Infinity War Infinity War Box Office (poll is for the first film)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think kids would of minded super hero's dying as much if spidey hadn't of been one of them.

Never understood the fatigue usually from people that don't like comic books in the first place.

We get 3 MCU movies a year 3 things in a 365 day year is hardly fatiguable(made up a word). I don't think 4 movies spaced out well will be bad either.

Once AM&W is out we don't get a MCU movie for 8months. That is going to be rough for me.

I compare it to something like Game of Thrones. There were 10 of those a year and fans are dying because they have to wait for more. Just waiting a week between episodes is torture.

Never understood the fatigue usually from people that don't like comic books in the first place.

We get 3 MCU movies a year 3 things in a 365 day year is hardly fatiguable(made up a word). I don't think 4 movies spaced out well will be bad either.

Once AM&W is out we don't get a MCU movie for 8months. That is going to be rough for me.

Roll on 4 movies a year please Marvel. One every 3 months. If someone is getting tired from 3 movies a year how do they hold down a full time job? :woot:

There is a definite hunger for a female-led MCU movie.

Yeah, I agree. The MCU is huge right now. A female superhero finally taking the lead role within that context is absolutely something that people will be excited about. Wonder Woman will help it, I think, as an additional thing. No more questions about whether it can work.

When you add in some of the other factors, like early MCU characters appearing as their younger selves, and the tie-in aspect to A4... there are a lot of hooks.

As always, of course, the movie has to deliver, but I think that it will. The concept is interesting: going back to the early days pre-Iron Man.

This is really getting me excited for Captain Marvel's prospectives. I think that movie is going to go big.
When we came out of the movie, I had to explain the CM reference. My wife isn't as big as a Marvel fan as I am, but she spent a whole 2 hours looking her up when we got home.

I have a suspicion that Captain Marvel could be bigger than Wonder Woman.

She can't have a better setup being in between IW and A4.

Pretty much a lock IMO. So much going for the movie:

-Crazy DBZ space action
-First female protagonist in MCU
-90s nostalgia
-Nick Fury
-Prelude to Avengers 4

GOTG1 numbers should be seen as a mid-range prediction.

I hope so!

It's easy to forget this now, but the buzz around Wonder Woman, prior to its release, could hardly have been worse, really. Persistent rumors that the movie was a mess. Bad vibes and skepticism about the DCEU, because of BvS and SS. "Female superhero movies don't work." "This is going to flop." Tracking for a 65M opening weekend, more or less, as I recall.

People ended up connecting with the movie, but it didn't have a lot going for it other than ultimately delivering on the quality.

That's not true for Captain Marvel. It's the opposite. Like anything, it could disappoint, but I don't think that it's likely.

I think many of you are underestimating Captain Marvel :ninja:.

Marvel Studios sits back on its throne.

thanos-on-throne.jpg

I really do think Captain Marvel getting a billion is possible. Imagine with a 90+ RT score:

150M OW
450M US
600M OS
1.05B WW

IW along with Black panther have put the MCI absolutely at the forefront of the GA’s minds. They are going to look on any MCU project wanting to be convinced to go see it and I think Cap Marvel will do fine on that front. She is being positioned as a huge MCU character.

These numbers are absolutely deserved. What a fantastic film. Hope it keeps breaking records left and right!

2002: Spider-Man - First 100m OW ever.

2008: The Dark Knight - First 150m OW ever.

2012: Avengers - First 200m OW ever.

2018: Avengers: Infinity War - First 250m OW ever.

Super Hero fatigue folks...

Spider-Man 3 was the first 150M opener actually. But... still a superhero film, so lol.

Hell yeah! Marvel fatigue where?? Haters will have to keep waiting.

IW along with Black panther have put the MCI absolutely at the forefront of the GA’s minds. They are going to look on any MCU project wanting to be convinced to go see it and I think Cap Marvel will do fine on that front. She is being positioned as a huge MCU character.
Yep.

Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange will be the new pillars.

Positioning her as the next big thing didn't work out so well in the comics, but I trust Marvel to give us a likable hero far more than what the comics side has given us of Carol the past few years.

I hope MCU Carol is popular enough that the comics base their version on the MCU's. Like how comic Stark became more like RDJ's version after 2008.

Holy crap 250M! I didn't think it was going to get TFA.

You go Marvel!

I didn't realize how much of a gap there is between this and anything else big coming out in May. This flick is pretty much a lock for number one till Deadpool. Unless somehow Overboard manages to be a sleeper.

Positioning her as the next big thing didn't work out so well in the comics, but I trust Marvel to give us a likable hero far more than what the comics side has given us of Carol the past few years.

I hope MCU Carol is popular enough that the comics base their version on the MCU's. Like how comic Stark became more like RDJ's version after 2008.
Not sure what you mean by "past few years" but no one has ever written a more likable Carol Danvers than Kelly Sue DeConnick. Which is why movie Carol will be based on her version of the character.

The comics audience is a small niche audience anyway, relatively speaking. Far more resistant to new characters coming to the forefront, or any sort of shake-up of the established hierarchy.

With Brie Larson in the lead role and Marvel Studio's flair for getting characters right, I have little doubt that the movie will work from that standpoint.

I'm really looking forward to it. There's a slightly comical side to the sameness of some of the MCU heroes, particularly the 3 characters played by a Chris. This movie has a few laughs about that. With Starlord imitating Thor, and then Cap and Thor joking about their increasingly similar appearance.

Anyway, looking forward to a big time female superhero coming into the picture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"