Iron Fist Iron fist Costume thread

WBwins

Sidekick
Reaction score
Dicuss the look of Iron fist

I'm a huge fan of the White and gold outfit

image.jpg

But I can understand people having more of a preference for the green and yellow one plus it'll probably look better on camera especially when he teams up with the other defenders

I think if we're starting over from scratch, that silver and gold look would be good, but Iron Fist is known for his green and yellow look - a look he still has, so I expect that to be the look. They can probably play with the open chest thing (I'm not too big a fan of that) but, otherwise, I think the look can work on screen if it's made of the right material.

green and yellow is the iconic look, i'd go with that, it's hard to mess that look up

I actually prefer the white and gold look in the comics, but I think the green and yellow would translate better to live action. I always liked Orson Randall's look, so I wouldn't mind if the show costume took a little inspiration from that as well.

orson-randall_zps1b0489a0.jpg

But, ya know, minus the guns and ammo.

^ that does pretty much look exactly how I imagine a live action iron fist to look

I think if we're starting over from scratch, that silver and gold look would be good, but Iron Fist is known for his green and yellow look - a look he still has, so I expect that to be the look. They can probably play with the open chest thing (I'm not too big a fan of that) but, otherwise, I think the look can work on screen if it's made of the right material.

The open chest thing looks pretty dorky in my opinion. It would be better to be full shirtless than having the vest, open shirt thing (depending on how ripped the actor is). It's too brotacular, too Jersey shore otherwise.

Plus it would have echos of bruce Lee and other martial artists. Ultimately I would prefer the maleev look above though

Id like the mask to be redesigned into something less Daredevi like.More like this.

Iron_Fist_Next_by_cwhite02.jpg

I would prefer to see the Ultimate Iron Fist costume and look in general. Those above will be hard to pull-off in live action. Considering Jessica Jones and Luke Cage probably won't be wearing costumes, and the info we have on the DD suit, I think something like the Ultimate version would suit him in the show.

image.jpg

But I can understand people having more of a preference for the green and yellow one plus it'll probably look better on camera especially when he teams up with the other defenders

I like this coloring of his suit.

I wouldn't mind the David Aja tracksuit look from Immortal Iron Fist. Also, I like his green costume better than the white one. I'd rather he start out in green, then don the white costume in Defenders.

Id like the mask to be redesigned into something less Daredevi like.More like this.

Iron_Fist_Next_by_cwhite02.jpg

Yeah that's an interesting look. I could see that. I wonder if it would be okay for whoever is doing the stunts though? I'm sure they can work it out

I wouldn't mind a few costumes actually. Like something more like martial arts robes in K'un L'un, and then something more "superhero-ish" when he's fighting crime in NYC. I like the green and gold Orson Randall inspired look. But the full head bandana is a must.

image.jpg

I prefer the green and yellow but this design. Always hated the deep vee high collar look. Or the mandarin collar jacket look with the ornamental fasteners. Kinda like old timey Asian formal wear. I think I saw that in Immortal Iron Fist once.

I also like when his hands are wrapped.

Last edited:
I personally would prefer this look from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

ironfist_mua2_variations.jpg

That does look pretty cool but black is so generic. Still, it might be cool when he joins the defenders!

I'm not sure I want a black chest with sculpted abs - particularly with a yellow logo on it. That looks way too Batman. Not sure why he needs sculpted abs anyway. Cloth would be fine.

I like the sculpted black part because it helps break up the design a little. The problem with a lot of comic designs when translated is that there's an overreliance on cloth and a simplistic pattern that's easier to draw, which can sort of lead to the costume looking like pajamas in live-action.

The Spider-Man movies avoided this by making the material more textured and adding the raised webs rather than just making it look like something that was drawn or sewn on.

On the other hand, there's an overreliance on rubber kevlar chests in movies (OK, maybe it's just Batman, but do I have to remind you of Bat nipples?). My suggestion is to just make it look like a gi. That would be understandable to audiences, would fit the kind of character, and wouldn't look like pajamas even without additional texturing.

ETA: Although, since it's China, clothing more associated with Kung Fu would be appropriate. I just don't know what they're called.

Last edited:
ETA: Although, since it's China, clothing more associated with Kung Fu would be appropriate. I just don't know what they're called.

I have seen him drawn as such too but now can't seem to find the image.

That's a pretty cool look. That would actually be a good piece of art to promote the costume when it gets announced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"