Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah look, for those throwing around Batgirl as being the same as Batman you can pretty much say the same thing regarding Supergirl/Powergirl. Did NRS actually promise anything?

No not saying that at all.

I was just stating thats what i have noticed. Using the MB within your combos can help end a fight before they begin. Most of the ppl iv played that were easy wins, tried to save their meter for one 30% supermove, where as i am doing 35%+ 2 or three times per round because of the MB. For instance a buddy of mine that i play with ALWAYS saves his super. And granted he'll snag me with it but iv already done so much damage that all it ends up doing is just making the match look like it was closer than it really was.

Not saying the Super is useless tho. I mean bad place, if i lvl 3 Venom with Bane into a combo into a super, 71% life GONE. Hah so it does have its purpose.

Sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

Yeah, I rarely use super moves. The one thing I need to get better at is starting a clash(I think that's what they're called). My timing sucks on it and I end up getting hit more.

I know I shouldn't give up with the one character I use(Grundy), but it seems like most people have him entirely figured out. Most people are scared and just stay back and spam whatever they can.

I'm having a hard time coming up with new tactics to take some of these ash holes down. It is very satisfying when I do beat one of them though.

A question for whoever reads this, preferably 360 players. I have the game on PS3 but have only come across 1 player who used Grundy so I'm wondering if there are more Grundy users on the Xbox.

The main question is, do you find it cheap if a Grundy player has you in the corner and keeps doing his power grab move right when you get up?

You can jump out of the corner once you get up to escape, but a lot of people fall for it. I've done it to someone 3-4 times straight. My problem is, I don't really want to do that often because I don't want people thinking I'm cheap. I figure it's not really cheap though because of the fact that a number of people know you can escape that trap now, so the player isn't dead in the water.

You guys keep throwing this poll around, was it an official NRS poll or was it done on one of the fan websites like the MvC3 poll? I remember ppl were using that as an "official" poll even though they kept saying "we will TRY and get this list to the devs".

I'm pretty sure it was something that Boon put out on his twitter page. he asked his followers which of the 3 girls you'd like to see in Injustice, then showed a comic cover for each. and I guess linked them to the poll.

a little while later, he posted the result with Power Girl winning a clear majority.

I don't know if you could call that exactly official. But, I'm pretty sure it did not originate from a fan site. It was from Boon himself.

here's a web article about the results.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...ad-batgirl-and-supergirl-poll-hosted-ed-boon/

it says that Boon asked his followers. then posted the image of the results which showed Power Girl winning.

and here's the actual tweet from Boon:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/261848148652220418

I don't use Twitter, so I'm not familiar how you conduct polls on Twitter.

but, this was clearly from Boon himself. You don't go on Twitter, present your followers with a choice of 3 characters, ask them to vote on it, reveal the results with 1 character winning a clear majority, then, when it comes time to including DLC, include the character who got the LEAST amount of votes.

that's.........trolling.

or, that means they already had Batgirl created and were probably trying to gauge interest. Even though it didn't go their way, they still decided to release the character as DLC.

Last edited:
some how I don't think you'll have the skirt with Supergirl, pat unless she was made her own independent character with her own costume alts. As to the poll it was on twitter I think it was on Boons from what the others said .

Last edited:
Also regarding Bats/Batgirl

Ryu,Ken,Akuma, Gouken, Dan,Sakura :o

I'm pretty sure it was something that Boon put out on his twitter page. he asked his followers which of the 3 girls you'd like to see in Injustice, then showed a comic cover for each. and I guess linked them to the poll.

a little while later, he posted the result with Power Girl winning a clear majority.

I don't know if you could call that exactly official. But, I'm pretty sure it did not originate from a fan site. It was from Boon himself.

here's a web article about the results.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...ad-batgirl-and-supergirl-poll-hosted-ed-boon/

it says that Boon asked his followers. then posted the image of the results which showed Power Girl winning.

Hah yea, id say thats kinda official. Maybe it was like someone else said, they already had Batgirl done and just hoped the poll turned out their way. Either way, he never promised hed use the winning character as DLC. As far as we know, the current characters could of gone through focus testing and even tho PG ans SG polled well, they didnt do so hot with the focus group. I mean there IS a reason behind the selection.

I can deff agree its a head scratcher, but again, its their game, maybe the staff really like Batgirl, Zod, Lobo and Scorpion.

Last edited:
Yeah look, for those throwing around Batgirl as being the same as Batman you can pretty much say the same thing regarding Supergirl/Powergirl. Did NRS actually promise anything?

right, you could say the same about all of them.

and that's what made that poll curious when it was posted.

I seem to remember that the devs were pretty much saying no "clone character." so that seemed to rule out characters like Batgirl, Supergirl, and Power Girl.

But then, they put out that poll. and I remember people ( probably on this board....lol ) questioning the choices cuz all 3 of them were essentially clone characters, and 2 of them are basically the same character.

We figured Boon was hinting at future DLC because it seemed too late to include any of those characters on the main roster.

so, when Power Girl won that poll strongly, we pretty much assumed she'd be DLC.

and Boon himself seemed to be a fan of Power Girl. He was always praising her. putting Supergirl down, etc.

so, while NRS never promised anything, of course, the signs seemed to all be pointing towards Power Girl as possible DLC.

certainly not Batgirl......

Yea its odd as bad place, that i cant argue with. I mean looking at it from a business standpoint, you want characters that you know are sure to get people to purchase. Thats why i have to believe they ran some focus groups and the words Batgirl and Scorpion, tested better than Martin Manhunter or Supergirl.

Hah yea, id say thats kinda official. Maybe it was like someone else said, they already had Batgirl done and just hoped the poll turned out their way. Either way, he never promised hed use the winning character as DLC. As far as we know, the current characters could of gone through focus testing and even tho PG ans SG polled well, they didnt do so hot with the focus group. I mean there IS a reason behind the selection.

I can deff agree its a head scratcher, but again, its their game, maybe the staff really like Batgirl, Zod, Lobo and Scorpion.

well, I'd be very curious as to what their reasons were for including those characters, besides Lobo. and maybe Boon or another dev will comment on it.

I just find it rather hard to believe, nevermind the poll, or Power Girl or Supergirl, out of all the many DC characters, for the remaining 3 DLC spots you choose Zod, Batgirl, and then a MK character Scorpion.

yeah......I'd like to know reason. If nothing else, it's a very odd choice and decision to make.

either that or they announce another batch of DLC characters.

did they ever say they are ONLY releasing 4 DLC characters and that's it? or are we just assuming that based on what they did with MK 9?

maybe there will be another batch of DLC?

well, I'd be very curious as to what their reasons were for including those characters, besides Lobo. and maybe Boon or another dev will comment on it.

I just find it rather hard to believe, nevermind the poll, or Power Girl or Supergirl, out of all the many DC characters, for the remaining 3 DLC spots you choose Zod, Batgirl, and then a MK character Scorpion.

yeah......I'd like to know reason. If nothing else, it's a very odd choice and decision to make.

either that or they announce another batch of DLC characters.

did they ever say they are ONLY releasing 4 DLC characters and that's it? or are we just assuming that based on what they did with MK 9?

They mentioned the possibility of doing a second season pass.

Then again they did the same for MK9 and we still only got one.

Boon hasnt shut the door on another DLC pack. But id find it unlikely they do another batch. Unless these 4 characters coming up have been finished for quite some time. Its possible they finished these 4, held them as DLC and are right now working on 4 more.

Then again they did the same for MK9 and we still only got one.

Yea i remember him saying oh yea we could add more right up until Freddy was revealed then it was, nope thats it. I wanted more characters and more costumes. I REALLY wanted those MK3 outfits from the Vita version.

Whats diff about Supergirl or Powergirl, you could make the same argument for them yet ppl would be ok with those 2? Yet somehow Zod and Batgirl they arent ok? I personally wouldn't want to see either PG or SG take up any kind of roster spot, however with PG's giant kitty and Supergirls tiny ash skirt, id deff like them over damn Batgirl.

I never once said I wanted PG, but I'd take her with a SG skin over Batgirl

Last edited:
surprised alot of the disappointment is on zod and babs being included and not scorpion honestly

but then i do enjoy playing as freddy in MK so who knows maybe he'll be just as fun

I never once said I wanted PG, but I'd take her with a SG skin over Batgirl

Hah, me too.

surprised alot of the disappointment is on zod and babs being included and not scorpion honestly

but then i do enjoy playing as freddy in MK so who knows maybe he'll be just as fun

I think theres plenty of disappointment with Scorpion, altho, if you didnt see that one coming, its on you.

Is there any limit as to how many DLC characters they can make?

I like Freddy too, he fits MK quite nicely. I'd love to see a fighting game featuring classic horror characters like him.

I like Freddy too, he fits MK quite nicely. I'd love to see a fighting game featuring classic horror characters like him.

i was thinking the same thing the other night, that would be great :woot:

I'm surprised people are even pissed Scorpion, or any MK character, is being put in this game.

Its not like this type of guest character inclusion is anything new. bad place, I'm saying it right now that this possible Killer Instinct reboot rumored to happen will include some non-KI guest character.

I'm surprised people are even pissed Scorpion, or any MK character, is being put in this game.

Its not like this type of guest character inclusion is anything new. bad place, I'm saying it right now that this possible Killer Instinct reboot rumored to happen will include some non-KI guest character.

Because like I said before, there are plenty of fighting games where we can play as Scorpion. We've seen what he can do and they'll most likely just be the same things here with Injustice mechanics. His spot could have gone to not just a DC character, but a character that's never been in a fighting game.

NRS next game is most likely gonna be a next gen MK anyway and Scorpion is pretty much guranteed to be in that.

Because like I said before, there are plenty of fighting games where we can play as Scorpion. We've seen what he can do and they'll most likely just be the same things here with Injustice mechanics. His spot could have gone to not just a DC character, but a character that's never been in a fighting game.

Yea i tend to agree with this, i say bring in a guest character, iv got no problem with it, but do what you did with Freddy, give us someone who hasnt been in a big AAA game before.

When they announced Freddy, at first i was like WHAAA? But then i was like, oh damn i cant wait to see how he plays. With Scorpion im kinda like, eh, i know what the dude can do.

It may not be new, but we finally got a fantastic DC fighting game. How many did we have of them so far? I really wanted them to use every available slot on DC characters, and not on guest characters that already have their own fighting game franchise.

This is bad. Not because of Batgirl but because of the possibility of Scorpion. Boon my buddy, I HAVE Mortal Kombat. I don't need Scorpion back. I want DC characters! That is why I bought this. Nobody wants to play as Scorpion dude. Nobody is going to purchase Scorpion by himself. If you had say, Martian Manhunter instead you'd make a fortune on the DLC. But I guess people have already got the Season Pass and are stuck :/
Batgirl, Power Girl, Martian Manhunter sounds good. Scorpion ugh no please. Have him be an EXTRA character not associated with the Season Pass or something...

Or seriously, have a second Season Pass and another 4 characters. Why not? I'm a huge MK fan too, I don't want Scorpion and I'm upset that I already paid for him.

I don't mind Zod because I like him as a character but at least if you had Supergirl/Power Girl she'd look different and be a female as opposed to Superman with a goatee. I'd rather have had Kara Zor-El than Barbara Gordon too. Oh well. All that is fine, it's just Scorpion that really grinds my gears.

Last edited:
Nobody wants to play as Scorpion dude. Nobody is going to purchase Scorpion by himself. If you had say, Martian Manhunter instead you'd make a fortune on the DLC.

I'd very much like to play as Scorpion and will.
Honestly, besides your opinion, why do you think NRS would make a fortune on Martian Manhunter? Don't be biased, but if you asked 10 strangers who do you think people would have heard of more? Cause MK the movie was pretty damn popular and unless you read comics you probably haven't heard of MM.

Personally in case you wonder, I'd rather have MM, but will have a blast with Scorpion if true.

Except most people who bought the game did so because it's a DC game not a MK game. I guess Boon can listen to himself and not the fans like he did with Batgirl. Are the polls intended to purposely anger the fans? Is Professor Zoom going to be a character instead of MM?
I've checked out a few sites mentioning the 4 DLC characters and nearly everyone in replies (on all these sites) are saying "Well I'm glad I didn't purchase the season pass" and stuff like that. Because when you buy Injustice: Gods Among Us you want Justice League DC Godly characters, not MK characters. Because Boon has an obsession with his neat little character he has to impose it on other people?
NRS said only DC characters will appear in the game. So I guess once the game is released and people have their Season Pass they can go back on their word. Much easier to use a character with their set moves already established than to get creative with a new one.

I don't see Scorpion being as well sold as Martian Manhunter, sorry. This is a DC game not a MK game. What the frak were they thinking? Why doesn't Boon have his own little custom game where he can import any MK character he likes? That's not why people bought this. You can ask random people on the street but I guarantee they don't own Injustice.

And yeah, if Scorpion was a DLC character outside of the season pass that would be fine. I might even purchase him later. But we're promised DC characters and got a cheap marketing campaign. Batgirl because Batman is hugely popular that makes 8 Batman characters. Zod because MOS is coming out. And Scorpion to remind everyone that Boon created Mortal Kombat. Maybe it'll get the DC fans who only bought Injustice into Mortal Kombat just in time for MK10.

We already know all the moves they're going to have. Zod will fly, have laser beams, maybe some flying grab moves (just with a different angle or something). Batgirl will have gadgets and karate moves. Scorpion will have his spear and teleport.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"