In Memoriam of Terry (terry78)

Hearing about this from a close friend is eerily similar to when this same friend told me about Chadwick Boseman's untimely passing. Now I'm here in a surreal world where I'm paying my respect to Terry, who suffered a similar, and painfully unfortunate, fate. Both men were 43 when they passed, and both succumbed to cancer at an age which is entirely too young because we all felt like we were going to see these men again. When the news it it's like a grazing blow that rocks your skull, and you don't feel it until the reality keeps on coming you just want to wake up from this bad dream, ironic as that may sound.

Thankfully we have the existence of their memories. Terry was a guy whose presence was always felt, and that's why I never thought that we'd be sitting here reminiscing about his crazy threads, but I'm glad that we actually got the chance to chat about the random topics that he would bring up. When we'd playfully call him out on sometimes spamming or saying these silly things he'd shoot right back at us with something goofy that at least got a chuckle. After that you couldn't be mad, which is how I remember this dude. People always talk about good vibes, but this is what we genuinely had with him, and I am hoping that his family gets to have some good thoughts thinking back to those positive feelings that he gave us.

I can honestly say that I'm glad that I got the chance to interact with him.

For what it’s worth, it’s nice to see members old and new coming to pay respects. He had an impact on all.

Really cool of those who don’t frequent the boards anymore to log back in and say a few words. I appreciate y’all for that. Nice to see y’all again and I hope you’ll drop in from time to time.

My deepest condolences to his family. It's a shock that I'm still processing ever since I heard about it this morning.

Terry was truly a staple on the Hype, you always see him posting or making threads at almost every section on the Hype and he was always a chill dude even when we rag on him sometimes like @E-Man said. He always had a good spirit with things. I guess I've been here long enough to see a lot of you guys as family in a SHH way and I wanna say Terry was one of them. He'll be very missed on here especially in the community section and I'm grateful to have interacted with him.

This place won't be the same without him, and I'm going to miss him. 43 years old is too damn young. :(

RIP

beer-25.gif

I sometimes give voices to a few of yous on here, you were always a taller Reese Whiterspoon, but with a gaptooth.
Well, that commercial does sound like Reese in Sweet Home Alabama or Walk the Line to me.:funny:

@ComicChick, that was such a funny, sweet story about the pothole commercial. I think you should change your status to "Pothole" in Terry's honour. :D

I’m totally stunned by this news. This hit me like a ton of bricks… I had very few interactions with him online here, but I’ve always admired and enjoyed his posts/insights and he seemed like an all around swell and laidback guy. Even though I didn’t know him in real life, I’m still saddened by his passing. He was taken from us much too soon. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. RIP. :csad:

Only had a few interactions with him from memory, but obviously his posts were everywhere and always had the laid back, fun vibe and good intention the rest of you describe. Damn sad news for the Hype community. Respects to his family.

RIP.

I went back to a PM we had some time ago after his father passed away. Having lost my father, who may be the best friend I’ve ever had, I have something of a soft spot for people who have gone through this sort of thing. I hope this isn’t poor etiquette, but below is a snippet of what I sent him. His response was “thanks I appreciate that and obviously don’t get too long winded about this sort of thing“. Obviously I do and it’s so sad that nothing does last forever. Sometimes it’s shorter, much shorter than you ever think it will be. Life gives and takes. We should never take it for granted.

“If there's a lesson in all of this, I think it's that nothing lasts forever and it's so very, very important to treasure what you have and never take anything for granted.

The only thing we can do is remember the good times and the love we still have for those we miss.

I hope your family and friends are of a great help to you and you to them. I doubt I can be of much comfort, but be sure that my thoughts are with you.

Best to you and all.”

We had some back and forth over the years and Terry was always quick-witted and fun to interact with. Always looked forward to what he had to say. Hearing this this morning just well sucks.

R.I.P. Terry78.

Condolences to his family.

Just catching up with this terrible news. I didn't know Terry too well, but I knew he was a Hype veteran and one of the most chill people you could hope to find on an internet forum. I remember lots of pleasant interactions with him and always liking/respecting what he had to say. Never had a single moment with him that made me think he was anything but one of the good guys, and I'm not just saying that because of the circumstances. He'll be missed for sure, but it's rather beautiful that he has another internet 'family' of sorts, who have never had the pleasure of meeting him in person-- yet can come together and celebrate his life and the person he was in this community all the same.

43 is far too young to go and I can feel this one hitting home for the community and reminding us of our own mortality. I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and hug the ones I love a little tighter.

RIP Terry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"