Injustice: Gods Among Us - The comic tie in.

Wise

Watchtower Janitor
Reaction score
Is anyone else actually really enjoying this title?

I know it's had it's stupid moments like Nightwing's death, but issues like Green Arrow/Harley, The Flash in Australia, Batman's identity being exposed have me hooked.

The art hasn't been great all the time, in fact in some issues it's quite subpar, but it's like an ongoing Silver Age "What If?" story but with a gritty tone.

Year 2 just started. I liked the first issue. The dialogue between Canary and Superman was great. Despite this book having cheesy origins, the dialogue can be great at times.

Yeah this has actually been my #1 book since it started. Loving it.

I didn't know it was going to be an ongoing so I was a tad dissapointed because I wanted a finite end and now it's going for year two. It's god but not good enough that it can't just be trade waited in my eyes.

I figured it was supposed to be a 12 issue tie in for the game. Why is it still on going? They've finished releasing everything for the game awhile ago.

I figured it was supposed to be a 12 issue tie in for the game. Why is it still on going? They've finished releasing everything for the game awhile ago.

I guess it sells well. Or well enough to do a Year 2.

Haven't read year 2 issue 1 yet but it's been a really good series.

I love this series. I'm glad it is still going on. Year 2 has started off pretty good so far.

The series explains why Damian of Earth 2 chose to dress like a red Nightwing?

I love how Superman , Wonder Woman, Green lantern, and Shazam lifted up Atlantis and placed the whole city in the Syrian desert. That definitely put Aquaman in his place. I felt really bad for him. However, I felt good when Alfred put Superman in his place. Heroic Brutality!!! lol!

The series explains why Damian of Earth 2 chose to dress like a red Nightwing?

Damian Wayne doesn't exist on Earth 2 and this series has absolutely nothing to do with Earth 2. It takes place in it's own self contained universe.

I think they want to cover each of the 5 years in between Superman killing Joker all the way to the beginning of the game's story.

As for my own thoughts on the title, really enjoying it. :cool::up:

this series is all i have left of hope in DC.

i LOVE this book!

LOL I wouldn't recommend reading the latest issue if you're a fan of Kyle Raynor.

What happens to him :exp:

Basically it shows Kyle returning to Earth after a year long mission in space. Sinestro and the yellow lanterns ambush him en route and Sinestro severs his ring finger while they're floating in space. Kyle dies of exposure to the vacuum of space and then the yellow lanterns pull the arms and legs off his frozen corpse. It's pretty morbid.

Also apparently he goes commando under his suit :oldrazz:

I like Kyle Rayner but that part made me laugh. They really aren't holding back and taking advantage of the fact that anything really could happen in this alternate continuity. That's what Elseworlds are supposed to do.

Basically it shows Kyle returning to Earth after a year long mission in space. Sinestro and the yellow lanterns ambush him en route and Sinestro severs his ring finger while they're floating in space. Kyle dies of exposure to the vacuum of space and then the yellow lanterns pull the arms and legs off his frozen corpse. It's pretty morbid.

Also apparently he goes commando under his suit :oldrazz:

Wow. Thats pretty ruthless man lol Thanks for letting me know.

So does this comic take place all before the start of the game? After the game? Does it ignore the game? How does it fit in?

So does this comic take place all before the start of the game? After the game? Does it ignore the game? How does it fit in?

It all takes place in the alternate universe of the game.

It chronicles the 5 years between when the Joker kills Lois and destroys Metropolis to when the JLA from the main universe arrive.

Tom Taylor is doing amazing work !

I was rather surprised that not many were reading this series and for a long time there was no thread about this comic series here..

Though those familiar with games will know certain plot points, still the way he has developed the story makes it interesting.

I love this book !

Very sorry to hear Taylor is leaving though, he's a very good storyteller
(check out Earth 2).

Anyway, the ending of Year 2
with Superman turning yellow lantern and killing Ganthet and Mogo, was pure awesomeness

What a cracker of an ending!

Year Three has been awesome so far. The whole thing has been good. Can't wait for Year Four.

Just read year 5 issue 26. I don't understand significance of the birth certificate. Anybody able to explain????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"