Iron Fist Iron Fist General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Hunnam for Danny Rand
images.jpg

I can only imagine how cool 13 consecutive hours of kung fu will be.

Yeah.. when i watched Pacific Rim and saw that scene, i thought he would make a good Iron Fist.

If this films this summer, he might not be able to do it since He'll be filming the final season of Sons of Anarchy. I agree he'd be a great pick though.

i still want Cam Gigandet. but, more importantly, who will play Fat Cobra?

I really do hope they take a lot from the Brubaker/Fraction run.

My own personal hope is that they remember Danny Rand is *not* 'ordinary kung fu dude with a magic punch'. He should come off as an all around superhuman martial arts guy, who just happens to also have a magic punch.

Basically, Danny is a more powerful fighter; Matt is a better ninja.

Aaron+Paul+60th+Primetime+Emmy+Awards+Arrivals+MdffLattfFpx.jpg

I don't care if it's unrealistic, I would die if he was cast. Though I think Charlie Hunnam is a good choice also.

He was who I wanted for Matt Murdock lol, its too bad hes not very tall

Cam Gigandet for Rand please.

I honestly can't believe this is happening. So much potential. I hope, like many of you have already said, that they borrow from Fraction's run and incorporate the legacy aspect of the Iron Fist.

Also, I cannot wait for The Living Weapon in April.

If this films this summer, he might not be able to do it since He'll be filming the final season of Sons of Anarchy. I agree he'd be a great pick though.
They are only filming Daredevil this summer.

Yeah, Daredevil films this summer. Jessica Jones is coming second. This and Cage won't be for a while now

I wonder will there be flashbacks to the past Iron Fists. We'll see.
I wonder how the mask will look? Exposed eyes or all-white? Hmm.. I suspect the former.

I really do hope they take a lot from the Brubaker/Fraction run.

Me too, but that might just be because it is what introduced me to the character and made me love the character whereas anything else I ever read of his was him playing second fiddle.

That said I have fears that the scale of The Immortal Iron Fist might be a bit much. Apparently the pilot to AoS cost $14 million dollars. Compare that to a random episode of Game of Thrones which cost $6 million dollars.
More than twice as much budget but manages to look 10 times worse.

And anyways it seems like the plan for all four of the shows is to film in New York, maybe they can leave his origin out and just allude to it and if the show hits big they could make a proper movie featuring K'un Lun in all of its greatness.

For does of you who grew up discovering Iron Fist in Heroes for Hire and whatever predates it, how does it compare to the Brubaker stuff?

Never read much of his stuff in the comics but the potential he has is out of this world. Really looking forward to the mystical kung-fu aspect. If we get this before Strange this will be the first real magic we get besides the Asgardian stuff

Jane Foster will inexplicably show up and in a condescending tone explain to Rand how his Chi is actually science and that whole ordeal Shou-Lao the Undying was actually a drug induced hallucination.

jane foster will inexplicably show up and in a condescending tone explain to rand how his chi is actually science and that whole ordeal shou-lao the undying was actually a drug induced hallucination.

lol

I wonder if marvel would rather just skip a lot of controversy and just choose an asian actor to play iron fist.

It would make a lot of sense

not really danny has always been depicted as caucasian

I wonder if marvel would rather just skip a lot of controversy and just choose an asian actor to play iron fist.

It would make a lot of sense

Perhaps when they are introducing the character they could do a sort of montage showing glimpses of Iron Fist throughout the ages, as was done in the Brubaker run.

That way the audience is shown he is a legacy character and just so happens to be the current avatar of the Iron Fist.

My memory is off on the particulars but I could see that working to explain why this isn't automatically an Asian character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"