In Reality Could Frankenstein's Creature Exist.

there is actually a town in germany named frankenstein

The Frankenstein story sounds like something kainedamo would try... "BRIDE OF KAINEDAMO"!!!!!! :wow:
He's not the only one...

There's also:

bride_of_frankenberry.jpg

It is possible,but these days.Surgery has progressed,so there are no horrible stiches or gore.

with the monster senario you'd probably have to contend with alot of tissue rejection.

with the monster senario you'd probably have to contend with alot of tissue rejection.
Exactly...which is why you'd be better off trying to reanimate a whole, intact corpse than some composite.

The problem with the entire scenario in the first place is that, when people die, the tissues accumulate damage rapidly as they cease to function. It's for this reason that reanimating a whole, intact corpse is nearly impossible: there's no such thing, really. There's going to me massive tissue damage over time, and quickly.

If the purpose of the composite-corpse is to negate specific instances of tissue damage (read: organ transplants, etc.) due to specifically damaged areas or causes of death (liver failure, heart failure, etc.), you may run into another problem: when the body shuts down, damage is going to occur in a relatively specific order. This is ignoring prior causes of death, and just focusing on the effects of death itself.

Thus, you're going to find pretty common damage in common areas from all deceased donors, unless you act very quickly...and with so many composite donors, the damage is going to win out. The nerve damage alone would be phenomenally difficult to repair in a composite.

Then there's the tissue rejection...I won't even go there. That one should be blatantly obvious. :up:

I can only think of two scenarios that would make this possible:

1) Cryogenics become so advanced that we can preserve bodies and parts for very extended periods of time,

OR

2) Stem Cell use becomes so advanced that we're able to repair/regenerate damaged tissues relatively quickly...then again, this would completely negate the need for a composite being.

If a person (no not me im not planning on doing this) got loads of fresh body bit's stitched them together doing (doing the proper surgery, connecting the vein's) could in theory Frankensteins monster be 'alive'?
Your thoughts?:huh:

Uh, no.

you should check out ITVs modern adaptaptation of frankenstien where there use stem cells and nano technology

It was a she, and I never asked. Visited once for a physical, then changed jobs and thus HMO's. Still, I picked her as my primary doc just for the name. :doom:

Exactly...which is why you'd be better off trying to reanimate a whole, intact corpse than some composite.

Then it would be a zombie, not a "Frankie"

It is possible,but these days.Surgery has progressed,so there are no horrible stiches or gore.

Yeah, all they need to do is come up with a way to reanimate the corpse they slapped together from spare parts. :huh:

jag

I guess I'll be the one who'll ask the big "no-no" question when it comes to science: Why? What purpose would creating such a being be? Regardless of the plausibility of the scenario, there are serious flaws behind the reasoning Frankenstein had for creating the "monster"

Wouldn't it be easier to take an intact corpse and attempt to reanimate it?

Wouldn't it be easier just to drink beer and watch Young Frankenstein?

I always thought Frankenstein was actually Jewish.
like "Franken-steen" more than " stein" like Beer Stein.
It's a common family name in Germany. And besides it stands to reason that a German-Jewish family would have a German name. Same as a Polish-Jewish family would have a Polish name.

Anyway. There is a theory that Mary Shelly based some parts of the novel on one Johann Conrad Dippel and his exploits. Who was born at Castle Frankenstein, near Darmstadt. In modern times in the German state of Hesse. In Shelly's time, the seat of the Landgraves of Hessen-Darmstadt. Dippel bears at very stiking resemblence to Victor Frankenstein. He was an alchemist, physian, and theologian. After uni he went back to Castle Frankenstein and practiced his trades. He blew up one of the castle towers working with nitroglycerin, and found it had medicinal uses. While trying to produce and elixr of life he created Dippel's Oil (which was used as an insecticide, amoung other things). But that doesn't sound much like Victor Frankenstein does it, well I'm getting to that. He also experimented on cadavers. Like cutting up dead bodies to see what made them tick. And, rumor has it, tried to tranfer the soul of one cadaver to another. Exactly what he was doing in that tower he blew up was never that clear. But the towns people drove him out when they caught wind of it.

The theory goes that Mary Shelly, and her husband Percy while travelling to Switzerland heard the stories and this planted the seeds on insopration for the novel.

Wouldn't there be a strong chance the creature would be brain-dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"