alone here" quote can help Singer to bring Cyclops back.

If she were Jean, she probably wouldn't be trying to spend eternity with Logan, seeing as Jean was pretty in love with Scott.

It was still in Logan's head, but it was his mind finally letting go.

If she were Jean, she probably wouldn't be trying to spend eternity with Logan, seeing as Jean was pretty in love with Scott.

It was still in Logan's head, but it was his mind finally letting go.

Yes definitely :up: it was in his head, it was his guilt and feelings fr Jean that created the manifestations

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"