Infinity War Infinity War Box Office (poll is for the first film) - Part 3

I'm expecting about ~$25M more DOM, just over $10M OS outside of China, and close to $10M from China as well, so about $2.045B WW would be my guess atm.

Thanks for that :up:

Seems like TFA is just a bit too far away. Crazy how these huge films can come so close to each other when for eg there is a more than $300m gap already to the next film on the list. Furious 7 getting so close to Avengers was another one.

Marvel Studios should delay the digital and Blu-ray release date.

They definitely should have with Black Panther. It's still struggling along on the quest to $700m.

I just checked that, and oof, so close! Just $600,000 more for an even $700,000,000.

This is exciting, though. I can't wait to see Infinity War ding on $2 billion. :)

It's gonna hit the $2B mark any second...

suspense.gif

Wow, it might be a handful of viewers away from the $2 billion mark. I hope it outdoes the Force Awakens.

It got a 30 day extension in China, it might come down to the wire after all with TFA.

There's no way they can delay the Blu-Ray release. Every day they delay, that's a ton of money they're losing and losing for others. Delaying the Blu-Ray or not, it won't really affect how much Infinity War makes at the box office. Like the above poster pointed out, Infinity War's just about out of gas, so there isn't really a point, anyway.

Today is the big day!

This film deserves every penny of the 2 billion it's about to cross. Can't wait for next year to see how it all ends.

Hah! Probably because the Chinese government is all in on Thanos's population control ideas. :oldrazz:

Uh Oh. :o

But seriously 2 million more? Marvel really stretched this film. Amazing. Real dedication.

And here I picked 1.6-1.8 in the original poll. :funny: So happy to be wrong. Get that 2B, Infinity War! (Get Titanic too while you're at it)

Wow bro! Where do these thoughts in your brain come from? :dry:

You kinda missed the part that i mostly stated FACTS.

Japan is a huge market. has multiple 50+ mil movies each year.
It has 100+ mil movies and some movies 200+ mil.

This year IW was outgrossed by 2 movies that arent even that good.

So yeah. This proves the taste of the Japanese people is different.

If i had a penny for everytime someone missunderstood my internet posts i would be a billionaire.

And here I picked 1.6-1.8 in the original poll. :funny: So happy to be wrong. Get that 2B, Infinity War! (Get Titanic too while you're at it)
In this case, I am so glad to admit I have made the wrong choice. :up:

I voted 1.6 to 1.8, too. Glad to see that I was wrong. I'm still dumbfounded that anyone voted that it'd make less than 1.2 billion, or even less than a billion. I'd be interested in knowing what the reasoning was. Comic movie fatigue or something like that?

It's official. I mean, this movie has basically already paid for A4's production so the box office for that movie should be pure profit.

Box Office: 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $2 Billion Worldwide

As of yesterday, Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War has passed the $2 billion mark at the global box office. The weekend totals were a bit higher than estimated, giving the MCU flick a $1.999.471b cume as of Sunday. It earned another $921,000 on Monday (-21% from last Monday), which is more than enough to get it over the finish line. It has done the job in 48 days of release. It took one day longer than Avatar and six fewer days than Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It did it around 14 years faster than Titanic, but I digress.

Speaking of domestic play, it (barely) fell below $1 million per day for the first time on Monday, giving it the same number of consecutive $1m+ days as (offhand), Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Spider-Man and Jurassic World. Wonder Woman dropped on day 47, while Black Panther, The Avengers and Frozen dropped on day 53. Jurassic Park and Shrek held out for 55 days before dipping below $1m while Phantom Menace (61 days), Avatar (81 days) and Titanic (102 days) are the record holders on that count.

The film has earned around $656 million in North America, meaning it'll probably pass Titanic ($659m) in unadjusted domestic earnings on Friday or Saturday. Avengers: Infinity War, which was sold as the end of the line but was actually the penultimate episode (Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel are technically prequels to the events of Infinity War), has become the fourth movie to earn more than $2 billion in global grosses. That's not adjusted for any kind of inflation, but it's the biggest superhero movie ever even with inflation and overseas expansion taken into account.

It has earned a 33/67 domestic/overseas split and over $353 million in China, the third-biggest Hollywood export behind Furious 7 ($392m in 2015) and Fate of the Furious ($392m in 2017). Once it gets past Titanic in North America, it'll be the fourth-biggest domestic grosser, sans inflation, behind Black Panther ($699m), Avatar ($760m in 2009/2010) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($937m in 2015/2016). If you want to note inflation, the film will likely end its run in 34th place, between Sleeping Beauty ($51.6m including reissues/$665.7m adjusted) and The Jungle Book ($141.8m including reissues/$674.9m adjusted).

With around $1.344 billion overseas, it has made about as much overseas as The Last Jedi ($1.332b) and Black Panther ($1.345b) have earned in total. That overseas figure is third on the list for biggest foreign grosses, behind Titanic ($1.528b, counting the 2012 reissue) and Avatar ($2.07b). And its current $2b global cume is below only Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($2.068b), Titanic ($2.187b) and Avatar ($2.787b). The month-long extension in China may help Infinity War become the biggest movie ever that wasn't directed by James Cameron and wasn't released on Dec. 18 or Dec. 19 in North America.

But it certainly doesn't need to top Force Awakens to be an unqualified mega-hit. For that matter, Avengers 4, which (as of now) opens on May 4, 2019, in North America, need not approach Infinity War numbers in order to be a hit. And after that, well, this may be as big as it gets for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But that's a conversation for another day.

Does this make it the fourth movie to cross the $2 billion line worldwide?

Congrats to team Marvel! Stunning achievement and well deserved :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"