Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird...I posted about that, too, but it disappeared?

My first reaction was one of joy, but to be honest it's a bit of a stupid move. I'd much rather they buffed the crappy characters so they could better deal with DS's nonsense than nerf DS himself. By nerfing DS, you essentially make him crappier and the crappy cast is still just as crap. It's one big crap fest.

Top tier characters can already deal with DS's garbage anyway, so they should've just buffed the crap characters who had trouble with zoners (like Bane) instead.

DS is one of my favorite characters in the game and I don't play online for this game,So this could suck for me!!

Mentioning Raven was relevant to the topic. Out of all the female characters in this game she has taken the most slack over her appearance. So when CB Fan mentioned that NRS could of improved the female cast I mentioned her in my statement. I also mentioned WW and Killer Frost so it wasn't like I made the whole discussion about Raven. But to the more personal subject, I really don't see how my post are "freaky" it's kinda obvious I like Raven since my avatar is her and I mentioned awhile back that she was my favorite DC character. I mean when is it a bad thing to show support? I really see it being no different than a Batman fan posting in the Batman forums all day, the same could be said "does he ever post anything without mentioning Batman?" When discussing a fighting game characters get brought up. I only use Raven and Killer Frost right now so they get the most attention from me. I'm not upset by no means, but I do want to say that saying its "freaky" simply because I talk about my favorite character is kinda rude.

Lastly yes I have made post without mentioning her to answer your question.

I'd lie if I said I am interested in reading this reply!

IMO people overreacted to Deathstroke, and unfortunately it seems that so did NetherRealm.

Can't wait to try Batgirl, hopefully she's good. I really need to learn another character, i've been using only one character so far in versus matches. I don't understand people who are able to use multiple characters and actually be decent with them. Just a matter of practice i guess.

What's being done to Deathstroke? EDIT: Nevermind, read previous page. :doh:

after learning deathstroke's moves and how to counter them effectively with my mains, i don't like the idea of a patch

I can't counter anything of Deathstroke's, but that's the fault of my main, not Deathstroke himself. NRS actually did the same thing to Kano in MK9: he had awesome zoning and casual players complained, so they nerfed him into the dirt and he became the worst character.

It's weird because NRS said they wouldn't nerf top tier characters but they would instead buff low tier characters to make them viable, but now the nerf bat is incoming lol

I'm not sure if you all are aware of this, but while we're too busy complaining about Deathstroke, there's actually an even bigger problem. Something that can give almost every character in the game a problem.

Gt
[YT]ZFagNB6eKEo[/YT]

So beware of any Cyborg players. I've come across a few that just did this the entire match and they all beat me.

I can't watch that on my phone but I really don't need to to know what that jackass is doing.

I've only foughten a few Cyborgs and luckily only one of them pulled some bull **** like that.

I might just learn that to beat the battle mode match where the AI is set to very hard. That one is ridiculous!

Last edited:
I wonder what other tweaks and changes are coming w/ the patch. Boon sent out a tweet saying that the rage quit issue will be fixed. Also, the same source that provided the DS info also mentioned that Sinestro is getting a buff to his trait (the orbital sphere that can shoot 3 lasers, knocking back the opponent on hit.) Supposedly it will now charge 35% faster.

I'm sure there will be other adjustments to different characters. Hopefully NRS will release some patch notes tomorrow.

I wonder what other tweaks and changes are coming w/ the patch. Boon sent out a tweet saying that the rage quit issue will be fixed. Also, the same source that provided the DS info also mentioned that Sinestro is getting a buff to his trait (the orbital sphere that can shoot 3 lasers, knocking back the opponent on hit.) Supposedly it will now charge 35% faster.

I'm sure there will be other adjustments to different characters. Hopefully NRS will release some patch notes tomorrow.

I can't believe they're giving Sinestro a buff. I really don't think he needs one. I just hope they don't nerf Grundy. I'm pretty damn good with him, but it's still an uphill battle against a number of players.

I'm curious as to how they are going to punish cry baby quitters. I think it should count as a win for you since you were most likely kicking their ass if you made them quit.

I can't counter anything of Deathstroke's, but that's the fault of my main, not Deathstroke himself. NRS actually did the same thing to Kano in MK9: he had awesome zoning and casual players complained, so they nerfed him into the dirt and he became the worst character.

It's weird because NRS said they wouldn't nerf top tier characters but they would instead buff low tier characters to make them viable, but now the nerf bat is incoming lol

You misspelled "cheap ass spamming"

Exactly!

There was this one elitist *****e on another forum who corrected someone about spamming. He said something along the lines of "It's zoning. Calling someone a spammer is just an excuse for you not being able to over come his basic attacks."

Although I've gotten better at certain spammers like DS and Superman, there is a difference between zoning and spamming and spamming is bull ****.

I'm curious as to how they are going to punish cry baby quitters. I think it should count as a win for you since you were most likely kicking their ass if you made them quit.

I think all they need to do is make it so that the quitter takes a loss and the non-quitter gets a win. This issue has driven me crazy. Every time I do really well I cannot get to the end of a fight. It really pisses me off when I lose the first match and, when we re-match, I'm about to take the second fight right before the rage quit happens.

I picked Batman on a fight yesterday and got a quit a second after I selected my character.

I think all they need to do is make it so that the quitter takes a loss and the non-quitter gets a win. This issue has driven me crazy. Every time I do really well I cannot get to the end of a fight. It really pisses me off when I lose the first match and, when we re-match, I'm about to take the second fight right before the rage quit happens.

I picked Batman on a fight yesterday and got a quit a second after I selected my character.

Hahaha! I've had that happen a few times when I pick Grundy. I love that I put the fear in someone before we even start playing.

I agree that it should count as a win for the person who didn't quit. Honestly, it can get annoying when people rage quit, but it makes me smile and laugh knowing that somewhere, someone is nerd raging.

What does "nerf" mean? To weaken a character?

Exactly!

There was this one elitist *****e on another forum who corrected someone about spamming. He said something along the lines of "It's zoning. Calling someone a spammer is just an excuse for you not being able to over come his basic attacks."

Although I've gotten better at certain spammers like DS and Superman, there is a difference between zoning and spamming and spamming is bull ****.

I'm kind of weird by what upsets me. If a character fights like they would in the comics then I'm cool with the play-style in the game. If Sinestro or Deathstroke try to zone all day and use cheap tactics then I'm fine with it. If Superman runs and zones all day then I get pissed off.

I'd lie if I said I am interested in reading this reply!

Well if you are not even interested in what I have to say don't start the conversation to begin with, at this point it just feels like you are trying to troll me. So I'll just end it at this, I'll talk about Raven as much as I want, because no one else has a problem with it, because talking about your favorite character more so than others is what just about everyone does.

So on another note, I'm thinking about learning Sinestro since apparently he is getting buffed, I thought he was good enough as it is. So I def want to learn him now.

Lol as lame as zoning is it's a part of all fighting games. Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam all have ways of getting in on Deathstroke's zoning. Hell even Grundy can get in with the right trait management.

The problem isn't as much with Deathstroke's zoning as it is with the weaknesses of other characters. For example, Shazam blows ass at getting in, but it's not just Deathstroke's insane zoning that causes it, it's because Shazam gets literally no armor on any of his moves and he just gets blown up as a result.

NRS should be buffing **** characters like Shazam and Bane, etc. to give them more tools to deal with Deathstroke's BS instead of taking Deathstroke's tools away. Now, I'll still get bodied by Deathstroke if I use Bane but meanwhile Deathstroke just gets more crappy matchups against S-tier guys like Superman and Aquaman. It's like a lose lose.

Lol as lame as zoning is it's a part of all fighting games. Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam all have ways of getting in on Deathstroke's zoning. Hell even Grundy can get in with the right trait management.

The problem isn't as much with Deathstroke's zoning as it is with the weaknesses of other characters. For example, Shazam blows ass at getting in, but it's not just Deathstroke's insane zoning that causes it, it's because Shazam gets literally no armor on any of his moves and he just gets blown up as a result.

NRS should be buffing **** characters like Shazam and Bane, etc. to give them more tools to deal with Deathstroke's BS instead of taking Deathstroke's tools away. Now, I'll still get bodied by Deathstroke if I use Bane but meanwhile Deathstroke just gets more crappy matchups against S-tier guys like Superman and Aquaman. It's like a lose lose.

I agree that some buffs are warranted. The Bane players on here woudl know what he needs better than me but, from what I can tell, Bane needs a buff to his trait in that he shouldn't be punished so hard for it's use after the venom expires. Also, his charge should be cancellable into into some other moves so he's not so predictable. I blow up Bane every time he charges w/ Batman's parry....it's kind of sad really. I'd be more interested in using Bane if he had a more viable way to get in.

As for Shazam, a good start would be to give his teleport a faster start-up or some invincibility and to tighten some of the gaps in his strings.

What are the chances of getting a Arkham Origins Deathstroke skin? :D

What are the chances of getting a Arkham Origins Deathstroke skin? :D

This would be awesome! I would think the chances of an Arkham Origins skin pack are pretty good considering we know WB let them use Arkham City models. I'm guessing we will see something like this during the Season 2 stage of DLC...aprox. the same time as Arkham Origins is launching.

And let's not forget a new Arkham Origins skin for Batman.

Is there any trick to beating the impossible battle? Cause I get about halfway through and then they just become ruthless out if nowhere.

so it looks like Power Girl got the 3rd lowest # of votes in that so-called poll........:waa:

but wait!!! by NRS logic, that means she has a chance!!! :oldrazz:

anyways, I finished the story over the weekend. got my Godfall costume unlocked!!!

overall, I really enjoyed the story, even if it did get kind of repetitive and formulaic ( basically, each chapter was facing off against 2 henchmen. then move to another location/switch character, and face off with 2 more henchmen, etc. ).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back