Action-Adventure Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I don't know what it is, but the visual aesthetic of the film is throwing me off. It doesn't look bad per say, but something it don't look right.

Either way though, I like the trailer, and I trust Mangold. So, hoping for the best. Title is corny enough to like.

I don't know what it is, but the visual aesthetic of the film is throwing me off. It doesn't look bad per say, but something it don't look right.

Either way though, I like the trailer, and I trust Mangold. So, hoping for the best. Title is corny enough to like.

Was it shot on film, or digital? Anybody know? I feel like that's an important thing for Indy movies
Also, for a movie that supposedly prioritized practical effects, I'm seeing a ton of CGI

Great trailer!

:indy:

So the leaked title was true after all? LOL It was dumb to not officially announce it months ago. Felt anticlimactic since it already leaked.

Either way, I'm pumped for this. Definitely my most anticipated movie next year. It better be good.

No matter how weak this could be, I'll take it before having Chris Pratt or some other fool trying to reboot or rip-off Indy.

Mind you... I want it to be fun and good.

It's a great trailer.

That shot of him on the horse looks really bad. The de-aged stuff looks terrific, but that horse shot. I hope it's fixed before it comes out. If you're going to use CG in these movies they have to be seamless. There's other shots that look a little too artificial like the train sequence.

No matter how weak this could be, I'll take it before having Chris Pratt or some other fool trying to reboot or rip-off Indy.

Or Shia. They could've easily tried to bring him back into the fold.

...have you read the news on him any time in the last 3 years?

I don't tend to pay close attention to him outside of films, no. Last I know of Shia was him appearing in Honey Boy, and The Peanut Butter Falcon.

Circa 2009-2015, I’m sure it crossed their mind. Till LaBeouf verbally attacked Spielberg in interviews lol

Trailer had me hyped. Very much looking forward to this one

The only non-Ford Indy I’ll accept after this point is an animated series with Ross Marquand doing the voice. Otherwise, no dice.

The only non-Ford Indy I’ll accept after this point is an animated series with Ross Marquand doing the voice. Otherwise, no dice.

I cannot agree. I want to see season-long adaptations of the 1990s Bantam novels. I'm fine with a new face for Indy--considering I love Young Indy and Sean Patrick Flanery plays Jones in it much more than Ford ever did.

Love the title and love the trailer. This looks so much better than I imagined. Harrison still looks great and can totally still pull off the Indy character. This looks much more in line with the original trilogy IMO and Dial of Destiny fits in perfectly with the other titles. As I said before it just reminds me of “Temple of Doom” which I love. Hurry up June 30!

Looks fun
Ford/Jones looks great, Love the horse jumping the nyc turnstile.

Parts-mechanism-trading-ship-Antikythera-device-wreck-1901.jpg

the-birth-of-engineering-the-mechanisms-that-set-the-world-in-motion-6.jpg

the-birth-of-engineering-the-mechanisms-that-set-the-world-in-motion-7.jpg

Even more convinced the Antikythera Mechanism was the loose inspirational template- (+time-travel)

72u30v.gif

Eh. Trailer did nothing for me. Sorry, seeing him pick up a whip and a fedora doesn't instantly make me gush. The movie needs to sell me on the plot and story given my reservations toward it, and this is just a "Hey guys, remember whips! And hats! OMG INDIANA JONES EXIIIIIIISTS" trailer and those don't do much for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroxvtt
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"