Interview with Jeffrey Dean Morgan

waylayer

Civilian
Reaction score
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13644.html

A quick recap of the article:

1) JDM really enjoys playing an S.O.B. while chomping on a cigar.
2) Zach Snyder may be hopped up on something to get through filming at this rate.
3) The costumes are so authentic that they simply ripped pages from the graphic novel and stapled them onto the actors' bodies.
4) The article's author has never heard of a spell/grammar check.
5) Zach Snyder now has a copy of Watchmen surgically attached to his left hand (he's THAT passionate!).
6) JDM has a potty mouth.

---------------------
UPDATE

There is now a second interview with JDM here*:

http://movies.about.com/od/watchmen/a/watchmen121407.htm

It's a little meatier than the first, but with half the fat (oh the hilarity!).

Here's a quick recap:

1) JDM realizes that saying "the Watchmen" when referring to the Watchmen movie is wrong, or something.
2) The NYC set is only 5 acres smaller than Michael Vick's property.
3) JDM must be a speed reader (20 times?!).
4) Unlike the first article, this one was written by someone where English is their first language.
5) Upon visiting the set, Dave Gibbons cried like he just saw Bambi for the first time.
6) JDM realizes that the Cheeto-laden weight of the Watchmen geeks is upon their shoulders to deliver (woops, I used "the").
7) Zach Snyder "trolls" Watchmen message boards. Zach, if you're reading this, please don't waste your time. We really are just a bunch of humanoids with little to add to the world.

*I assure everyone that I am not a closet member of the Jeffrey Dean Morgan fan club.

Sweet. :yay:

"The costumes are so authentic that they simply ripped pages from the graphic novel and stapled them onto the actors' bodies."

:woot:

Awesome!

I'm one of those bitters that wish they never made this into a movie, but with the sets photos and things like this, one can't help but get excited against his will...

Oh, what the hell. I'm hyped.

2) Zach Snyder may be hopped up on something to get through filming at this rate.
3) The costumes are so authentic that they simply ripped pages from the graphic novel and stapled them onto the actors' bodies.
5) Zach Snyder now has a copy of Watchmen surgically attached to his left hand (he's THAT passionate!).

I agree. It was a pain reading through that, but still, a nice little interview.

morgan doesn't add a lot more in the shh interview , but there is a Butler bit at the end of the article:

EXCL: Morgan and Butler Talk Watchmen
Source: Heather Newgen December 8, 2007

Zack Snyder's take on Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' graphic novel Watchmen is still over a year away, but at the L.A. junket for the upcoming Warner Bros. romantic comedy P.S. I Love You, ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype had a chance to sit down with actors Jeffrey Dean Morgan--Kathryn Heigl's ailing beau on "Grey's Anatomy"--and Gerard Butler (you might remember him from another comic movie earlier this year), who play Hilary Swank's love interests. We made sure to ask them about their roles in Snyder's upcoming movie, or in Butler's case, whether he might have a role or not.

Morgan was sporting a mustache for his role as the masked vigilante The Comedian, and he told us how that production has been going. "It's good. It's crazy. It's unlike anything I've ever been a part of and it's such a departure for me from anything I've done recently. They guy I'm playing is a little short on the moral end so it's rough. He doesn't have any; he has no morals. There's days that are rough. It's a stretch sometimes."

Despite the Comedian's lack of morals, he's not the bad guy of the film. "Oddly enough, he's a superhero, but he does horrible things. For some reason, in reading the novel, you don't hate this guy even though he does things that are unmentionable. They are horrendous things. My job is to kind of make that translate, so as a viewer you end up not making excuses to like him, but you don't hate him like you should for doing the things that he does. It's a tough one. It's hard."

"I'm nervous as hell," he said about the movie, knowing how much anticipation there is for Snyder's next big film. "We're still filming and there's pressure. It's beyond anything I've ever been a part of that's for sure."

A bit later we spoke to Gerard Butler, who commented on Zack's desire to film the graphic novel's concurrent pirate comic book story as something specifically for the DVD. "I know they were talking about that and at one point that part was cut from the film because of budget," Butler told us, "but then they were talking about it again so I don't know. They are right in the middle of the main body of the film and at this point I'm not sure. But even a tiny little thing I would do for Zach Snyder. He's my boy."

Watchmen is scheduled to open on March 6, 2009. You can see more with the actors from P.S. I Love You over on ComingSoon.net before its opening on December 21.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6586

I only saw one f bomb in the article. That hardly qualifies as a potty mouth.

He also said the word "hell." Now I'm not sure about anyone else, but my eyes sure bled when I read that. A bar of Life Boy is in order, if you ask me.

The guy seems to appreciate the ambivalence surrounding his character, though.

Which is a relief. I mean, I have never seen "Grey's Anatomy"*, but I have a feeling it's fawking ****ty. So, initally, I was nervous when I heard about this guy.

* Unless we're talking about the unseminal, not-a-bang-but-a-whimper of a career-killer Matthew Modine vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"