The Dark Knight Rises In hindsight what changes would you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Blake, metaphorically, pretty much was that kid from the Narrows. The boy personified the young and hopeless of Gotham looking up to Batman as a savior, and Blake personified what a grown up version of that might look like. Didn't really need to be the same person. Not to mention the kid had blonde hair and looks nothing like JGL, which would have bugged me endlessly. :oldrazz:

Yeah, I think it might be something like that, when he's telling him to get in here it's kind of muffled, but he may have spoke his name.

Actually, when Blake tells Bruce they've met before I thought that's who he was going to say he was. I've been thinking about it ever since, and while Robin Thomas Blake might not have the same ring to it, in every other facet, it just made sense to me.

Who knows, perhaps the dad yelled out 'John', lol, but it wouldn't make sense come to think of it because we hear a male's voice and a female's voice when Blake said he doesn't remember his mom dying, so Blake would've had to be very young.

I feel like Blake, metaphorically, pretty much was that kid from the Narrows. The boy personified the young and hopeless of Gotham looking up to Batman as a savior, and Blake personified what a grown up version of that might look like. Didn't really need to be the same person. Not to mention the kid had blonde hair and looks nothing like JGL, which would have bugged me endlessly. :oldrazz:

That personification point makes a lot of sense.

Who knows, maybe the blond Narrows kid will end up being Blake's sidekick when he's Batman :woot:

Ehh, I think he kind of did look like him actually. The hair I agree with though :cwink:

Who knows, perhaps the dad yelled out 'John', lol, but it wouldn't make sense come to think of it because we hear a male's voice and a female's voice when Blake said he doesn't remember his mom dying, so Blake would've had to be very young.

Or maybe they're not really his parents. Maybe an aunt/uncle or something in transit between the orphange & foster care. TBH, if Nolan decided to go that route, Blake's dialogue to Bruce would've been plenty different anyway. In a good way IMO

To be honest, Bane didn't need to die. To have seen Batman rip his mask off, beat to a pulp, then roped back down into the Pit would've been 10 times more satisfying.

I didn't mind him dying, but I didn't care for the manner in which it happened. I would've preferred Batman just leave him there, with his mask broken, like he did Ras. Not killing him, but not saving him either.

I didn't mind him dying, but I didn't care for the manner in which it happened. I would've preferred Batman just leave him there, with his mask broken, like he did Ras. Not killing him, but not saving him either.

Yeah, that would've been perfect. Either way, Batman really did physically own him, and the beating he gets is well deserved.

Yea I have my nitpicks like everyone else but two things that REALLY bothered me were this:

1. Prologue Bane voice. I hated it. :( In my opinion they could have left the old one but just taken off the watery effect. They stated they had a whole bunch of effects on it at first. But I think they should have left the same delivery and volume balance. The final version sounded like he was speaking through a megaphone and was less sinister/cold. Especially hate how they added in the, "YesSsSs! The fire riIIIIses!" The silent head nod was perfect. I mean, c'mon. This guy is DYING for the cause. His dying wish is knowing that they are doing the right thing. The head nod just says so much. It's like he's saying somberly, "Yes, brother yes. Your bravery is making a difference." And that hokey "Yes!" completely ruined the moment for me. As you can see this was one of my favorite moments of the prologue/movie. It demonstrated the mindset that these guys who are willing to die for the cause, and the brotherhood of the LOS.

2. Talia's death performance. I know she is a better actor than this and I know there must have been a better take of this. How this got through to the final cut boggles my mind.

1. Prologue Bane voice. I hated it. :( In my opinion they could have left the old one but just taken off the watery effect. They stated they had a whole bunch of effects on it at first. But I think they should have left the same delivery and volume balance. The final version sounded like he was speaking through a megaphone and was less sinister/cold. Especially hate how they added in the, "YesSsSs! The fire riIIIIses!"
I thought it was funny when the CIA guy asks him if getting caught was his plan, and he responds with "of courssssssshhhh".

You laugh and moan at every thread that isn't drooling all over Rises.

Not everyone who likes this film "drools".

It seems almost impossible to like it without getting responses that are sillier than what you call drooling.

I had some problems with it, but name me something that's perfect? The changes I named are relatively small issues, not a reason to nitpick about "how it should've been done!!!" and whine about the colour of a certain door in Wayne Manor or the toothpaste that Bruce used in those 8 years.

Last edited:
Bane's reveal and demise was disappointing. i would have liked it if he in fact double crossed talia. so instead of this goon with a silver tongue that he turned out to be, he was actually secretly plotting to take over talia's empire for himself, for his own motivations, for his own ends.

His post is as silly as your first remark.

But yours was so brill using the color of a door in Wayne Manor and toothpaste as an example of criticisms against the flick.

Failed attempt at trolling.

But yours was so brill using the color of a door in Wayne Manor and toothpaste as an example of criticisms against the flick.

Failed attempt at trolling.

Don't ever call this failing.

1449rpu.jpg

A chick making a goof face.

Yup. About in line as your other two posts. Consistency is what counts mon ami.

A chick making a goof face.

Yup. About in line as your other two posts. Consistency is what counts mon ami.

Lol. That chick happens to be Emma Watson who made a trollface for like 4 seconds on Letterman.

Anyway, some other minor changes:

-NOT Matthew Modine as Foley
-Make Daggett's death more brutal, he was a c*nt...

I thought it was funny when the CIA guy asks him if getting caught was his plan, and he responds with "of courssssssshhhh".

That part grew on me. But I really hated and still hate the delivery for, "For you" and "with no survivors." After "for you" i felt like there should have been a laugh track. He delivered it like it was a joke on a sitcom. Plus volume balancing was awful. This is a big deal to me because it was really what I like about the prologue when I first saw it. For me, fixing these things would take it from a really good prologue, to a perfect one. It sounded so natural before. In the final version it takes you out of the movie because you notice the editing.

Last edited:
If the "experts" had shut up about the original prologue voice, no changes would've been made.

That is what is most frustrating about the whole thing.

As a sound guy, I think they probably always intended to loop all his lines to begin with, they were just praying for most people to understand it in the prologue release. Clarity is just so important, so much story would be missed. This is the problem with showing people unfinished work. If you guys had only seen the final version and not gotten attached to the original, you would probably love it as much as I do.

it's like what ridley scott said about kingdom of heaven "screw what test audiences say!" paraphrasing of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"