Intercompany comic x-overs you would like to see on film

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
I looked to see if there was a related thread. I couldn't find any, so... what intracompany comic crossovers would you love to see made on film? It doesn't have to be all Marvel/DC crossovers. (Most of them would be hard to pull off due to studio disputes over domestic/international distribution and profit sharing, as we saw with the spat with Sony and Disney over profit sharing over the third MCU Spidey movie.)

Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man (WB/Sony)
Justice League/Power Rangers (WB/Paramount)
JLA vs. Avengers (WB/Disney)
Spider-Man and Batman or Batman and Spider-Man (Sony/WB)
Star Trek/Green Lantern (Paramount/WB)
Green Lantern Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances (WB/Disney)
Superman/Fantastic Four (WB/Disney)

I know I'm missing some of the more ludicrous ones like the Archie/Punisher crossovers, but I'm picking ones that studios would probably look at later on.

I looked to see if there was a related thread. I couldn't find any, so... what intracompany comic crossovers would you love to see made on film? It doesn't have to be all Marvel/DC crossovers. (Most of them would be hard to pull off due to studio disputes over domestic/international distribution and profit sharing, as we saw with the spat with Sony and Disney over profit sharing over the third MCU Spidey movie.)

Superman vs. the Amazing Spider-Man (WB/Sony)
Justice League/Power Rangers (WB/Paramount)
JLA vs. Avengers (WB/Disney)
Spider-Man and Batman or Batman and Spider-Man (Sony/WB)
Star Trek/Green Lantern (Paramount/WB)
Green Lantern Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances (WB/Disney)
Superman/Fantastic Four (WB/Disney)

I know I'm missing some of the more ludicrous ones like the Archie/Punisher crossovers, but I'm picking ones that studios would probably look at later on.
I don't think WB would be interested in collaboration with Paramount (who constantly keep releasing their big budget movies against DC movie). Same for Disney/Sony properties.
Are there any Universal Studios properties ? I can see CBS and Universal properties crossover with DC.

Like - Star Trek/ Green Lantern.

I don't think WB would be interested in collaboration with Paramount (who constantly keep releasing their big budget movies against DC movie). Same for Disney/Sony properties.
Are there any Universal Studios properties ? I can see CBS and Universal properties crossover with DC.

Like - Star Trek/ Green Lantern.

Paramount has worked with WB on several films: Interstellar, Watchmen, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Friday the 13th.

They have a history together. Hell, WB took domestic on Blade Runner 2049 while Sony took international. Granted, that was distribution rights rather than 50-50 split.

Paramount has worked with WB on several films: Interstellar, Watchmen, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Friday the 13th.

They have a history together. Hell, WB took domestic on Blade Runner 2049 while Sony took international. Granted, that was distribution rights rather than 50-50 split.
That was several years ago when Jeff Robinov was the President of WB. Paramount too, was fairly cooperative then.

The thread is purely speculative. The only way I could see the studios coming together to pull off is if the superhero genre is in decline, much like comics in the 1990s were.

Either that or maybe if a high in demand director wants to do it.

That was several years ago when Jeff Robinov was the President of WB. Paramount too, was fairly cooperative then.

Paramount is sharing distribution with Fox/Disney over Terminator Dark Fate, so the possibility is still there. I don’t remember Jim Gianapolos doing a lot of co-productions at his tenure at Fox before he moved to Paramount.

I really like to see some crossovers between DC/Marvel superheroes against Japan's Toei Superhero such as Kamen Rider, Metal Heroes, and Super Sentai.

I feel Iron Man could mess well with the world of Metal Heroes.

Though in Toei universe, there are no super team like The Avengers or Justice League.

I think if the Russo Brothers wanted to direct JLA/Avengers, both Disney and WB would be on board. They would have to figure out the details, but if that were to happen, both companies would do a 50-50 split with WB taking domestic and Disney taking international distribution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"