Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

In other words, you want Indiana Jones's son to be an exact copy of him...because as we know, Henry Jones Sr. would have worked better if he had been more adventurer like his son...

Nice try, but no. Sean Connery wasn't added to the series as an eventual replacement for Harrison Ford, while that would likely be one of the goals of adding a younger cast member this time around. If the series hands the Indiana Jones moniker to a cast member under 70 years of age, my guess is he (or she) will be closer to Jr.than Sr.

And that was the problem with Shia. He's NOT a leading man, he's sidekick material. I don't need an Indy clone but someone with swagger and charm. Gosling was always my top choice (who incidentally is starring in the Blade Runner sequel with Ford)

They should just recast Mutt (I say with Chris Pratt), and continue with that character as was clearly planned.

That, or flat out reboot; No more sequels, no prequels.

There was this weird period from 2007-2008 or 2009 where everyone thought Shia was going to be the next big leading man for some reason?

But sidequick was exactly what Mutt was, there's not point in making him the next leading man, he's entertaining the way he was, i would rather see a recast younger Indiana Jones than forcibly changing Mutt in order to make the next films center around him, not to mention that these stories are more interesting when set in the 20s-40s.

Steven Spielberg, Harrison Ford reuniting for fifth #IndianaJones film http://bit.ly/1prKsX3

Director Steven Spielberg and star Harrison ford will make a fifth “Indiana Jones” film, to screen July 19, 2019, Disney announced Tuesday.
The release from the studio describes “a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series,” adding: “Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.”

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........

I mean if it's good I'll eat my words. But I have little to no hype about this

They don't have a writer attached yet. Did Spielberg, or his friends Kathy and Frank come up with an idea they like? If I was Spielberg or Ford, I wouldn't sign on until there was an actual story that I liked.

Harrison Ford will be 77 when this comes out. Seventy-****ing-seven.

I'll be the first to say I'm excited. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this.

I will admit that The Force Awakens changed my tune about this. This has the potential to be good, as long as Lucas and Shia LaBeouf stay away from it. But Ford needs to take on the Sean Connery role from Last Crusade this time around, for his own safety.

Harrison Ford is just playing his greatest hits again.

Back for Star Wars Episode 7
Back for Blade Runner sequel (to shoot this summer)
Back now for Indiana Jones 5

I'll be the first to say I'm excited. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this.

Yeah I'm excited. I hope and do believe they learned from their mistakes with Crystal Skull. So as long as it's better than that I'm down, and let's be honest it's not too difficult to be better than Crystal Skull.

Yeah I'm excited. I hope and do believe they learned from their mistakes with Crystal Skull. So as long as it's better than that I'm down, and let's be honest it's not too difficult to be better than Crystal Skull.

Agreed.

Harrison Ford is just playing his greatest hits again.

Back for Star Wars Episode 7
Back for Blade Runner sequel (to shoot this summer)
Back now for Indiana Jones 5

I mean...i dont see him getting that many good roles nowadays. The last role I heard good things about was in 42 which came out 3 years ago. And before that what was it? Air Force One?

I'd probably do the same thing if I was him. And at least, imo, he was good in TFA.

Ford still trying to compete with Samuel L. Jackson for total box office gross I see!

All seriousness aside, it could be great. So I'm down. If not, blech. Shia wasn't bad though. They probably won't have him back, but recasting and moving on with the character could be fine.

I will say that I do prefer this between recasting Indy. Especially with Chris Pratt

We have it confirmed, though we have not had confirmed whether or not Ford will Play Indy throughout the entire film or not.

yCMwVpu.gif

I have a feeling I will be this thread's number one fan until 2019.

This made my year. Spielberg and Ford are back and no ****ing Chris Pratt playing Indy.

With Kennedy and Spielberg and a lack of Lucas and Shia, this will be great. Now just hire a great writer (Lawrence Kasdan perhaps?) and we're cooking.

**** the haters.

Bear-in-the-Big-Blue-House.gif

Yeaaaah I'm so happy with this!!!!

Harrison Ford will be 76 while filming this movie and 77 by the time it's released. Just thought I'd drop that in here.

Harrison Ford will be 77 when this comes out. Seventy-****ing-seven.

Schwarzenegger
Stallone
Willis
Kurt Russell

Ford's putting them all in the corner. All of them will have to work till their 80 to one-up Ford.

I didn't want Crystal Skull to be the final Indy movie with Ford and Spielberg at the helm, I'm glad they're not going out like that. I'm also glad there was no mention of Luca$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"