Infinity War Infinity War Box Office (poll is for the first film) - Part 3

Has this movie slowed down? Is there any chance of it catching TFA?

Has this movie slowed down? Is there any chance of it catching TFA?

At this point its impossible.

The movie has been dropped out of theaters in some OS territories.
Its closing to an end.

It wont pass 2050 mil.
2068 mil is impossible to beat.

Yep, it's at a point where it's not even getting half-a-million every day domestically, and it's been dropped from 3,000 theaters. There's sadly no way. It's a shame, but still, it's current total is an incredible achievement.

It's quite the problem to have when people are talking about it being a shame to hit $2.035 billion as opposed $2.068.

It's quite the problem to have when people are talking about it being a shame to hit $2.035 billion as opposed $2.068.

Classic case of "moving the goalposts". A sequel to a movie can make $1 billion+ but will still be considered a "failure" if it doesn't make more than the original.

In 5 days the MCU will have 3 movies in theater at the same time. Too bad it couldn't somehow help BP over $700 mil.

Maybe sometime this holiday season they could do a stunt where they re-release BP and IW for a limited run and premiere the 2nd(?) Captain Marvel trailer and the 1st (?) IW exclusively. I'd see them again for a first glimpse of those trailers.

Dumb idea?

They’re better off doing a re-release of IW right before A4 next year.

Actually they have already said they are considering that. Just thought it might be a fun way to release the trailers.

Classic case of "moving the goalposts". A sequel to a movie can make $1 billion+ but will still be considered a "failure" if it doesn't make more than the original.

Well, Infinity War HAS made more than the original and way more than its sequel.

If they re-release it, will that count towards its total or do they not take that into account? Can that push it over TFA?

If they release it by itself -- the additional money is added to the total. If it is released as a double feature (with BP or A4) -- the money from those showings is split.

If they double featured BP for even one night at a few locations with a newer release it would push BP over $700 mil. LOL. Do it!

This is why I think their best move now would be to make that Obi Wan movie with Ewan McGregor. He's still an original character, and I don't know a Star Wars fan who didn't like McGregor's take on the character.

Obi Wan is my all time favorite Star Wars character.

Weekend actual was $1,542,704(-40.3%). Good hold, especially considering it lost 38.9% of its theaters this weekend. That number is also nearly identical to GotG2's 9th weekend. If it makes just as much as GotG2 did after that, it would end up with $679M domestically. Hoping a good hold against AM&tW next weekend(maybe with help of some double features) can help it push for over $680M, even if just because it's a nicer looking number, lol.

Also made $1,000,671(-41.3%) OS this weekend with about $140k of that coming from China. China's total is just over $375M now(Disney's number).

Exact totals after Sunday:

Domestic: $672,625,416
+ Foreign: $1,363,903,341
= Worldwide: $2,036,528,757

Should end up adding just over $10M more to that worldwide total from here.

Spectacular. Much more impressive coming in the spring/summer.

$680m would be a very nice place for the dom to finish.

It's crazy how unbelievable Black Panther has been in terms the domestic gross.

8 months ago if anyone have said that BP would gross higher than Infinity War domestically, I would have called him crazy :D

Cultural phenomenons, you can never tell when they'll hit or how well they'll do. I'm interested to see how BP2 does.

Cultural phenomenons, you can never tell when they'll hit or how well they'll do. I'm interested to see how BP2 does.

Depends on the movie. Black Panther being good is why it broke records. Sure, being a cultural phenomenon brought people out but the quality of the movie brought people back multiple times.

Depends on the movie. Black Panther being good is why it broke records. Sure, being a cultural phenomenon brought people out but the quality of the movie brought people back multiple times.

Imagine if it was actually a superb film. It would have destroyed even more at the box office.

Imho it wasnt as good as IM1 , Avengers1 , TWS and GoTG1 which are the best films of the MCU and few of the best in the genre.

If being good was why it broke records there would be a lot more $700m grossers out there. There are many, many good films (hundreds), but a much smaller number of cultural phenomenons in history.

GA8zW0h.png

:sly:

It's crazy how unbelievable Black Panther has been in terms the domestic gross.

8 months ago if anyone have said that BP would gross higher than Infinity War domestically, I would have called him crazy :D

true - but Panther did have the advantage of two full months of zero competition while Infinity War had to compete with another popular "Marvel" franchise three weeks later and another popular Disney franchise shortly after that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"