Indestructible HULK Fans

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics' started by Green Arrow67, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Green Arrow67

Green Arrow67 Member

Currently this is the only Marvel NOW title i pull , gotta say i like it alot. like the story, art development was slow at the beginning. Love the pacing of the book. Really though i have always been a Hulk fan. Anyone else liking this title..?

[​IMG]

2. Phaedrus45

Phaedrus45 Well-Known Member

I love Waid on Daredevil; but, this title does hardly anything for me. I was hoping it would grow on me; but, it hasn't. I definitely don't like the direction. I'm not sure where I'd like to see it go; but, since before Pak left, I've been bored by Hulk.

(EDIT!) Sorry, I didn't want to bring your thread down, especially since it said Hulk fans. I have been a Hulk fan for so many years. I'm not sure if you wanted a negative opinion or not. If you just want fans, I'll delete my post. Just let me know.

3. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

I'm very much not a Hulk fan usually, and I've been enjoying Indestructible Hulk. It's nice to see Banner take center stage and have actual stories with plots rather than just the Hulk smashing things. Although I have to admit that the SHIELD angle has kind of petered out. It was a cool new status quo for like 6 months, but then it never really progressed, so it's just sort of in the background now.

4. Green Arrow67

Green Arrow67 Member

Phaedrus its your opinion, no need to sugar coat it it is cool . Like now im getting the Marvel Knights HULK, havent got the first 1 yet, but its on its way.

5. Phaedrus45

Phaedrus45 Well-Known Member

Wasn't A-Bomb working for SHIELD in Parker's backup Hulk stories? I can't quite remember. Heck, I don't even recall if Rick Jones is still A-Bomb, or if that somehow got nullified.

6. JewishHobbit

JewishHobbit Well-Known Member

I loved the first two issues but stopped buying it after that. Money was tight and an artist was coming up that I couldn't stand, so I made the decision to cut it. I'm glad people are enjoying it though.

And did I hear rumor that the book is getting relaunched or was that just my imagination?

7. CaptainCraig

CaptainCraig Well-Known Member

I agree it is nice to see Banner back more front and center. Not sure we've had that since Bruce Jones run.
    I'm fine with the SHIELD ties, what I'm over though is a man as smart as he is, acutely aware of his...condition, allowing himself to get so worked up and upset by ego issues.

I'd like Banner to lose the self-pity party and fragile self esteem issues that have been so at play thus far in the title.

8. Colossal Spoons

Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Eh, there isn't a thread for the current "HULK" book so I'm commandeering this one :o

I think this new Doc Green persona might be my favorite version of the Hulk. He's apparently way smarter than Professor Hulk, which is downright terrifying considering he's still fuming mad about Tony's betrayal.

9. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Pshh, how did I know you'd love a version of the Hulk whose sole purpose in life is punching other Hulks into nonexistence?

10. Colossal Spoons

Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Actually, A-Bomb was my favorite gamma-person so I'm kinda bummed out right now haha. And it's not just the punching, Doc Green is having full holo-conference calls and inventing stuff while mid-battle, I'm impressed. I'd say such a Mary-Sue Hulk can't last long but apparently he's plenty busy post Avengers time jump :up:

11. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I'm enjoying the current horror, avenging monster vibe of the current Immortal hulk book