Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt want any other actors to play shor round except the real short round. Is Connery gonna be in it at all?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Yeah! Kids just get elECTRIFIED by trade disputes and embargos and endless Jedi staff meetings.
rolleyes.gif

That tired old line is bologna.

Whatever, the fact remains that kiddies loved TPM as a film, pod-racing and everything Jar-Jar related in particular. I don't know what your point is
confused.gif
You do realise this film wasn't called Star Wars Episode 1:The trade dispute, or Star Wars Episode 1:The Jedi staff meeting, right? They were 'parts' of the film, and subsequentley had less coverage than Anikin, Jar Jar and that boring pod-race.

If they're for the kids,why is Darth Vader on the cover of the new Rolling Stone,and why do Playboy interviews.

eek.gif
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif
.......Why is Darth Vader doing interviews and photo shoots for Playboy and Rolling Stone? Oh my God......First of all, a rather obvious point;ROTS is the 'darker' of the three. To quote Lucas,'I made 1&2 as light as possible, so that i was allowed to make 3 as dark as i wanted'. Secondly, because Star Wars is a worldwide phenomenom, appealing to all ages(disregarding Jar Jar or 'adult' trade disputes), it has graced the covers of just about every magazine from 'Teen world' to 'National Enquirer' to 'GQ mens's magazine'. All three film are marketed toward all age groups, but it doesn't mean they are made for all age groups. However, in each film there is something for everyone.

TPM was made with children heavily in mind, and it hit the spot. Just as it hit the right spot with millions off children in 1977. You've all grown up a bit since, so you're bound to feel neglected that the humour doesn't appeal to you.

And believe it or not
eek.gif
,when you're good,your comedy is universal.
*cough*Pixar*ahem*

Comedy isn't universal, because there are so many levels to it. I doubt little 4yr old girls will be humoured by Richard Prior, for example. Anyhow, thing slike Pixar.....well, again, there are things for adult and things for children. You can't make the same joke for both an 8yr old and a 35yr old.

and who's PAYING for all those youngsters' tickets? Hmmmmmm
And why does George think beheadings and dismemberment are appropriate for children?

what a load of B.S.

Who's paying? Who gives a ****.

And George doesn't think beheadings and dimenmberment are appropiate for kids
rolleyes.gif
. As i said earlier, TPM and AOTC were made as light as possible so that ROTS could be as dark as possible. You'll notice the rating has changed from a U or PG to a 12a......if he was really bothered about kiddies having nightmares he wouldn't have had beheadings and children genocide in the film.

Charley Chalk said:
And George doesn't think beheadings and dimenmberment are appropiate for kids
rolleyes.gif
Don't roll your eyes at me.Let me "re-aquaint" you with some aspects of Star Wars.

ANH-dude gets his arm chopped off by Obi Wan,splattering blood on the floor.

ESB-Luke gets his arm chopped off.

TPM-Qui Gon is impaled and Darth Maul is sliced in half.

AOTC-Anakin gets his arm chopped off and Jango Fett is beheaded.

if you like the crappy prequels,that's great!I'm jealous of you.I'd rather like them,myself :(
But don't for a second say that George made the saga for kids,and then say that he doesn't think it's appropriate to show kids dismemberment and beheadings.

:rolleyes:

Let's get back on topic, please.

Does anyone know what the premise of the new Indy film will be or the time period that it will be in? I am of the particular mind that it will most likely follow the previous films in terms of subliminal themes; i.e Ark of Covenant, Stones of Shankhar, and The Holy Grail.

Does anyone know what location the primary focus of the story is going to be? If I had that, I might be able to ascertain the premise of the film based on the potential story building artifacts of the area.

dpm07 said:
Let's get back on topic, please.

Does anyone know what the premise of the new Indy film will be or the time period that it will be in? I am of the particular mind that it will most likely follow the previous films in terms of subliminal themes; i.e Ark of Covenant, Stones of Shankhar, and The Holy Grail.

Does anyone know what location the primary focus of the story is going to be? If I had that, I might be able to ascertain the premise of the film based on the potential story building artifacts of the area.
Wasn't it suppose to be about the Spear of Destiny or Atlantis?

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Don't roll your eyes at me.Let me "re-aquaint" you with some aspects of Star Wars.

ANH-dude gets his arm chopped off by Obi Wan,splattering blood on the floor.

ESB-Luke gets his arm chopped off.

TPM-Qui Gon is impaled and Darth Maul is sliced in half.

AOTC-Anakin gets his arm chopped off and Jango Fett is beheaded.

if you like the crappy prequels,that's great!I'm jealous of you.I'd rather like them,myself
But don't for a second say that George made the saga for kids,and then say that he doesn't think it's appropriate to show kids dismemberment and beheadings.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

WHOA!!!! First of all, i don't like the prequels. I think they're not only terrible films by Star Wars standards, but terrible films in any context. Secondly, i forgot about all the dismemberment action that went down in previous films, but i don't care. I still maintain that TPM was a huge hit with the kiddies, and that this film was made like a cheap, B-disney-movie on purpose.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

From comingsoon.net

Update on the Indiana Jones 4 Script

Source: USA Today
June 13, 2005

USA Today talked to Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford during AFI's 33rd Life Achievement Awards gala saluting "Star Wars" creator George Lucas. Spielberg said screenwriter Jeff Nathanson is readying a script for Indiana Jones 4 by summer's end.

Asked whether Ford's real-life lady Calista Flockhart would play Indy's new leading lady, the actor said, "She would of course make her own decision." Flockhart said she would definitely sign on if offered the role. "Oh, yes. If I could kick his (butt), absolutely!"

It was previously reported that both Lucas and Spielberg had signed off on the script and that Ford had not read it yet. Lucas recently summoned Nathanson to his Bay Area headquarters, where they went over the draft. The writer also got notes from Spielberg before continuing on to finish the script.

http://filmforce.ign.com/indy/articles/632/632374p1.html

''Approved'' Indy Script Still Under Revision
Producer says it could be ready soon, though.

http://javascript<b></b>:reportA4EBannerActivity(

1x1transparent.gif
July 08, 2005 - Steven Spielberg's longtime producing partner, Kathleen Kennedy, says that while Lucas and Spielberg have both approved Jeff Nathanson's latest draft for Indiana Jones IV, there's still work to be done on the script before the project is officially greenlit.

"I know this sounds like something that we've been saying for 15 years, but I'm hoping that we're going to see something in a couple of months," Kennedy told Now Playing Magazine. "Jeff Nathanson is working on the script right now; I will say this: If it comes in and we're all happy with it, it will be more than likely the next thing we do."

Kennedy suggested that while the screenplay is by and large complete, there is still some "finesse" to be added to it. She also did not think that Harrison Ford's age would negatively affect the film. "Certainly we're not writing the script as though [Indiana Jones is] 20 years old. You know, Sean Connery spent a lot of time in the Bond role and whatnot. I think it's great that we can go make another Indiana Jones movie and Indy can be a little older. I think playing with that is a good thing."

Kennedy would not reveal any more details about the story, other than that it takes place in the late '40s. That would make Dr. Jones chronologically about 10 years older than in The Last Crusade. While Ford is actually 18 years older this time around, it shouldn't be impossible to pull off.

hunter rider said:
While the trade previously reported that Chris Tucker was expected to sign a $20 million deal which would fast-track New Line's Rush Hour 3, the actor ended up not doing so.
Why? What else does he have to do?

Honey Vibe said:
Why? What else does he have to do?

This is the latest on that movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10314

Chan Says Tucker Holding Up Rush Hour 3

Source: Associated Press
July 10, 2005

The Associated Press caught up with Jackie Chan, who says that Rush Hour 3 is not moving forward because his co-star of the first two films, Chris Tucker, is making too many demands.

"He wants too much power. [New Line Cinema] hasn't obliged. He wants final editing rights and the final look at the movie and so on," Chan said.

Chan called Tucker a "good friend" but questioned whether he had the stature to be so demanding.

"He's still a new actor," Chan added. "How many movies has he made? Two movies have already made him very famous and made him a lot of money."

"He needs to learn slowly," he added.

screw tucker. Jackie's the real star anyway. That guy's just a big mouth with a human body attached to it.:mad: He screwed up friday and now he's doing it again with rush hour. WTH, man??

get brett ratner off of x3 and onto rh3 dammit.

hunter rider said:
Asked whether Ford's real-life lady Calista Flockhart would play Indy's new leading lady, the actor said, "She would of course make her own decision." Flockhart said she would definitely sign on if offered the role. "Oh, yes. If I could kick his (butt), absolutely!"

What a disturbing idea. :(

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=10524

Ford Ready to Do Indy 4 Stunts

Source: The Indy Experience
July 25, 2005

UK's Daily Mail caught up with Harrison Ford, who says he's determined to do his own stunts for Indiana Jones 4:

"I have picked up plenty of bumps, bruises and cuts over the years. I have injured a shoulder and torn a hamstring - that sort of thing. But I have got so used to taking a battering, on screen as in life, that I feel anything is possible," he said.

Visit the link above for the full interview.

they should just get this thing done now or just forget about it..

Splendid!!! Lucas approved the script. Now hopefully they'll get to shooting the movie & less chatter before Ford has to film or act on a wheelchair.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20891

Is a YOUNG INDIANA JONES movie in the works???

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with an interesting rumor... I'll let you read the heads up we got below, but I have some thoughts on it below, so stick around!

I work BLEEP at an international software company, and learned some news that might be of interest to you. At a recent all-hands meeting, we discussed what we're working on in the coming year. During the meeting, we learned that we will develop for LucasArts a series of new Young Indiana Jones learning games set from 1916-1919 that will be released to coincide with a 2007 Young Indiana Jones movie.

We were told that the information about the movie came straight from George Lucas to one of our executives.

This is the first I'd heard of this movie, so I thought I'd share.

If you use this, call me Spence.

Now there are a few things about this I'd like to talk about... It's quite possible that Lucas is wanting to launch a YOUNG INDY movie, but I think it's probably more likely that he'd want this series of learning games as support for the long in the pipe-line INDIANA JONES 4. I've heard nothing solid (yet) about INDY 4, but there are some considerable rumblings within Paramount that the stars might be aligning, the chambers in the giant lock finally falling into place and that we may indeed be seeing INDIANA JONES 4 going into official production.

If that is true, then it is entirely possible that this confirms INDY 4 for a 2007 release. If the above rumor is 100% on the mark and this isn't about INDY 4, then we can look forward to a YOUNG INDY movie. Either way, we win... Or at least us that still have fond memories of the YOUNG INDIANA JONES tv series do. What do you folks think of all this?

Totally Fake, if there is any truth to this article, is that the Young Indiana Jones Movies (TV Shows) will be released on DVD in 2007

yay....a february release date seems like an odd month to release the film. seems like this should be a summer movie. hope it all works out great and we get an awesome film.

http://www.latinoreview.com/

‘Gareth’ alerted that during a recent promotional tour, a source that is very close to the production confirmed that the script for Indiana Jones 4 has been approved by Lucas, Spielberg, and Ford. Below is more info on what ‘Gareth’ tells us:

The Source (Whose Identity I am protecting) said that the current status is that contracts are being negotiated and the ball is rolling. I have learned that the deals are heavily back loaded with the three principals getting points, or a share of profits from ticket, DVD, and other revenue.

Other interesting points is that currently, Sean Connery is not slated to appear in the new film. This is great news for fans that feared the worst when Lucas rejected the last script. I learned that the main concern was that the film took to long to get to the action, and that the final hour of the proposed film would have been too expensive.

Look for Indiana Jones 4 in the Summer of 07.

Motown Marvel said:
yay....a february release date seems like an odd month to release the film. seems like this should be a summer movie. hope it all works out great and we get an awesome film.
It will change,my bet is that a mistake has been made in the article and that the shoot start date in Feb 2006

It's less competition in February, so maybe it could be a good idea to release it then, even if I admit that it feels strange for this kind of typical summer-entertainment

There is no way Indiana Jones IV will be released in february. It will be a summer movie, or at the most a Chistmas one. Feb 2 could a date relating to the start of shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"