In hindsight what changes would you do

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by DeGenerate10, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Foley wasn't just suddenly dead. He shot and killed Barsad when Talia entered the Tumbler and told the driver to shoot them all, and it included Foley. He wasn't just suddenly dead as we had a piece of dialogue to tell us how exactly Foley is dead.

And for Catwoman driving up the steps to City Hall, I am actually fine with that being taken out because it only adds the suspense of Catwoman appearing and killing Bane who was about to kill Batman.

The expanded chase of The Bat and the Bat-pod chasing Talia though? I feel that it was needed and probably would've gave the final chase the 'excitement' some fans wanted.

But, alas, the IMAX time limit is the biggest thing to take the blame. Without that, I feel we would've had at least fifteen extra minutes with the film(probably at least giving it a solid 3 hours) since we haven't really heard or seen anything else regarding other scenes than what we've read or seen the past few months.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  2. ThePhantasm

ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

I understood "how" he died, but you don't see it happen. Talia gives the order and then we see his body but it happens off-screen. I think that actually dulls the effect of his death to be honest. But its a minor grumble.

3. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

In the set videos Batman actually took out, I think, four people then met up with Bane. But in the film we see him just take out two, while Bane ends up wrecking about six guys.

4. ThePhantasm

I actually don't even remember "Bane wrecking six guys" but admittedly its been awhile since I last saw the scene. Looking forward to watching the blu-ray. :up:

5. Hype_the_Hero

Hype_the_Hero Well-Known Member

We see it blow up behind the HEMMT truck and then Catwoman rides over it and the wheels do a barrel roll

6. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Make Bane more understandable

more development of Bruce/Selina & Batman/Catwoman

a Batman/Catwoman rooftop chase

make Bane's voice more understandable

7. ThePhantasm

This. I want this in the next Batman franchise. Just once.

8. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

lol, you really couldn't understand him?

Only bits of dialogue that went over my head was:

"Shipwrecked men turning to seawater" - I thought it was seaworld, lol.

"Borrowed time you've all been living on" - I thought was ball of time.

9. ThePhantasm

The only one I didn't get the first two times I saw it was "Time to go mobile." I heard "Time to gomnovble."

10. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

11. Anno_Domini

I got everything except for the first and last line...what did you say? :oldrazz:

12. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

I could have used a little more Bruce/Blake interaction too, considering the ending.

13. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Its weird cause I loved the Dark Knight Rises but I'd change the film very drastically if I could. As I've stated in previous threads I would've got rid of the 8 year gap. Infact I'd have started it straight from the end of the Dark Knight and I've have had the Riddler work out that Batman didn't kill anyone. As much as I loved John Blake I wouldn't have had him in it at all but I'd have had JGL as the Riddler. I'd have had Batman struggle to save the day due to the Police constantly been on his tail, also I'd have had the Catwoman be in it pretty much as she was but without the wanting to start a new life stuff and have Batman defeat the Riddler at the end who would've been using his riddles to evade the Bat & the Police. He'd also team with Catwoman at one point but in the end would've shopped her off to Jail. The ending of the film would've been Batman standing over the city looking an as the trilogy comes to a close.

Also Matthew Modine would not have been anywhere near this film, his performance was horrible and I could careless for his character and Tom Hardy would have been Harvey Bullock the Cop trying to bring the Batman down.

But thats more a fan fic, if I had to just make minor changes, Bane's voice would be different (I couldn't stand it), the 8 year gap would be gone, there'd have been more focus on the Police bringing down the Batman and I'd have gotten rid of the Talia twist. Again I'd have had the 3rd film end the first year of Batman's career.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  14. Travesty

Travesty Well-Known Member

But if you changed that, would The Riddler see faces and feel it in his bones and stuff?....

15. Anno_Domini

A couple things..

The Riddler - I feel like he would end up being compared to Joker much more than even Bane is as well as being nothing really new after seeing Joker in TDK.

John Blake - I think it would be best to not even mention him if someone had a different idea for TDKR because Kevin Smith made a great point that the eight year gap could've been there to also grow the character of Blake who was mostly living in the orphanage during those eight years. He is a rookie after all and could be as young as 20 in TDKR.

16. batbax

batbax Well-Known Member

Oh you.

17. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

I'm a bit iffy on the Riddler stuff, but everything else you said sounds great. Especially about getting rid of the 8 year gap, Foley, and the Talia "twist".

:funny:

18. MAKAVELI25

MAKAVELI25 Well-Known Member

LMAO, even when I first saw the scene I was :whatever:. Not only did Blake somehow guess that Bruce was Batman (in a city of 12 million nonetheless), Bruce didn't even bother denying it. As long as he'd kept the secret, I figured he'd atleast refute it once or twice

19. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Well tbh I probably didn't explain that very well. Did you see that fan film that someone did with the Riddler and Scarface in? Well I would've liked the Riddler to be like that.

20. Ant-LOX

Ant-LOX Bathman

Blake is a detective, (Detective comics has a different logo for each movie in the trilogy btw) and he's really good and that stuff, even as a kid! (/Sarcasm)

I bought it because, at the heart, Nolan knows how silly comic books are, and those clunky lines are straight from a comic book. I can literally see the panels as he is talking.

21. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

Blake= "Dick" Robin John Blake. Eh? Eh? :oldrazz:

22. Anno_Domini

Am I the only one who didn't care for the guy who played as the Riddler in that fan film? Lol.

23. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Agreed. It's one of my least favorite scenes in the trilogy.

I haven't seen it. What's the name of it?

24. Anno_Domini

Puppet Master

[YT]9_ioQP1XU3s[/YT]

25. BH/HHH

BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah Puppet Master, its really good Batmans a tad skinny in it though n while he does sounds like Bale he doesn't quite get it down he sticks to a mellow sounding Bats but its really good, good production values for one and the Bat costume is spot on with the Nolan films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.