Inspirations from other martial arts movies you'd like to see

Hey, speaking as an Asian myself, if I had to fight 30 men hand to hand at the same time, John Saxon is the one and only white guy I'd want backing me up. :ali:

Did John Saxon make that much of a difference to the fight? :o

Anyway, I'd like a scene like this in the movie where Shang Chi has to fight all of Mandarin's henchmen:

And then followed by a scene like this where Shang Chi takes on Mandarin himself:

Maybe they can even have some kind of mystical equivalent of the famous hall of mirrors fight.

Simu Liu already has an ability that Bruce Lee was never able to master in Enter The Dragon: the ability to pronounce "Brathwaite."

Enter the Dragon
The Raid 2

My two favorite martial arts movies of all time.

I continue to find it disturbing that, for a character who has been a wuxia superhuman martial artist since the beginning, everyone seems to want to draw inspiration from some of the most grounded, unfantastical martial arts films. . .

I continue to find it disturbing that, for a character who has been a wuxia superhuman martial artist since the beginning, everyone seems to want to draw inspiration from some of the most grounded, unfantastical martial arts films. . .

Because ones like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or House of Flying Daggers or all the films with tons of gravity-defying wirework don't look impressive at all. They don't show off the skill of the martial artist but just look like excessive special effects. It's like wanting to see CGI stunts instead of real practical stunts.

Anyone can run about in mid air with the assistance of wires and look fantastical, but it takes greater skill and expertise to look good doing proper fighting.

Maybe they can even have some kind of mystical equivalent of the famous hall of mirrors fight.

You mean like this?
Movie-Loki-Movie-Aldrich-Killiancombinationscene.jpg

Because ones like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or House of Flying Daggers or all the films with tons of gravity-defying wirework don't look impressive at all. They don't show off the skill of the martial artist but just look like excessive special effects. It's like wanting to see CGI stunts instead of real practical stunts.

Anyone can run about in mid air with the assistance of wires and look fantastical, but it takes greater skill and expertise to look good doing proper fighting.

This is essentially analogous to saying "That armor Tony is supposed to wear can only be done with CGI, and that isn't impressive. So lets just get rid of it from our adaptation of Iron Man." If you are unable or unwilling to adapt the wuxia martial arts of a. . . wuxia martial artist? Then you really shouldn't be adapting that character in the first place, anymore than you shouldn't adapt Superman if your not willing to have him fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"