Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I just read some leaks for this movie, which people are now claiming were confirmed by today's trailer.

If true, it'll make what happened to the Terminator franchise pale in comparison.

According to the leaks, Indiana Jones is trying to stop the Nazis from gaining control over a time portal. He ends up traveling back to the past and meets his younger self. Younger Indiana Jones dies while protecting Helena from the Nazis. Since the past sequence takes place before "Temple of Doom", it automatically erases Indiana Jones and all of his past achievements from history. The film ends with a montage where Helena reenacts all of the major events from the past films.
I have heard the same rumors.
But, even if they are true,
It all depends on execution.
And there could be a context to all of it that we do not yet know.
The proof is in the pudding,
And, nobody has had a chance to taste it yet.

Last edited:
As a non-Indiana Jones fan... Looks fun! Cinematography looks great, Ford is always great, CG deaging continues to get better and better.

And the title is exactly as charming/hokey as the rest of them.

Not sure if its true but it sounds like a Doctor Who thing.

No amount of good writing or acting could save this franchise IF the leaks are true.

That better not be true. I am very keen about this movie moreso than anything MCU offers next year, I don’t want to sit out.

I really liked the teaser... seeing Harrison in his Indy gear, Sallah... the music. It hit all the right notes for me.

I'm cautiously optimistic because Indy 4 was so bad. So very, very bad. And no, not in a "if you watch it now, it really isn't so bad" kinda way. It's just that bad.

Not sure if anyone knows but is
PWB supposed to be Marcus Brody's daughter (or granddaughter I suppose)? I'm going entirely on the fact that she's English and I doubt they'll have her related to a random unknown

Ford is too old for this, it all looks strange.
Also too much cgi, that makes it look cheap already.

Loved the trailer and so ready for this. Ford could play this character in his sleep and Mangold is a really good director.

Ford has more charisma in this teaser than 98% of the current action/adventure stars.

Agreed, but I think that says more about todays stars (excluding the marvel stars imo) being sub-par
Cuz Harrison certainly doesn't have the spark he used to, though when you're 80 and stoned all the time I guess that's to be expected lol

There's a couple of dodgy CGI shots in there but the tone, cinematography and de-aging effects on Indy look great. Obviously there's a lot of chase sequences which makes sense given Indy's age, the Rickshaw one looks really cool in particular. I love how the last shot is like a reverse of the iconic scene in Raiders. :D

The trailer is currently on Disney+ in glorious Dolby vision.

I can't find it on Disney Plus?

There's a couple of dodgy CGI shots in there but the tone, cinematography and de-aging effects on Indy look great. Obviously there's a lot of chase sequences which makes sense given Indy's age, the Rickshaw one looks really cool in particular. I love how the last shot is like a reverse of the iconic scene in Raiders. :D

I can't find it on Disney Plus?
type in Indiana Jones in the search bar and it should pop up as one of the first things.

Cuz Harrison certainly doesn't have the spark he used to, though when you're 80 and stoned all the time I guess that's to be expected lol

I don’t agree with that. To be fair, this is a short teaser, but his little scene at the end of it, tons of Ford charm IMO. And he actually has passion for this. He brought tons of energy to Force Awakens that he hadn’t shown in a while, and that was a role he was never in love with.

I didn't need anything plot-wise, but it would have been nice to see more into PWB's character/vibes.

I feel like they're gonna be saving the big stuff for the next trailer. What I don't expect is for them to reveal that much more than they have and tbh, they don't need to.

I don’t agree with that. To be fair, this is a short teaser, but his little scene at the end of it, tons of Ford charm IMO. And he actually has passion for this. He brought tons of energy to Force Awakens that he hadn’t shown in a while, and that was a role he was never in love with.

Yeah thats fine, agree to disagree, just my opinion
while the whip scene at the end was cute, I just don't feel he has the swagger he used to
and in Force Awakens, it seemed like he had just woken up from a nap before filming each scene (and his hair always looks that way too)

It's almost as if Indy being old and out of touch has been confirmed to be part of his arc in the movie or something. :o

It's almost as if Indy being old and out of touch has been confirmed to be part of his arc in the movie or something. :o
Yes and that's what I've always dreamed of in an Indiana Jones movie :o

That shot early on in the teaser when Indy dives from one tuk tuk to another is insane. If you look closely, he jumps onto the other just before his collides. That entire sequence seems like it could be one of the best of the series. I think that whole chase was done practically too.

Last edited:
While I never doubted that Harrison Ford's charm in the role was still intact, I thought the film would adapt the action to the character's age. But it seems that Indy is more energetic than ever!
This is not a problem for me at all. Ford is in great shape and I can accept that this Indy is still jumping around a bit.
But at the same time, you can't miss things like that "floating head" when he's riding his horse. It's probably unavoidable (?), and I know the movie is still in post-production, but that shot was really awful...

Which brings me to the visuals. Honestly, while the "adventure" vibe is definitely there, the cinematography, especially in the action scenes shown, remind me a bit of KotCS as it look quite digital. Not a deal breaker, we didn't see much and I complain about CGI for just about everything (yes, I'm like that), but I would have liked something a little more retro.

Anyway, overall, the film looks promising to me and I know I'm going to enjoy it no matter what, because I just love Ford as Indy. For the sake of discussion, while I understand that by design a teaser doesn't show much, I wish we would already have a little extra something in addition to the reunion with the character, as I feel like that card was already played in the last movie, from a marketing perspective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"