Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

You're asking Disney to make an original creative decision. Come on now. :hehe:

It might have been mentioned before but Jez and John-Henry Butterworth are co-writing script with Mangold.

To be fair, they’ve only made - presumably - two Indiana Jones films in the past 30+ years. I’d say we have more of a problem with Marvel or DC or Star Wars milking things with the amount of projects.

There’s already been a few Indiana Jones-like adventure series (The Mummy, National Treasure, Pirates of the Caribbean,Lara Croft etc). I wouldn’t say Indiana Jones is being milked at all as a franchise.

It might have been mentioned before but Jez and John-Henry Butterworth are co-writing script with Mangold.

Strong writing team with a good track record.

I'm just wondering how they'll handle 80 year old Harrison Ford.

Strong writing team with a good track record.

I'm just wondering how they'll handle 80 year old Harrison Ford.

Head on. There's no other way to write this movie.

Ford will most likely be playing a little younger (he always has in the series), but still. They touched on his age in KOTCS, now it'll be the meat-and-potatoes of what Ford gets to work with. And let's be honest--he's in incredible shape for his age (dude just completed a 1,000 mile bike ride in Mexico while looking kinda jacked), the place where credibility will be stretched the most is if he fights another big guy (in the series' tradition). I don't think you write Indy beating his way out of that one anymore (hell, he couldn't beat the mechanic himself in ROTLA, actually). But regular thugs? A 70-something Indy could still take them. Not to mention guns, or use of other tools.

It'll be fun and sobering to see Jones have to think his way out of situations he used to just power through.

I can appreciate a good elderly joke, but I kind of think we're still stuck in that old mindset that elderly people are all crippled. This isn't the 1950's anymore. Plus Ford proved everybody wrong as a 65 year old last time and he's still in great shape. Granted, these are all wealthy people, but capable is still capable. William Shatner as a 90 year old rides his electric bike every day.

I can appreciate a good elderly joke, but I kind of think we're still stuck in that old mindset that elderly people are all crippled. This isn't the 1950's anymore. Plus Ford proved everybody wrong as a 65 year old last time and he's still in great shape. Granted, these are all wealthy people, but capable is still capable. William Shatner as a 90 year old rides his electric bike every day.

Let alone the President of the United States is 78 years old!

Agreed. Hell, back in 2006 people were making old jokes about sly before Rocky Balboa was released and he looked incredible in that. The old jokes themselves are old and played out. Everybody will be lined up to see this film.

Everybody will be lined up to see this film.

I'll see it for sure at the cinema, seen every one previously at the flicks and this one will be no different. I'm not hugely 'invested' in it, without Spielberg directing, but Indy films are amongst the last of the 'event' films as such.

I like the actor a lot actually. He also played a Marvel Nazi. You don't hire a German actor in a Disney Indiana Jones movie to not play a Nazi. If Nazis aren't the bad guys then I'll eat my shoe.

I find it funny how Ford said in the 90's that they wore Nazis out. Now 2 movies later we're bringing them back!

I'm going to start a bingo board for this movie.

Last edited:
I like the actor a lot actually. He also played a Marvel Nazi. You don't hire a German actor in a Disney Indiana Jones movie to not play a Nazi. If Nazis aren't the bad guys then I'll eat my shoe.

I find it funny how Ford said in the 90's that they wore Nazis out. Now 30 years later we're bringing them back!

I'm going to start a bingo board for this movie.

It's safe but you have to admit it's a smart move because it's timely.

Disney has to be careful with the bad guys in this film because you always run the risk of offending some people.

Even when the 4th film came out with the Russian bad guys, some Russian Communist members called for a ban on the film lol.

Last edited:
To be fair, he could just be playing a German whose an ally to Indiana Jones. Has he had a German ally before? lol

To be fair, he could just be playing a German whose an ally to Indiana Jones. Has he had a German ally before? lol

Not really. Closest was Dr. Elsa Schneider---who was Austrian but close enough---who was a "love interest" but then turned out to be a Nazi. lol.

Or at least was working with the Nazis. I don't know how much she actually was a "true believer". She looked upset watching the book burning at the Nazi rally, and she insisted she believed in the Grail. I got the impression she just joined them because she thought they'd get her to the Grail.

I'd find it funny if Kretschmann is actually playing a good guy but crotchety old Indy can't stand him anyway on principle just because he's German. He let Elsa get the better of him, never again after that. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"