I'm Reading Your Stuff: General News and Discussion Thread

According to Daniel Richtman, apparently…

I’d assumed Farrell would be back and very much wanted that. I want room for a full new villain though, not sure how big a role Riddler would have if he returned.

I’d have to imagine Riddler in a similar sized role to what Cillian Murphy had in BB’s sequels. Maybe just slightly larger.

I’d have to imagine Riddler in a similar sized role to what Cillian Murphy had in BB’s sequels. Maybe just slightly larger.
In that case he’d be enriching the background which I’d be very happy with. As long as there’s room for the main new villain these supporting villainous characters can all enhance the film.

Daniel Richtman is extremely hit and miss, especially with his Patreon scoops.
I can go either way on whether or not I buy it. I could see Dano giving a cameo, but I could also see Reeves holding off on the character for the time being.

According to Daniel Richtman, apparently…

As much as I loved Farrell as Oswald, I'd rather be seeing more of Kravitz as Selina. Catwoman's adventures in Bludhaven and beyond sounds more interesting to me right now than The Penguin (which I'm still looking forward to).

I am curious about Catwoman. I can’t imagine ending the first film with her leaving only to immediately pick up Part II with “Well, I’m back again.”

I know there were rumors of her own series project, but we haven’t heard anything since. Considering she’s got a couple half-siblings on The Penguin, it seems possible to me that she does a surprise drop-in there at some point.

I'd bet on her being back on the sequel. It's really obvious.

I'd bet on her being back on the sequel. It's really obvious.
Well yeah, I’m mainly talking context.

It can’t just be Selina wandering back in after the first ten minutes and going “Well Bludhaven was fun, but I’m back now.”

I suspect it's just set dressing. Doubt it ever comes up at all.

I suspect it's just set dressing. Doubt it ever comes up at all.

Hard to say IMO. A subplot around missing scientists does seem at odds with a story focusing on a mob war caused by a recent power vacuum, but then again, a great number of set pieces for The Batman were in fact teases for plot details for the final film (Mayor Mitchell's corruption, climate change leading to Gotham City having flooding issues, the Drops epidemic, the Riddler's secret base of followers).

The set dressings that never went anywhere were stuff like GothCorp or the teases to Superman or Wonder Woman.

Hard to say IMO. A subplot around missing scientists does seem at odds with a story focusing on a mob war caused by a recent power vacuum, but then again, a great number of set pieces for The Batman were in fact teases for plot details for the final film (Mayor Mitchell's corruption, climate change leading to Gotham City having flooding issues, the Drops epidemic, the Riddler's secret base of followers).

The set dressings that never went anywhere were stuff like GothCorp or the teases to Superman or Wonder Woman.
I don't think it's a subplot. I liken it more to these:

Ekfb4dWX0AAZ_du.jpg

ar2r73mo29t51.jpg

itcfa68ujjt51.jpg

a0fbzjpnfyu61.jpg

I don't think it's a subplot. I liken it more to these:

Ekfb4dWX0AAZ_du.jpg

ar2r73mo29t51.jpg

itcfa68ujjt51.jpg

a0fbzjpnfyu61.jpg

Right, I get what you mean. It probably doesn't mean anything, especially seeing how a missing group of scientists seems pretty at odds with a mob war story. Just wanted to note that it could be a tease to something relevant to the story.

But IF it is relevant, it's gotta be Freeze right?

I think what gets me a bit bummed is that with all the shows they're wanting to do - I just don't want Batman to have the least amount of screentime of any character in this Reeves-verse.

Because in a show like Penguin, Colin Farrel will no doubt have more screentime than Pattinson already between the first film and this.

I think what gets me a bit bummed is that with all the shows they're wanting to do - I just don't want Batman to have the least amount of screentime of any character in this Reeves-verse.

Because in a show like Penguin, Colin Farrel will no doubt have more screentime than Pattinson already between the first film and this.
What balances out is probably that if Reeves sticks to what he's said the movies themselves will consistently be almost entirely from Bruce's POV. Very, very little of The Batman takes place outside of his perspective to the point where I wonder if its the most screentime Batman has in any singular movie? Begins feels pretty damn close but the length of The Batman might put it over the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"