Infinity War Infinity War Box Office (poll is for the first film) - Part 3

Does this make it the fourth movie to cross the $2 billion line worldwide?

Yes!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $655,136,398 32.7%
+ Foreign: $1,346,000,000 67.3%
= Worldwide: $2,001,136,398

:mnm:

67,1 mil left to beat the SW7 TFA.

Can China do it ???

Does this make it the fourth movie to cross the $2 billion line worldwide?

Yes

Titanic: $2.2B
Force Awakens: $2.1B

Hope it takes TFA.

Avengers 4 should also be there this time next year.

The Infinity Juggernaut. Insane to think that A4 will do the same numbers...

Hats off to Marvel Studios, man. Those guys...the givers who keep on giving!

LOL i just had an idea.

Avengers 4 should be named...

Avengers 4 : Box Office Juggernaut

It's officially party time! Don't care if it's Tuesday. Ima go get wasted! Hell yeah! Lol.

I am hoping for a similar hold this weekend, and for it to make $5 million this time. That should put it about $660 million domestically.

They've done it!!

Party time! :bw::im::sps::susd::stark::thor::bp:

Not to be a spoil-sport because I absolutely would love for A4 to do just as well, if not better, but I’m not sure it’s a foregone conclusion that it will.

Unless they really drop the ball on execution I don’t see why not. There were a lot divisive reactions to the end of this movie which usually leads to bad word of mouth but it still managed to make 2 billion.

I am hoping for a similar hold this weekend, and for it to make $5 million this time. That should put it about $660 million domestically.

Hey it is Father's day weekend after all. I expect all father-themed movies to do well. I'm looking at Incredibles 2 and yes yes, IW... We shouldn't forget Thanos. Yes the man was a mass murdering sychopath, but he was a father that truly loved. Practically tailor made for Father's day I would assume. Lol. :sly:

Not to be a spoil-sport because I absolutely would love for A4 to do just as well, if not better, but I’m not sure it’s a foregone conclusion that it will.

Really? I'm not saying this with a bias either but to me it makes sense -- "Part I" knocked it out of the park, now ppl wanna see how this concludes (bc Part I didn't) and "starts" a new chapter, dimension, universe, really. I think it's bound for $2B off that.

Depends on how well they stick the landing.

Depends on how well they stick the landing.

Agreed. But my sense is that this was the riskier movie. It focused on Thanos, it ended on a very different note than usual, the heroes were scattered around, and it was a part 1 without selling itself that way.

It was absolutely worth it, I think, as a set-up for the finale, but A4 should be able to deliver all of the payoffs and be triumphant, as well as emotional. It could misfire or not work for people, but it has the potential to be thrilling and extremely satisfying.

Really? I'm not saying this with a bias either but to me it makes sense -- "Part I" knocked it out of the park, now ppl wanna see how this concludes (bc Part I didn't) and "starts" a new chapter, dimension, universe, really. I think it's bound for $2B off that.

It certainly makes sense, and I do think it'll be another monster sized hit. But like Spider-fan says, it depends on how well it can stick the landing. It will essentially be the first real "ending" Marvel has ever really given this world and these characters, so we'll have to see how well the audience responds to that.

If I were a betting man I'd say A4 will at least come close to 2 billion, but there's a lot that could happen between now and a year from now.

Agreed. But my sense is that this was the riskier movie. It focused on Thanos, it ended on a very different note than usual, the heroes were scattered around, and it was a part 1 without selling itself that way.

It was absolutely worth it, I think, as a set-up for the finale, but A4 should be able to deliver all of the payoffs and be triumphant, as well as emotional. It could misfire or not work for people, but it has the potential to be thrilling and extremely satisfying.

I would say often times a Part 2 in a 2 part movie often makes less than Part 1, plus there is that risk that if anyone major is dead for good, may see some audience push back. So I see a couple of ways A4 could make less.

I would say often times a Part 2 in a 2 part movie often makes less than Part 1, plus there is that risk that if anyone major is dead for good, may see some audience push back. So I see a couple of ways A4 could make less.

Well its not like we have a great pool of examples to draw from but from the 3 times we got a part 1 - part 2 from a major franchise 2 out of 3 the part 2 outgrossed the part 1.

HP DH part 2 did more than part 1
Twilight BD part 2 did more than part 1
and only Hunger Games MG part 2 did less than part 1

There havent been many 2-parter final chapters from big franchises.
Trilogies that have 3 films arent a fair comparison.

So statistically even though the sample is tiny A4 will increase and if not the drop will be small.

Well its not like we have a great pool of examples to draw from but from the 3 times we got a part 1 - part 2 from a major franchise 2 out of 3 the part 2 outgrossed the part 1.

HP DH part 2 did more than part 1
Twilight BD part 2 did more than part 1
and only Hunger Games MG part 2 did less than part 1

There havent been many 2-parter final chapters from big franchises.
Trilogies that have 3 films arent a fair comparison.

So statistically even though the sample is tiny A4 will increase and if not the drop will be small.

I don't expect a huge drop, but I expect a small drop. Plus, let's say like Iron Man dies or something. That's a bold risk and could stop repeat viewings. Same for Cap, Thor, or insert favorite Avenger here. With IW, despite the ending I think the audience felt like another part was coming. With A4, that's it. It's a conclusion. So something like that may put people off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"