Invader Zim...It's Not Stupid, It's Advanced!

From the wise words of Gir...

..... I love this show :woot:

Reactions: CJ
Nickelodeon Is Making An ‘Invader Zim’ Movie
Nickelodeon and Invader Zim creator Jhonen Vasquez are working together to create an Invader Zim made-for-TV movie.
Amid Amidi said:
The news was leaked today on the Tumblr account of Harvey Beaks creator C.H. Greenblatt, who you may recall from another big story a couple days ago. When asked by a fan if he would work with Vasquez on an Invader Zim movie, Greenblatt responded, “Jhonen IS making an Invader Zim movie for Nick. I’m not a part of it, but I’m excited.”

Nickelodeon is also working on made-for-TV movies for other vintage series, including Hey Arnold!, scheduled for release in 2017, and Rocko’s Modern Life, with an unscheduled release date.

After we published our story, Jhonen Vasquez denied on Twitter that he is developing an Invader Zim movie. However, as we learned a couple days ago, Nickelodeon forces its creators to go on the Internet and lie to their fans. In other words, we’re sticking to our story.

YEEESSSSSSSSSSS. This was probably the best surprise I could get on my birthday.

Im excited for the movie but to release a trailer with zero dialogue even though the characters are talking is.....a choice.

tumblr_pc6nhgbN5H1tffm6yo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_pc6nhgbN5H1tffm6yo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pc6nhgbN5H1tffm6yo3_1280.jpg
tumblr_pc6nhgbN5H1tffm6yo4_1280.jpg

The designs are more in tune with the Oni comic.

The movie hits tonight. I am rather excited and just marathoned the whole show in the lead up. Here are my 10 favorite episodes, of arguably the finest cartoon ever made.

10. The Nightmare Begins
wrfExeu.gif

9. Dark Harvest

yNM3pSB.gif

9. Bad, Bad Rubber Piggy
c9syxKC.gif

7. Zim Eats Waffles

fxn2OtY.gif

6. Germs
mQwYM8u.gif

5. A Room with a Moose

A3t9vow.gif

4. Planet Jackers

MQKkKKO.gif

3. Walk of Doom

da6UlHR.gif

2. Backseat Drivers from Beyond the Stars

96gqrOj.gif

1. Tak: The Hideous New Girl
aqfUef7.gif

Absolutely fantastic. Took me all the way back to 2004. Membrane really shined in this. The action towards the end of the special was nuts.

My only complaint is

This wasn't a true 'series finale' to the show. Everything seemed to go back to the status quo in the end, with Membrane still unaware that Zim is an alien, and Zim still plotting world domination.

We'll likely never get something like this again, so I was hoping Jhonen would wrap everything up with this special, ending the series proper.

To me it didn't have to be a true finale. I think it did a good job of actually developing Membrane, Dib, and Gaz as character much better than the show ever did. Membrane was always kind of in the background of the TV series. Here, he felt like an actual character.

If you view it as a final episode, IMHO, it's the best you can get for a finale of sorts considering how somewhat dark and nihilistic the show generally is.

Other favorite moments:

* Minimoose ripping off the pizza sticker
* Gir creating his peace video while Zim is like "Yes! Yes!"
* Gaz jamming on her guitar while Dib is trying to get into shape while you hear the guitar riff in the montage.

IMHO Jhonen Vasquez is a visual genius. He's a brilliant artist IMO.

Also, I really just like Gaz as a character. I feel like Gaz would be a top eSports player when she grows up.

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic. Took me all the way back to 2004. Membrane really shined in this. The action towards the end of the special was nuts.

My only complaint is

This wasn't a true 'series finale' to the show. Everything seemed to go back to the status quo in the end, with Membrane still unaware that Zim is an alien, and Zim still plotting world domination.

We'll likely never get something like this again, so I was hoping Jhonen would wrap everything up with this special, ending the series proper.
In all fairness, it was never really promised to be. I think Jhonen Vasquez even stated on Twitter that this movie isn’t meant to be some big epic sendoff to the series that wraps things up but “it’s just more Zim.” The movie you’re probably looking for is the rumored “Invader Dib” that was conceived as a potential series finale. Not going to lie, when this movie was initially announced I initially thought that this movie was basically going to use elements of this abandoned “Invader Dib” special for its story but it seems Vasquez opted to go in another direction. I understand that this movie coming off the other Nickelodeon revival specials like Hey Arnold and Rocko which felt more like poignant series finales might come across as a bit of disappointment since it’s basically feels like a longer episode of the series in comparison to those but I don’t mind, and leaves the opportunity for more episodes should they decide to revive the show.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"