The Dark Knight In Nolan We Trust

kenellard said:
so, um, is discussion based on the idea that people who all agree talk amongst themselves abut how gosh darn great it is to have the same point of view? oh sure, this is a message board, so "if you don't like it, don't post" makes perfect sense, as much sense as this thread!

You know what, I don't really care if you post with agreement or without. :down

your thumb down icon makes me feel simply awful! Stuff like this reminds me of the subtle difference between being a fan and a fanboy, all this "INWT" crap is so ridiculous, why do you feel the need to "trust in nolan"? what the hell does that mean to anyone?

kenellard said:
your thumb down icon makes me feel simply awful! Stuff like this reminds me of the subtle difference between being a fan and a fanboy, all this "INWT" crap is so ridiculous, why do you feel the need to "trust in nolan"? what the hell does that mean to anyone?

troll much?

All we're saying is that with all the b*tching and moaning about how 'they're' going to ruin the next BB sequel, before a cast, script, or one of Tom Cruise's b*tches has even been cast . . . that they should just 'trust' Nolan's vision . . .

Goddam, why are you trying to start *****?

It's not like we're starting a religion . . .

kenellard said:

Nolan earned my trust in 'Nam, when we were fighting the commies. Many times over, he pulled my sorry ass out of trouble. Sometimes, he would sacrifice his rations so the rest of the platoon wouldn't starve. Heck, one time, he even wrestled a commie robo bear just so we could find a place to relive ourselfs. That man was true, and that's why he earned my trust.

:D

Rynan said:
Nolan earned my trust in 'Nam, when we were fighting the commies. Many times over, he pulled my sorry ass out of trouble. Sometimes, he would sacrifice his rations so the rest of the platoon wouldn't starve. Heck, one time, he even wrestled a commie robo bear just so we could find a place to relive ourselfs. That man was true, and that's why he earned my trust.

:D

Ha! that was funny! :D

yeah, dude . . . Nolan lent me $50 last month when I couldn't make the rent . . . he's a goddam fine individual . . .

He once told Chuck Norris to grow a beard. To this day, Nolan is the only person to have ever told Chuck what to do and live.

so who's going to write the nolan commandments? I will if you pay me.

1.- Thou shalt trust me.

2.- Thou shalt express thy confidence in thy signature

3 - Thou shalt not take premature negative conclusions about my creative decisions based on vague informations, rumors and speculation.
4 - Thou shalt keep an open mind to my casting decisions and not dismiss them just because your personal favorite has not been cast.
5 - Thou shalt not troll.

I actually think the next movie can be way better than begins, I was just stating how empty a gesture it is to say you trust in a director just because he made one or two movies you liked, hey, even schumacher made tigerland and phonebooth, both passable movies. i personally have never said the begins sequel will suck, in fact I don't think it's anyone's place to say what it WILL be like, that's just dumb, being that production hasn't even started yet! Nor am I trying to start an argument as such, I just find this overt fanboyishness (not a real word!) a little much

kenellard said:
I actually think the next movie can be way better than begins, I was just stating how empty a gesture it is to say you trust in a director just because he made one or two movies you liked, hey, even schumacher made tigerland and phonebooth, both passable movies. i personally have never said the begins sequel will suck, in fact I don't think it's anyone's place to say what it WILL be like, that's just dumb, being that production hasn't even started yet! Nor am I trying to start an argument as such, I just find this overt fanboyishness (not a real word!) a little much
For those who take the gesture, it´s not empty. Nolan has rewarded my faith the first time, so it´s renewed for the second.

So wait a minute right now. Lets just back up and allow me to throw this out there, to play Devil's Advocate per say. Everyone who has the "INWT" thing in their signiture, are you gonna have the testicular fortitude to put "I trusted in Nolan........I was an idiot for doing so" IF, and i did put IF b/c i don't jump to conclusions either way, the sequal, by definition: blows? Hmmmmmm? Will you be men enough to admit you screwed up? If not, I strongly suggest u get that "INWT" out of your profile asap, cuz I'm keeping records my friends, thats right, I have no life and I will do it.

And dont give me that "What will u do Anjow if the sequal is great?", then I will join your cult in uplifting the 3rd film.

ultimatefan said:
For those who take the gesture, it´s not empty. Nolan has rewarded my faith the first time, so it´s renewed for the second.

this is a classic example, he rewarded YOUR FAITH? Do you think he made begins for you? or even for the fans as a whole? you sir, are deluded. It was a job, a job he did well, but I wouldn't get behind him just yet, because if you want a great bat-movie you would be better suited being wary of Nolan and what he does rather than doing this "INWT" thing and then saying "oh yes, yes that sounds great, because I trust in Nolan!". If message boards like this do have any impact on how these movies are made (and I have serious reservations about that idea), then the best thing for us fans to do is not to blindly say whatever Nolan says is gold, because directors mess up, especially when they're following up a successful first movie (batman returns? B&R?)

just wait until 2008 before showering Nolan with more messianic praise, if he earns it, he deserves it

kenellard said:
this is a classic example, he rewarded YOUR FAITH? Do you think he made begins for you? or even for the fans as a whole? you sir, are deluded. It was a job, a job he did well, but I wouldn't get behind him just yet, because if you want a great bat-movie you would be better suited being wary of Nolan and what he does rather than doing this "INWT" thing and then saying "oh yes, yes that sounds great, because I trust in Nolan!". If message boards like this do have any impact on how these movies are made (and I have serious reservations about that idea), then the best thing for us fans to do is not to blindly say whatever Nolan says is gold, because directors mess up, especially when they're following up a successful first movie (batman returns? B&R?)

just wait until 2008 before showering Nolan with more messianic praise, if he earns it, he deserves it

I completely agree.:up:

I trusted Burton when Batman '89, then we got Returns, which was a great movie, just not a great Batman movie.

Forever was ok, when the news of a sequel came about I thought "Well Schumacher did decent with Batman Forever so I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes and do better with the sequel(which turned out to be B&R)"

I know exactly what you mean.

Batman Begins was an excellent movie(and ALOT of the credit should go to Goyer too). Just because Begins was great, doesn't mean Batman 2 will be gold as well.

I totally overlooked this before, but now that I've realised it, who exactly is "WE"?

Wouldn't "In Nolan I Trust" be more appropriate? perhaps not, I guess we meaning people who say they trust in Nolan, aaanyway I digress

I think people are taking this thing a bit too serious. It's a bit of fun, nothing more. I don't feel 'big' or anything, we are just displaying our trust in Nolan.

*South Park Redneck voice* If you don't trust Nolan well you can GIT OUT!!! :)

kenellard said:
I totally overlooked this before, but now that I've realised it, who exactly is "WE"?

'Too many people' I assume?

ChuckTrust.jpg

Rynan, you're gold my friend! Now we need manips of Nolan doing heroic feats...

Anjow1060 said:
So wait a minute right now. Lets just back up and allow me to throw this out there, to play Devil's Advocate per say. Everyone who has the "INWT" thing in their signiture, are you gonna have the testicular fortitude to put "I trusted in Nolan........I was an idiot for doing so" IF, and i did put IF b/c i don't jump to conclusions either way, the sequal, by definition: blows? Hmmmmmm? Will you be men enough to admit you screwed up? If not, I strongly suggest u get that "INWT" out of your profile asap, cuz I'm keeping records my friends, thats right, I have no life and I will do it.

And dont give me that "What will u do Anjow if the sequal is great?", then I will join your cult in uplifting the 3rd film.
Yeah, see my post #57 , page 3, on this same thread.
About this "cult", as already stated, is just a bit of fun, don't take it so seriously.
And yeah, you can join too, once that you achieve the enlightenment as Chuck Norris did. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"