Inhumans

Just when Asmus is hitting his stride with All New Inhumans, the book gets cancelled. Issue 11 is the last one.
Is that for sure? :csad: I read the solicitations for September 2016, but I thought they were just teasing it but there was no official word that it would be the final issue. Newsarama only stated that Howard the Duck/Web Warriors are done in September but not All-New Inhumans.

And by the way, Mosaic is coming very soon. Not an "Inhumans" character but he is an inhuman.

And did they also cancel Karnak too?

How are the inhuman books doing sales wise.Marvel are clearly giving the Inhumans a big push at the moment.

Is that for sure? :csad: I read the solicitations for September 2016, but I thought they were just teasing it but there was no official word that it would be the final issue. Newsarama only stated that Howard the Duck/Web Warriors are done in September but not All-New Inhumans.

And by the way, Mosaic is coming very soon. Not an "Inhumans" character but he is an inhuman.

And did they also cancel Karnak too?

Asmus confirmed it himself on Twitter and I'm am SO BUMMED. I'm not sure if they are going to relaunch it under a different title or what. But if it is, it definitely sounds like Asmus, Caselli and Mossa aren't going to be on the book and I'm really bummed.

You can write to [email protected] (a bunch of Inhumans are) to let them know your disappointment. I haven't heard anything about Karnak being cancelled.

Honestly I feel like even with the push, the Inhumans (and All New Inhumans in particular) are getting so much hate flung at them from another fandom that it hurt the book's sales (this is my opinion anyway.). Though it seems to be doing pretty solidly digitally (ANI is always in the top 20 with Uncanny Inhumans usually in the top 10 on Marvels Digital comics app bestsellers list)..but I guess that's not enough.

Well that sucks. I do think sales is a big factor the cancellation of All New Inhumans. With the May sales, All New was just at #100. But with all the recent launches... there could be a new Inhumans title next year or at the end of the year. We'll see. I do think Marvel releases too many comic books per month. I feel like instead of using their time/effort for comic-books like Mosaic, Moon Girl/Dinosaur... they could use just that for Inhumans since they really want them to breakout.

Last edited:
It was at 100 but it was actually up compaired to what is was in April I think.

In other news, my LCS was sold out of Uncanny Inhumans #11 and even though I am subscribed to it, I didn't get it (along with 4 other subscribers). They under ordered it by that much.

Yeah, I didn't get it either. I'll try another place tomorrow, but I was definitely surprised by that.

Apparently people were selling it on EBay saying that LockJaw dies but he doesn't so who knows? Mosaic is pretty cool though. I am intrigued by him.

I tried several other places but it was sold out everywhere. I know my store is ordering reprints and I REALLY hope that they hold one for me this go round.

I ended up ordering it on eBay for $11. I think it's probably the most expensive single issue of a comic I've ordered including some fairly rare back issues (I buy to read, not collect, so I usually get the oldest issues in trade).

The writers of Uncanny Inhumans and Uncanny X-Men will have a panel for Marvel: Death of X in the upcoming SDCC! So I guess this would be like X-Men vs Inhumans with Cyclops as the casualty. I'm quite excited for this, I haven't seen these two interact before (well from the comics that I read) so yeah, this could be very cool if written well.

Honestly I think it's going to be pretty fantastic. Charles Soule is a great writer and I love what he's done with the Inhumans. I think both he and Cullen Bunn will turn out an excellent comic.

I finally read Son of M! and currently binge reading Secret Invasion: Inhumans, I'm down to the last two issues! I also read War of Kngs like last month I think. I don't get the praise but it was interesting to see Vulcan and Black Bolt fighting especially Vulcan is a X-Men character!

I really can't wait for Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men!

I think I v X is going to be a lot better than people are sayi g it will be. In Soule I trust.

I loved War of Kings. Now you need to read Realm of Kings :)

I finally read Son of M! and currently binge reading Secret Invasion: Inhumans, I'm down to the last two issues! I also read War of Kngs like last month I think. I don't get the praise but it was interesting to see Vulcan and Black Bolt fighting especially Vulcan is a X-Men character!

I really can't wait for Death of X and Inhumans vs X-Men!

I disliked War of Kings/Realm of Kings a lot, but it is definitely the next thing to read after Son of M and Silent War.

I think I v X is going to be a lot better than people are sayi g it will be. In Soule I trust.

I loved War of Kings. Now you need to read Realm of Kings :)

Its gonna be the best event or cross-over that Marvel has done in recent times!

If there's gonna be a casualty or death in this series, I hope its Magneto. I'm sick of that character and he's still very active in the comics and I just want him gone.

Its gonna be the best event or cross-over that Marvel has done in recent times!

If there's gonna be a casualty or death in this series, I hope its Magneto. I'm sick of that character and he's still very active in the comics and I just want him gone.

Agreed. Lots of interesting characters and a great creative team; so it has everything to be amazing.

October 2016 Solicitations
The Uncanny Inhumans #14
Death of X #1
Death of X #2

November 2016 Solicitations!
The Uncanny Inhumans #15
The Uncanny Inhumans #16
Death of X #3
Death of X #4
Inhumans vs X-Men #0

Hey guys, there is an Inhuman podcast up and starting called Attilan Rising. You can find the link link on Twitter at @attilanrising1

Do you guys remember Dewoz? His first appearance in a long time is in Civil War II: X-Men!

I do!!! It was really cool seeing him again...though looks like things didn't go so great for him in that X-Men issue.

I look forward to see more of him and the other Inhumans that were prominent in the 2003 Inhumans series. I really liked that series.

Also I'm slowly finishing the 70s The Inhumans series. I'm down to its last 6 issues.

Is there a good legitimate place to read that series? That's the one thing right now I'm trying to hunt down.

So I have read all the Inhumans series minus the Marvel Graphic Novel and Attilan Rising. The later isn't really all 616, so I'll just be reading it maybe today or tomorrow.

So the reading chronology is...
70s series
98 series
2000 mini series
2003 series
Son of M
Silent War
Secret Invasion: Inhumans
Secret Invasion: War of Kings
War of Kings
Realm of Kings: Inhumans
Infinity (Attilan scenes)
Inhumanity
Inhuman
All New Different Preview
Marvel Point One
The Uncanny Inhumans
All New Inhumans (which just ended)
Civil War II: X-Men

Is there really a must read issue that I should read, excluding the early Fantastic Four/Thor issues? And could someone help with this. In which issue/s was it shown that Attilan moved to a different place. Like moving into the Moon then going back to Earth. To me thats like the biggest missing puzzle piece. And what happened after Maximus became the leader at the end of Silent War. I really wish they had more series. This is the first year that an Inhuman series got a 15th issue without a relaunch or going back to #1.

I think they moved at the end of the 98 series, although it wasn't the first time they moved. I don't believe they moved in the graphic novel, but I think they reference the move to the moon.

I'd definitely suggest adding the Graphic Novel to that list. If you go with the By Right of Birth TPB, it has a backup story that's a direct prequel to the original Fantastic Four stories (although don't read it first). There are also a handful of Daredevil issues that are a sequel to the Graphic Novel (#272-276, 278-283). I'm not sure I'd recommend them unless you were asking for an Ahura reading order.

As far as Must Reads, I honestly think people only need to read the Fantastic Four issues (I'd throw in the wedding of Quicksilver and Crystal as well), Infinity, and Inhumanity before starting Soule's Inhuman series to be on the same page. And they can read Fantastic Four only to understand the 98 Inhuman series.

Thanks for the suggestions! Though I don't really want to read the 60s/70s Fantastic Four issues, they are just dated for me. Like the 70s Inhumans was a chore to read for me. I'll definitely try to read the Graphic Novel after Attilan Rising, Though I already read some pages of that Graphic Novel before.

I really can't wait to see the ramifications from Ivx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"