Immigrant Civil Rights Movement

redmarvel said:
Actually, asking foreign countries to change their policies is one of the things that diplomats do while they are in the foreign country in question.

Just because immigrants have no "legal" rights, doesn't mean they don't still possess some "moral" rights and if they feel they are being treated unfairly they have the right to try to do something about it. Many of these people may have tried to become legal citizens and hit some sort of roadblock in the process. It is a long and difficult (not to mention expensive) process to become a citizen of a foreign country. I'm going to have to look up the immigration requirements for Canada one of these days and see exactly what's expected of folks now. When my parents came to this country they were required to have a "sponsor" that basically guaranteed that in the first year one of them would get a job and they would have a place to live and wouldn't require welfare/social assistance help.

immigration to Canada takes about 7 months and it costs about 2,500 to 3,000 total whne using an attorney.

War Lord said:
If we need more workers, than up the number of legal immigrants and make it easier for them to come into the country.
:up: I agree with you

I'm for Immigration and if illegal immigration means less security than facilitate immigration while having them under heavy screening

political borders are a must.

big buildings and walls to underscore them are stupid.

PLAS said:
your long post was just a looooong string of asumptions, I mean, really, dude, get your facts right before blurting out

it helps

Thats what I like about assumptions you cant state opinions without being weighed down by facts, thats all I thought that message boards were for is a bunch of people to get together and state opinons, and if the user chooses to base it on fact they are welcome to, but I personally am just happy letting it be an assumption/opinon.

Mr Sparkle said:
well, here's the thing.

when you're born in the US you're not an immigrant, you're a citizen.
and people tend to forget that there are Hispanic families that have been in california for generations.

and the terrorist came here legally under student visas, they did not jump over the fence. and if they where going to why jump the most watched fence in the world when you can sneak in through Canada and step over a 6" concrete curb?

Also proof I didn't do research into my comments, because I did not know there were Hispanics that lived in california. I just don't know to be honest about borders and how to fix it.

Honey Vibe said:
I am completely in support of what citizens and illegal immigrants alike are doing across America today. Their actions show how integral their presence is in American business and culture. :up:

Et toi?

EDIT
If a moderator is willing to edit the poll, option 2 should read NO, illegal immigrants are not Americans, hence have no right to our benefits/opportunities.

YOUR FIRST POLL QUESTION NEEDS TO BE FIXED AS WELL. THE U.S. DOES NOT HAVE AN "ANTI-IMMIGRANT POLICY!!! YOUR BIAS IS SHOWING!!! It should say anti- "illegal" immigrant policy.

S_H_F_4839 said:
Also proof I didn't do research into my comments, because I did not know there were Hispanics that lived in california. I just don't know to be honest about borders and how to fix it.
people smarter than you and me have made it very clear how it's better to have a least a basic knowledge of the topic at hand when discussing it, otherwise one has the great potential of sounding off like an idiot

I'm not saying you're an idiot, but it's basically like somebody who's never had sex before to make opinions about how boring and inconvenient it is to engage in intercourse basing it on the mere mechanics of it

Mr Sparkle said:
ha! yeah! screw them all, rights are for citizens all others can be trampled upon and exploited because , well, they're not citizens.:up:

I would admonish you, but you like blade and that's punishment enough.

A wee bit extreme but a valid point.

*I was going to make a thread about this but I remembered this one*

The comparason of Illegals that don't think they should be kicked out with Rosa Parks and MLK is just plain offensive.
These people aren't citizens of the United States (I'm not giving the thumbs up to minuite men). But these people should not be allowed to move into the U.S. without becoming citizens.

The best thing that we could do is make it a felony worthy of a $50,000 fine for companies that hire them. If they can't find jobs they won't even try to come here.

Man, what was I smoking when I made the second option?

Jesus Christ people, the "liberal" countries like Germany and Sweden have stricter illegal laws than what we have.

have to be a citizen to have civil rights

Thank you, there's a big difference between human rights and American rights.

Real signs from protests...
"We are not second class citizens" Indeed, you're not any kind of citizen.

"We are not criminals" Um, yes you are.

I'm all for legal immigration, that is after all what America was founded upon. This is not the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"