Im so ashamed to be a white South African right now

I still meant that a particular tribe, which was already ok with itself could possibly defend themselves against the colonizers, which they sometimes did.
They also worked together with the colonizers to fight tribes they had been warring with.

Not sure how that went down in Africa, but there was a longer history of people cutting threw the continent and imposing themselves on the Africans.
The colonial experience came late to North Americans.

Them being better slaves doesn't justify the action of slavery.
Like everything else there must be a world of reasons why things worked out the way they did.
I still don't like the insinuation that blacks make better slaves then other people, as if that was their calling or something.

I still meant that a particular tribe, which was already ok with itself could possibly defend themselves against the colonizers, which they sometimes did.
They also worked together with the colonizers to fight tribes they had been warring with.

Not sure how that went down in Africa, but there was a longer history of people cutting threw the continent and imposing themselves on the Africans.
The colonial experience came late to North Americans.
I would think the sudden advent of invaders with superior weaponry would have decimated the Indians, whereas, if there was a longer history of people subjugating and trading with Africans and African slavers, there would be more opportunity to organize and defend against it. :huh:
Like, "We're used to it now. We know their tactics"

Them being better slaves doesn't justify the action of slavery.
Duh.

Like everything else there must be a world of reasons why things worked out the way they did.
I know. Like, thank God, I'd never heard a good answer for why it is that pale races have dominated the world and seem to be more successful than darker skinned ones (Like, there's no African NASA), until "Guns, Germs and Steel" came along. Just Jared Diamond's thing about how all the animals that can be domesticated are distributed in the world was enough for me, and I'm shocked that I'd never heard it before. It should be required reading for racists.

I still don't like the insinuation that blacks make better slaves then other people, as if that was their calling or something.
It could be seen as far superior to the Native American attitude.
Death is irreversible.
As long as you're alive, no matter how seemingly unbearable things are, there IS hope for rebellion, or liberation, or escape in the future.
So a temporarily docile slave can endure it for a while, and eventually be freed, but a dead Indian is just Dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"