Inuyasha sequel series

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by terry78, May 8, 2020.

1. terry78 We are the Flintstone Kids

2. scarlet-witch Stormborn

I LOVE Inuyasha and I was so psyched when I saw "Inuyasha Sequel" trending on Twitter...

Now I'm terrified. I read the character bios and they sound super lame and fan fic-y, then there's the question of who is the mother of Sesshomaru's children. If they make it Rin, it will absolutely ruin the character for me. I'm so worried they're going to do something dumb and disgusting like that.

3. TheVileOne Registered

I hope Rin is not their mother as well. Then again, not a huge fan. Also, Kagome and Inuyasha's daughter grew up without knowing their parents. So either Inuyasha and Kagome are dead, or she was separated from her parents at birth, which kind of ruins the idyllic, romantic ending that Rumiko Takahashi gave her original storyline.

scarlet-witch likes this.
  4. scarlet-witch Stormborn

THIS! I think it would be a mistake to make a sequel and not have the titular character appear in it. Kohaku is still alive so we know centuries haven't passed or anything like that, but it begs the question why that kid would grow up alone? Like you said, it ruins the romantic ending if one or both or dead, and if they are alive, why isn't their kid with them? Are we really going to think Kagome would conform to any societal standard of not raising her own child? Was she stolen? What is going on?

I just have so many questions. :funny:

TheVileOne likes this.
  5. childeroland Registered

Love the first show. Hopefully, this will be better than it sounds.

6. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

I love how "Sesshomaru F$#@KS?" became a meme in 2020

and yes since his daughters are half demons...odds are Rin is the Mom....which is yuck. Apparently there was a Radio drama in Japan about Sesshomaru talking to a slightly older Rin that they didn't have to rush into things and the two are popular in Japan.

So begins Fluffy Allen.

Kagura did not die for this SMH.

scarlet-witch and TheVileOne like this.
  7. TheVileOne Registered

I got to be honest, I'm not too enthusiastic about the idea of Sesshoumaru and Rin if that's the case. Always came off like fanfic trash to me.

I'm not convinced a sequel to this was necessary, but we'll see. Honestly, I was always fairly mixed on the original Inuyasha. I thought the show got repetitive and slow after a while and just started spinning its wheels. The climax of Band of Seven for example. It was this big epic long-spanning arc, but it felt like the ending went nowhere. Just same **** different day. So the anime actually had to just end in the MIDDLE OF THE STORY just so they could let Takahashi actually finish and figure out an actual ending.

Just for example, Naraku got really boring as a villain after a while. Inuyasha and Kagome as a relationship was badly written and what I mean by that it seems like every time they took two steps forward, they took five steps back. Just for example, the binding spell where she makes him sit. I think a pretty amazing progression would've been to do away with it at some point. I think they even make it a plot point in one of the movies and the binding necklace gets broken apart, only for it to get put back together and placed on his neck again. I realize the movies are filler and they can't alter the status quo of the regular series, but that felt like a cruel move for Kagome to do that. It felt like a violation of trust.

Also, here's another thing that never sat well with me. We meet Kouga after he's just slaughtered a whole village of innocent humans. Then the show ends up making Kouga a hero. And the fact that he's introduced having slaughtered a whole village of humans is never brought up ever again. IMHO that's bad writing and storytelling.

KaijuDude1992 and scarlet-witch like this.
  8. Boy Scout Registered

Meh. I loved - LOVED - Inuyasha growing up, so I’m not opposed to the idea of a sequel series, but this one sounds less than exciting. And I’m not here for Sesshomaru/Rin so I hope that didn’t happen.

9. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

Pretty much my exact thoughts as well. I remember back in the day I stopped caring about the anime because it was the definition of "spinning its wheels" and I was reading the manga more out of obligation than enjoyment. Though the manga did have its moments toward the end (most of them involving sesshomaru oddly enough) that hit pretty hard. Kagura's death...still one of the most bittersweet death's ive read in manga.

THAT being said. From what I've read and seen of the new show/premise...its got some promise and its got my curiosity. I think putting Sesshomaru's kids in the forefront is actually the smarter move. Because with spinn-off sequels..usually the more you can distance yourself from the previous cast the better.

See Zeta Gundam.

KaijuDude1992 and TheVileOne like this.
  10. Detective Conan Registered

I like Inuyasha, and was totally nuts for it when I was younger but as pointed out before it is an extremely repetitive series which makes it tedious at times. My favorite arc is the Band Of Seven arc since it felt like the first real epic saga of the series for me. Bonkotsu, was a far better antagonist than Naraku(who got boring after awhile). Naraku was basically the Lord Voldemort of the Inuyasha series, and now that you don’t have him anymore then who’s going to be your next bad guy? Unless, they ditch having a clear main bad guy and do it like DBZ where there is a central bad guy for each new arc, and none that lasts throughout the entire series, I’m quite unsure how this is going to work.

Either way, I can’t say I’m too excited for this series since I honestly think the show ended well enough as it did and it seems like Rumiko Takahashi-sensei(the mangaka/creator) is involved with this series as much as Akira Toriyama was involved with Dragon Ball Super. She’s just providing the character designs and providing some general ideas that the anime staff can run with. I think I had enough anime-only sequel series to manga’s where the creator is minimally involved(looking at you GT & Boruto). I pray to Kami that FMA doesn’t ever receive one.

I’d much rather have a prequel series that chronicles Inuyasha’s father origins, and how he met his mother. That seems like a way more interesting direction than a show about Inuyasha and Sesshomaru’s offspring.

#10 Detective Conan, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  11. Boy Scout Registered

The series definitely went on for too long. No doubt about it. There was too much filler, too little narrative progression, and too much repetition and even pointless quests/power ups (Tetsusaiga).

KaijuDude1992 and TheVileOne like this.
  12. scarlet-witch Stormborn

It was very repetitive but it's the first anime I ever got into and I was a teenager when it was originally on. I recently re-watched it and man parts do not age well. :funny: Mainly, I hate Miroku and cannot believe he was played for so many laughs when he's a perverted creep. Koga I never liked either, he was just an annoying obstacle for InuKag and like others mentioned, his introduction was awful and it's barely mentioned again.

I can accept its flaws, but the greatest thing this sequel can do (minus NOT having Rin as the mother) is letting us know that Sango ditched Miroku for good.

13. Boy Scout Registered

This is a hot take, but...I could’ve done without Miroku, Sango, and (especially) Shippo. If the “group” had been limited to just Inuyasha and Kagome, I wouldn’t have complained.

14. scarlet-witch Stormborn

I really like Sango (and Kohaku) but yeah Shippo and Miroku could go. I normally enjoyed this show's filler episodes but never the ones about Shippo's fox training. Those were painful.

15. legendkillin Registered

Not every anime needs that Dragonball spinoff. Even Naruto is Boruto is kind of unneeded.

TheVileOne likes this.
  16. TheVileOne Registered

I agree. Boruto just lacks the excitement of the journey of Naruto. It feels like the story is over.

17. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Their kid is so adorable, I might have to watch this:

scarlet-witch and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  18. Boy Scout Registered

It looks...underwhelming. Not sure what I was expecting, but I’d be lying if I said I was in any way impressed. It was nice to catch glimpses of adult Sota and Kohaku though.

TheVileOne likes this.
  19. scarlet-witch Stormborn

Grown up Kohaku makes me happy just because that kid went through so much hell.

I see the thirst trap they're trying to make Sango and Miroku's son into though. :funny:

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  20. TheVileOne Registered

Considering we don't know what happened to Sango, Miroku, and their kids, his hell might not be over.

21. scarlet-witch Stormborn

Well, one of their kids at least is in the trailer riding Kirara. I'm guessing that's the boy born in the last episode.

Leave Kohaku alone 2k20

22. scarlet-witch Stormborn

What does everyone think of the first three episodes so far?

I have so many questions. I feel like they're making a mistake with not saying where some of the OG characters are right off the bat.

23. The Big G A Filthy Ningen

The issues of missing/identity of parents aside...I've enjoyed the first two...I mean three episodes. (Episode One was just an Inuyasha episode...lets be real here).

The new trio are enjoyable so far. I'm actually kinda surprised how sharp Inu's kid is. She's been pretty good. I do like that there's a bit more time travel shenanigans too this one at least going from the promo material. Having more time spent in the Reiwa Era would be interesting IMO.

I did hear that the series may only be 25 episodes or so...which im fine with honestly.

24. Boy Scout Registered

I’ve been enjoying the series so far. More than I thought I would, at any rate.

25. scarlet-witch Stormborn

I like the new characters but I'm still a bit frustrated with the writing. I almost wish this series was more about Kohaku and Rin at this point.