INVISIBLE WOMAN/Jessica Alba DISCUSSION

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
Sue Storm-Richards
Wife, Mother, Sister, Woman of the 21st Century!

BIOGRAPHICAL DATA
Codename:The Invisible Girl now The Invisible WomanAs a member of the new Fantastic Four, Sue was at first the weakest link. She could turn invisible (duh!) but that was it, and she wasn't particularly strong. But Sue eventually discovered that she had another power---the ability to create invisible force fields. Over the years, Susan became much more adept at using these powers. For example, instead of just using her force field for defensive purposes, Sue can also use them as a weapon to attack foes. Indeed, Sue has been able to single handedly defeat the Thing, the She-Hulk (both with altered personalities), Titania, and the Absorbing Man. Her force-field has managed to sustain attacks by nuclear explosions and the Hulk. Today, one can convincingly argue that she is now the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four.Furthermore, while Susan cannot fly, she can use her force field to elevate herself and others through the air---as high as ten miles above the surface of the Earth. (Valeria is especially fond of using this power to "surf" through the air, much to the chagrin of Susan, who worries about her daughter losing concentration in mid-air.) In addition to making herself invisible, Susan can also extend a field of invisibility to include other objects or persons. Finally, although this is not a "power" granted to her through cosmic radiation, Sue has trained extensively in martial arts since becoming one of the Fantastic Four and currently holds a black belt in judo, karate, and shaolin kung fu.
Sex:Female
Race:Human
Identity: Publicly known
Legal Status:Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Other Aliases:None
Place of Birth:Glenville, Long Island, New York
Marital Status:Married
Known Relatives:Franklin Storm - father; Mary Storm - mother; Jonathan Storm (Human Torch II) - brother; Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) - husband; Franklin Richards - son; Nathaniel Richards - father-in-law
Current Group Membership:The Fantastic Four
Former Group Membership:None
Base of Operations:The Baxter Building

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION

Height:5' 6"
Weight:120 lbs
Eyes:Blue
Hair:Blond
Other Distinguishing Features:None
Strength Level:
The Invisible Girl possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in regular exercise.

Known Superhuman Powers:The Invisible Girl possesses the psionic ability to manipulate ambient cosmic energy for the following effects. Can mentally bend light around herself without distortion to render herself invisible. Somehow, she enables light to penetrate her eyes so she can see while invisible.
Her body cells produce an unknown form of energy that she can mentally project around other persons or objects to render them invisible. Can use this energy to render visible persons and objects rendered invisible by other means, and energy that is normally invisible.
Her brain cells produce psionic force that she can project in relatively simple forms (rectangular planes, globes, cylinders, cones, domes, etc). Can mentally project protective force fields that are highly resistant to concussive force. Can travel through the air by projecting columns of psionic force beneath her.
Other Abilities:The Invisible Girl is a fair hand-to-hand combatant

As a member of the new Fantastic Four, Sue was at first the weakest link. She could turn invisible (duh!) but that was it, and she wasn't particularly strong. But Sue eventually discovered that she had another power---the ability to create invisible force fields. Over the years, Susan became much more adept at using these powers. For example, instead of just using her force field for defensive purposes, Sue can also use them as a weapon to attack foes. Indeed, Sue has been able to single handedly defeat the Thing, the She-Hulk (both with altered personalities), Titania, and the Absorbing Man. Her force-field has managed to sustain attacks by nuclear explosions and the Hulk. Today, one can convincingly argue that she is now the most powerful member of the Fantastic Four.Furthermore, while Susan cannot fly, she can use her force field to elevate herself and others through the air---as high as ten miles above the surface of the Earth. (Valeria is especially fond of using this power to "surf" through the air, much to the chagrin of Susan, who worries about her daughter losing concentration in mid-air.) In addition to making herself invisible, Susan can also extend a field of invisibility to include other objects or persons. Finally, although this is not a "power" granted to her through cosmic radiation, Sue has trained extensively in martial arts since becoming one of the Fantastic Four and currently holds a black belt in judo, karate, and shaolin kung fu. But Sue herself would rank all of her accomplishments with the Fantastic Four behind her responsibilities as awife and mother. If Reed could be described as the head of the team, and Ben the heart, then Sue is probably the backbone. Even if her work isn't as flashy or visible as the others, Sue has nevertheless been essential to keeping the team together. But just because she has been relatively quiet in the past does not mean that she can't lead the team. With Reed, Johnny, and Ben in the Negative Zone, Susan reluctantly decides to form a new Fantastic Four to show her daughter what it means to follow in her footsteps. The Invisible Woman may not have the scientific expertise that her husband did, but to use a Star Trek metaphor, you don't have to know as much as Mr. Spock to be a Captain Kirk. Sue has the experience needed to make tough decisions, and the team trusts her leadership.So if you want to read adventures about a demure Sue who has to wait for the other boys to rescue her from the clutches of Dr. Doom.

****Just ONE simple rule PLEASE: Let us keep this thread as an environment befitting Sue Storm Richards. A place of respectful and courteous discussion of Sue Storm Richards the comic character, and Jessica Alba AS Sue Storm Richards. Please post all articles and photos of Jessica other than her role as Sue in the Pic/Video thread.

Thanks in advance,

Kel:)

A special thanks to Lightnin' and his true labor of love in the Fantastic Fourm Sue's Garden....may this thread be as successful.

jess3vb.gif

fmcn0262zh.jpg

Videos from Movie #1

Very nice thread. You could say Sue was the 1st mother of superheros. :) Great thread. And Jessica did her proud. Sue Storm will always be all that, plus a bag of chips to me. Things 1st, Sue 2nd.

21st Century Woman

Mother

ih31he.jpg

sueskrull24ll.jpg

suemk162io.jpg

suemk150mz.jpg

Sister

sueandjohnnyf45257ls.gif

sueandjohnnyf45268qn.gif

Thank you for those awesome panels Frankie....

From the time Wonder Woman became a member of The Justice Society of America until the 1980s, when things started moving toward parity, it seems every superhero group just plain had to have a token female. The Fantastic Four's was Sue Storm, aka Invisible Girl.

And a token female is exactly what she was, especially at the beginning. She originally came along as somebody's girlfriend (i.e., engaged to group leader Reed Richards, who became Mr. Fantastic). Her super power was passive not agressive, suitable at least as much for staying out of the way as for getting anything done. She often served the plot by being used as a hostage. An early sub-plot in the team's personal lives involved her wavering affections between Reed and The Sub-Mariner. Even her superhero name back then indicated her subordinate status. "Invisible Girl" — what kind of name is that for an adult? It wasn't until the 1980s that it was changed to "Invisible Woman", the name she is known by today.

To Marvel's credit, writer/editor Stan Lee made early moves toward liberating her. After the first couple of years, villains held her hostage less often. In 1965, she resolved her romantic delimma by marrying Reed, and the two have stayed together ever since. And in the 22nd issue (January, 1964), she acquired more aggressive super powers, discovering that she could not only turn objects other than herself invisible, but also control "invisible force fields", which proved capable of accomplishing a fair amount of superhero work and showed a massive amount of power not yet tapped.

But she remained mostly an attachment of her husband. In fact, the only time she ever served a stint in another superhero group (a brief sojourn with The Avengers), it was in tandem with him.

After all these years, The Fantastic Four remain The Fantastic Four. Members may stray, but never for long. Invisible Woman is still its matriarch, appearing with the rest of the group every month.

A few things have changed.....for the better I'd say.....

72-wp316.jpg

Q. How will they do Sue Storm/The Invisible Girl in the Fantastic Four movie?

A.
Sue Storm may be the one member of the Fantastic Four whose powers have been done before on film. We’ve seen invisibility since before CGI, before blue screen even. But Sue Storm’s invisibility will have a new look, according to visual effects supervisor and producer Kurt Williams.
“The problem with the older invisibility work as we’ve studied the whole evolution of that is that in this movie, we still want to see Sue’s performance as much as possible,” Williams said. “So our feeling is to keep her in the shots and have people be able to relate to her emotion and acting. And a lot of times in the older movies, there was just no one there. So it was hard to relate to two actors. We’re going once again to great lengths to make sure that she’s in the scene with them and you’re going to see part of her in it.

Q. How are they going to do Sue Storm's force field in the Fantsatic Four movie?

A.
Sue Storm’s other power, her force field, has been another challenge for the effects team. “I think the force field is one of the hardest things we have to do in the movie because when you go back to the original Marvel work, the force field takes on all kinds of surface textures," said visual effects supervisor Kurt Williams. "In some cases it can look like kind of a heart shape. Almost like glass in some cases, especially in the more recent work. She can build glass boxes and enclosures with it and it can be broken. And in our case, it’s going to be sort of a hybrid between that and a bit of a membrane or liquidy feel to it. And one of the things that’s really hard is to separate her from, for instance, the Jean Grey type stances and some of the other Marvel characters, is Sue, not only is her invisibility driven by her emotions, so it kind of the force field.

And in this movie, it begins as a very defensive thing in her character where she generates a force field as she has to sort of defend herself or the other Fantastic Four. And towards the end of the movie, she gets to where she can really generate it and use it more offensively. So that’s an important evolution of her character. As a result, technically we have to, in the early stages of the force field, it probably won’t be as well refined, just like all her powers. And in the latter part of the movie, it’s going to be a little more refined, a little more accurate so to speak, and it’s going to be a neat look. We’ve got some good tests with it and it interacts with flame in some cases in the movie and it looks pretty cool.”
Some preliminary artwork had some forms of force fields coming out of Sue Storm’s hands. “And you can see some muscle striation in those photos as well. One of the things that was important to Tim [Story] and I, as we started developing these characters, is that we always have the performance of these characters, we really don’t go to a completely animated character until we really have to. Tim wanted all the performers on the set, with the other actors. And so we set out to do that. It was a little more work on our part, but I think it creates a more organic feel to the scene. You don’t feel like you’re jumping off into animation suddenly. So as an audience member, I think it’s going to flow very well. You’re not going to really know what the animated parts are, and what the real performances are.”

The C G I of The Invisible Woman

Without Sue Richards, there would probably be no Fantastic Four! Time after time, she has acted as the group's peacemaker when the other members have fallen out. When Reed loses patience with Johnny, or when the Thing's resentment against Reed for not curing him boils over, Sue is always there with consoling words.

Sue is quick to intervene when the team starts squabbling, surrounding the Thing with an invisible force field strong enough to stop his violent attacks. Sue posses the power to make other beings or things invisible, and she can appear to fly by projecting columns of psionic force to keep her airborne, and others around her airbone as well.

She may not be any stronger than a normal, physically fit woman, but Sue can be formidable adversary when her anger is roused. She certainly got her message across to Doctor Doom when he snatched her son, Franklin. She created a stream of invisible flying grappling hooks with her mind that attacked the villain's brain.

She has has an new found power of the mind as shown in this scan from the MK Fantastic Four...

uhhhh....yeah.....*smiles*

Some fantastic scans in here,i loved Jess as Sue in the first movie and in this sequel i just want to see some parts expanded such as her relationship with Ben and more of her sisterly advice to Johnny
Also can;t wait to see her powers evolve

:up:

more coming soon...

How strong is the Invisible Woman?

These are a few pages from the novel "War Zone" written by Gregg Cox

Just one example...

You should have been the one to replant....but I'm glad you approve....

thanks...

JMAfan said:
You should have been the one to replant....but I'm glad you approve....

thanks...

No, I think it looks great. Besides, it's just been too hectic around here on the other boards for me to commit to anything like that. Once X3 (and the subsequent forum) dies down I won't have to divide my time so much.

The original was too large and spammy anyway to bring over here.

Lightning Strikez! said:
No, I think it looks great. Besides, it's just been too hectic around here on the other boards for me to commit to anything like that. Once X3 (and the subsequent forum) dies down I won't have to divide my time so much.

The original was too large and spammy anyway to bring over here.

Still should have been you....

thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"