In what MCU Phase II movie will Hawkeye or Black Widow show up next?

Eather Captain America:Winter Solder or Avengers sequel.

I am still skepticall Ant-Man will actully be made and In theatres before the Avengers sequel.

Avengers 2 is concrete. If they're going to show up prior to that, I think it would most organically be included in Cap's sequel. Natasha has ties to the Winter Soldier story and I think offers an interesting thematic counterpoint to Cap's man out of time-ness. Hawkeye isn't the greatest fit but if SHIELD are involved then he could feasibly be there too.

I also share the skepticism that Ant Man will see release before Avengers 2.

Eather Captain America:Winter Solder or Avengers sequel.

I am still skepticall Ant-Man will actully be made and In theatres before the Avengers sequel.

Avengers 2 is concrete. If they're going to show up prior to that, I think it would most organically be included in Cap's sequel. Natasha has ties to the Winter Soldier story and I think offers an interesting thematic counterpoint to Cap's man out of time-ness. Hawkeye isn't the greatest fit but if SHIELD are involved then he could feasibly be there too.

I also share the skepticism that Ant Man will see release before Avengers 2.
Yeah I know, but if I didn't add Ant-Man in there, people would be asking why it isn't part of the poll.

Cap 2 seems the natural choice. Certainly not in Thor, and we know that BW isn't in IM3. In theory, I suppose, Hawkeye could be in IM3, but it seems like it'd be a small cameo, wouldn't it? I would love it if he took on Coulson's role in handling Iron Man, that could be interesting, but probably not the best fit.

Hawkeye in IM3... EMP arrow on Iron Patriot?

Black Widow in CA:TWS... Love interest of Bucky? Fighting along side Cap?

I actually hope they go a less obvious route. Given what's transpired so far, I no longer require them to use the comics as a template. They can create completely new scenarios and relationships at this point as long as the characterizations are consistent.

I couldnt care less if Bucky and BW hook up, or even if Bucky survives Cap2. The fact that they're a couple in the comics is completely irrelevant. Whether she hooks up with Banner or Hawkeye or Ms. Marvel, its fine with me as long as it's written well.

^I feel that way too. I think Widow infiltrating something makes for a better story, but it's okay if she does/doesn't hook up with whoever.

I really think you should have included the SHIELD TV series as a poll option. That would be my first bet.

I want BW being a main character in CA, as she is Bucky's love interest. I'd like to see a bit of Hawkeye in that movie, however I'd like to see him more in IM3. In both I want the banter that SHOULD come with Hawkeye.

I'd say Cap 2 is the only real option.But with Falcon,Bucky and probably Sharon Carter involved,there probably isn't room for more than a brief cameo in the movie.

Live and learn. But the SHIELD show isn't a movie.

Very true, and the actors have no obligation to appear in it. Perhaps they'd agree to have their contracts redone a bit so a half-season of TV is equal to a movie appearance, but that doesn't seem likely.

I'd say Cap 2 is the only real option.But with Falcon,Bucky and probably Sharon Carter involved,there probably isn't room for more than a brief cameo in the movie.

Yes, and Scarlett, in particular, comes with a steep contract - unless she is going to be a lead character it would make sense that the studio would save her for Avengers 2.

Very true, and the actors have no obligation to appear in it. Perhaps they'd agree to have their contracts redone a bit so a half-season of TV is equal to a movie appearance, but that doesn't seem likely.
Also, I find it hard to see ScarJo or Renner showing up in a network TV show, which kind of makes me wonder how this whole SHIELD thing will work. I'm sure people have brought up recasts? I would hate that.

They might do a sweeps episode or two if the show breaks out

That's true. Everyone wants in on something hot and popular.

Cap 2 seems the most logical with Fiege already mentioning SHIELD will have a presence in that movie, so surely they will show up as well. BW may have a bigger role due to the characters role in the comics.

It begins filming early next year so that would point to a 2014 release.
Well, that's what Simon Pegg said, but it hasn't been officially confirmed by Marvel or Wright. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

I was going to say Captain America because of SHIELD connection now.. however Antman is the new franchise, it might need some boost from Avengers cast.

I was going to say Captain America because of SHIELD connection now.. however Antman is the new franchise, it might need some boost from Avengers cast.
So stuff them into a movie that could not possibly have less to do with them?

So stuff them into a movie that could not possibly have less to do with them?

From marketing stand point, it might be wiser to have one or two Avengers member in new franchise with lesser known hero. It might be good introduction for new hero to have familiar faces around him.

Other franchises are already getting huge numbers without them.

From marketing stand point, it might be wiser to have one or two Avengers member in new franchise with lesser known hero. It might be good introduction for new hero to have familiar faces around him.

Other franchises are already getting huge numbers without them.
Marvel tried to do this with Tony Stark showing up in TIH, but they didn't do it with Thor or Cap. If they think that Ant-Man needs to have other Avengers show up in his movie in order for it to succeed, it would show that they don't have much faith in the character already, and might as well not make his solo movie at all. They are pretty committed to these solo movies being able to stand on their own, so I wouldn't want them to try and force a square peg into a round hole if it only detracts from the movie itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"