Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

If time travel is involved, he could want to go back so the Nazis could win the war.

I mean, if you’re a Nazi, what is the ultimate treasure if not the control over time itself to change the course of your own terrible history?

Wonder if Indiana will be tempted at a certain point with the prospect of going back/changing and fixing his past mistakes with this macguffin, but then realizes that a life well lived is a life well lived, no matter how many mistakes he’s made in his life and ultimately wouldn’t change anything. I could almost see a “The Last Crusade”-esque scene of him talking to his younger self, confronted with a choice, then refusing it, kind of like him with the Knight.

There’s this almost ethereal, slightly dangerous and mysterious wonder from a lot of the other supernatural encounters in the series that I think could be applied to the time travel aspect in this film. Wonder if time travel will be treated the same as a lot of the previous macguffins in this franchise. This mysterious, unknowable thing that the enemy tries to utilize and control, but it ends up backfiring on them for their recklessness, lack of respect for and misuse of the the natural order things. Used as a plot mechanic for Indiana’s story, maybe explained a bit, but not explored much more beyond that, just like the Holy Grail, the Ark and the Shankara stones.

Last edited:
If time travel is involved in this, I almost want to see a scene between both Indy’s, the young and the old, punching out Nazis side-by-side. A companion (maybe Sallah) shouts out to them something like, “Nice one, Indy!”, and both of them do a double take and look at each other for a beat before going back to both punching Nazi’s out. Similar to the moment in TLC when both Henry Jones’ are called by name and respond at the same time. Would be a comedic gag that would feel in line with the tone of the franchise and wouldn’t feel out of place.

5958ac69-3c21-40db-85a0-8d4b4d2b1193_text.gif

If time travel is involved in this, I almost want to see a scene between both Indy’s, the young and the old, punching out Nazis side-by-side. A companion (maybe Sallah) shouts out to them something like, “Nice one, Indy!”, and both of them do a double take and look at each other for a beat before going back to both punching Nazi’s out. Similar to the moment in TLC when both Henry Jones’ are called by name and respond at the same time. Would be a comedic gag that would feel in line with the tone of the franchise and wouldn’t feel out of place.
This sounds so ambitious but it'd be a joy to see how it's pulled off haha.

I wanted the chance to dive into this kind of full-on George-and-Steven old picture and give the audience an adrenaline blast,” Mangold tells Empire in our world-exclusive Indiana Jones 5 issue. The solution? A setpiece that dials the clock back to 1944, set in a castle swarming with Nazis. Through the miracle of de-ageing technology, we’re going back towards Raiders-era Indy. “And then we fall out, and you find yourself in 1969,” Mangold explains of the transition to the main action of the film. “So that the audience doesn’t experience the change between the ‘40s and ‘60s as an intellectual conceit, but literally experiences the buccaneering spirit of those early days… and then the beginning of now.

Last edited:

Calling it now, one of the money shots in the trailer that will be used to sell this movie is going to be a quick glimpse of de-aged Indiana Jones. Seeing a shot of “young” Harrison Ford in his “prime” alone would sell tickets like hotcakes.

Calling it now, one of the money shots in the trailer that will be used to sell this movie is going to be a quick glimpse of de-aged Indiana Jones. Seeing a shot of “young” Harrison Ford in his “prime” alone would sell tickets like hotcakes.
It's in the D23 footage. Look it up.

Waiting for the official trailer just in case. Want my first experience seeing it to be as clear and official as possible. If it’s not in there, I’ll check it out.

Don't really recall a shot of de-aged Indy in that trailer, but it's been a long while since I've seen it.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like Robert De Niro in Irishman where despite the de-aging, you could still clearly tell he didn't have the mobility of his younger self.

Don't really recall a shot of de-aged Indy in that trailer, but it's been a long while since I've seen it.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like Robert De Niro in Irishman where despite the de-aging, you could still clearly tell he didn't have the mobility of his younger self.

Most Likely
They'd probably be better off doing a deepfake thing like Luke in BOBF than trying to use Harrison Ford and De-Age him

Not sure how I feel about all that, despite how good the technology can sometimes be, it's still always jarring and a bit immersion breaking

But it’s not to a entire film, simply a flashback so I don’t think it’ll feel too bothersome as like The Irishman.
As long as young Indy doesn’t punch like an 80 year old man, it’s fine.

No, it's there. Video's on 9Gag if you wanna double check.

Went back and looked. Yes, there's a shot where Indy's getting a bag taken off his head and he's in an officer's uniform. He definitely LOOKS like he's been de-aged 40 years. I can't post the video link due to forum rules, but it's on 9Gag. Simple google search will take you to it.

Think I'll just wait until the official trailer comes out to see if they include that shot in it then. No point in revisiting a low quality bootleg lol

Wish I could get hyped for this but can't
I don't know if I can handle Indiana Jones: Logan
That movie was great, but I still can't bring myself to watch it again, too painful... and I don't need to see Old Man Indy die

That movie was great, but I still can't bring myself to watch it again, too painful... and I don't need to see Old Man Indy die
He's not gonna die

Two completely different things, I highly doubt Indy 5 is gonna have the same tone as Logan. Not a chance.

He's not gonna die

Idk, Mangold loves traumatizing nerds lol

Two completely different things, I highly doubt Indy 5 is gonna have the same tone as Logan. Not a chance.

Oh definitely not, but still, I don't know if I'm ready
Last Crusade had a perfect "Ride off Into the sunset" ending... dunno If I need to see his actual sunset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"