Interesting Movie Trivia...

Dark Donnie

Kenny Powers is Back!
Reaction score
Does anyone have any interesting movie trivia??

I'll start

Daniel Day Lewis
Daniel Day Lewis was Jonathan Demme's first choice for the part of Andrew Beckett in Philadelphia (1993).

After Michael Madsen was found to be unavailable for the part, Day-Lewis tried to get the role of Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction (1994), one of the few times he actively pursued a part. However, by that point in the casting, Quentin Tarantino had John Travolta in mind for the part

No Country For Old Men

Heath Ledger had been in talks to play Llewelyn Moss, but withdrew to take "some time off" instead.

Joel Coen and Ethan Coen refused to give Josh Brolin an audition for the movie, so he asked director Robert Rodriguez to help him shoot an audition tape. Rodriguez shot and Quentin Tarantino directed the tape, which was shot in a $950,000 digital camera.

As a joke, one bat suit was made with nipples. It was presented to Christian Bale as the real bat suit, but he knew instantly it was a joke, having seen a few design pictures during preproduction. He did pose for some publicity photos in the "nipple" suit.

The original Assault on Precinct 13 features a scene where a little girl gets shot. The MPAA gave it an NC 17 for this scene. Carpenter took out the scene and got it re-rated to R. He then reentered the scene and sent the prints to the theaters.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle is the first R-rated movie to have a fast food sponsorship.

Bruce Willis was 5th in line to play John McLane, is most famous role. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Richard Gere, and Burt Reynolds were all offered the role in that order. this goes the same for many actors and their most famous roles:

Stuart Townsend was the original Aragorn before Viggo replaced him.
Dougary Scott was the first Wolverine before Hugh Jackman replaced him.
Frank Sinatra backed out of Dirty Harry because he didnt like the gun.
OJ Simpson was offered the role as Terminator and Lance Henriksen was also offered it and accepted it before Arnold stepper in.
Sylvester was going to play Axel Foley, when he left it was re-tooled for Eddie Murphy.

Lance Henriksen as The Terminator would have been....interesting I guess

In the famous line-up scene in the Usual Suspects, none of the actors felt like sticking to the script, and just goofed off. After two days of shooting, Bryan Singer didn't have a single usable take, so he instead reimagined the scene as having the characters goofing off to screw with the cops, and selected the funniest takes.

Stargate is the first movie with an official website.

I read this yesterday....

A HIstory of Violence is the last major motion film captured on VHS

Wil Smith turned down the role of Neo in the Matrix.
Tom Selleck was originally pursued by Spielberg & Lucas to play Indiana Jones, but it conflicted with his agreement to do Magnum P.I.
O.J Simpson passed over for the role of the terminator because producers feared he wouldn't be taken seriously as a killer. :dry:

Wil Smith turned down the role of Neo in the Matrix.
Tom Selleck was originally pursued by Spielberg & Lucas to play Indiana Jones, but it conflicted with his agreement to do Magnum P.I.
O.J Simpson passed over for the role of the terminator because producers feared he wouldn't be taken seriously as a killer. :dry:

I guess he showed them. lol

Bob Hoskins studied his young niece who had imaginary friends in preparation for Who Framed Roger Rabbit. He claimed he hallucinated for some time afterward.

While filming Frighteners, Michael J Fox kept referring to the Judge as "Doc"

The band Fountains of Wayne, who wrote "Stacy's Mom," won a competition to write and record the title song for That Thing You Do

As most know....Eric Stoltz was originally cast as Marty McFly, but later replaced by Micheal J Fox

Pulp Fiction
When Vincent plunes the syringe into Mia's chest, it was filmed with Travolta pulling the needle out, then running the film backwards.

When you're introduced to the first scene of Pulp Fiction, including 'Hunnybunny' and 'Pumpkin', you can see Vincent going to the toilets in the background. You can also hear Jules for a few seconds.

Jaws
Spielberg named the shark 'Bruce', after his lawyer.

The Godfather Part II is the first sequel to have a number in the title. Probably influenced the likes of the French Connection II a few years later

Prior to that, most sequels would have different titles (Bride of Frankenstein for example). This

Benicio Del Toro was originally cast as Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999). After the majority of the character's lines were removed from the script by George Lucas, Benicio left the project.

Is this true?

As a joke, one bat suit was made with nipples. It was presented to Christian Bale as the real bat suit, but he knew instantly it was a joke, having seen a few design pictures during preproduction. He did pose for some publicity photos in the "nipple" suit.

pics or it didnt happen

In Dead Men's Chest, Orlando Bloom was given a different version of the script, as it did not explain or show the kiss scene between Jack Sparrow & Elizabeth Swann. The look on his face as he's climbing off the ship is genuine.

So is the genuine look on all the actors faces as they see Capt. Barbossa step down the staircase in the end, as the script said that Zoe Saldana's character from first movie was going to come down.

As most know....Eric Stoltz was originally cast as Marty McFly, but later replaced by Micheal J Fox

Some of the long shots of Mcfly and doc next to the car in the film are still Stoltz, they never refilmed them, he's uncredited, but he's still technically in the film.

In The Departed, the rat on the railing in the end is completely cgi.

- X's are placed throughout the movie to hint a character's death (or to mark a character for death so to speak) Examples: The beginning side pan of Sullivan over his balcony w/ coffee marks him completely at the last second, Costigan walking in the jail inmate line, Queenan falling from the apartment building (X's on windows), In the elevator at the clmax behind Costigan, On the carpet floor out the elevator as Sullivan returns from the store in the end; This is all a nod to the 1932 Scarface.

The scene in the restaurant where Costello talks to Costigan about a rat, Jack Nicholson dropping the gun under the table then putting it to DiCaprio's face was completely improved by Nicholson. The look of surprise and fear is genuine on DiCaprio. (I hope it wasnt real haha)

Mark Wahlberg admits that his character of Sgt. Dignam is completely modeled after his mother.

In The Shining, the line "Here's Johnny!" was completely improved by Jack Nicholson.

Who knew that one of the most famous lines from a horror movie was improved, thats crazy.

I'm sure a lot of people already know this one but in honor of his death.

Roy Scheider improved the line "Where going to need a bigger boat" in Jaws.

Anyone know why Stolz was replaced with Michael J Fox?

In The Shining, the line "Here's Johnny!" was completely improved by Jack Nicholson.

Who knew that one of the most famous lines from a horror movie was improved, thats crazy.

Jack improv's alot of his stuff.

As does will ferrell (not in the same league i knoe but thought i'd mention it)

Ang lee did all the motion capture of the HUlk for 2003's Hulk

I'm sure a lot of people already know this one but in honor of his death.

Roy Scheider improved the line "Where going to need a bigger boat" in Jaws.

Anyone know why Stolz was replaced with Michael J Fox?

he was replaced after eight weeks of filming, when Michael J. Fox (the director's first choice for the role) agreed to divide time between the movie and his television sitcom, Family Ties. The director, Robert Zemeckis, has said that while Stoltz provided an admirable performance, it lacked the humorous feel that Zemeckis was looking for. Some of the original footage (shots where Stoltz doesn't appear, but was on set) was used in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"