Iron Fist Iron Fist OFFICIALY Renewed For Season 2

Or just get a really awesome stunt double.

That would've been possible if he had the costume. Instead we had to see his face the whole time and watch him perform all the stunts. If he doesn't get the costume again this season, we might have to put up with more of that.

did the producers intently state why Danny didn't have a costume? Because surely they must have seen a mask would def allow for more realistic kung-fu scenes without having Finn Jones do it poorly.

I guess they were stuck between having a kung-fu expert with 0 acting skills vs an actor with 0 kung-fu skills. Though that begs the question of whether Finn Jones was the best actor they saw?

I *really* hope he gets a costume because the constant talk of no costume has gotten so tiresome. Then again, if/when he does get a costume, the discussion will then turn to how it isn't what I expected/wanted, etc. Oy! :funny:

I think the general consensus was they couldn't figure out a legitimate reason for him to put on a costume yet, Danny doesn't see himself as a superhero or vigilante, etc.

Not sure why the old Iron Fist would wear a costume in that footage then...but whatever...

The costume was the ceremonial outfit of the iron fist. They took Danny rejecting the traditional iron fist role as a reason for him not to wear the costume. Danny barely even knows what he can do with his powers. Danny is still establishing who is and what he is supposed to do with his life in the first season.

They want to build Danny up to wearing the iron fist outfit I guess.

This Danny Rand flat-out does not care about having to hide his id.
Heck, iirc both Luke and Jessica even had their moments of wanting to maintain a low profile.

Danny is incredibly naive/stupid. He runs around telling people he is the iron fist and doesn't think that will have repercussions for himself and those around him.

Iron man doesn't have a secret identity in the movies either because tony stark is a cocky *****ebag.

I wouldn't want to work for stark or rand because both their companies are targets of their enemies. Both of their companies were already infiltrated by villains which was the only thing keeping the average Joe or Jane in accounting from not being murdered by supervillains each week.

The costume was the ceremonial outfit of the iron fist. They took Danny rejecting the traditional iron fist role as a reason for him not to wear the costume. Danny barely even knows what he can do with his powers. Danny is still establishing who is and what he is supposed to do with his life in the first season.

They want to build Danny up to wearing the iron fist outfit I guess.
The series never establishes or says this at all.

The series never establishes or says this at all.

I was talking about the iron fist outfit in the comics being ceremonial. I assume it was in the show as well as the previous iron fist wore a similar costume. Danny didn't stick around in k'un lun long enough to get his outfit I assume since he didn't stick around long enough to even learn how his powers work.

That would've been possible if he had the costume. Instead we had to see his face the whole time and watch him perform all the stunts. If he doesn't get the costume again this season, we might have to put up with more of that.
I doubt he's performing all the stunts and fights.

This Danny Rand flat-out does not care about having to hide his id.
Heck, iirc both Luke and Jessica even had their moments of wanting to maintain a low profile.

which is so strange. Hopefully season 2 they come up with a better reason for not wearing a costume.

Nor does it contradict this explanation which addresses your question of why the Iron Fist on that film footage had the costume.
If they can actually do something with the costume in season 2 I might be willing to forgive these issues. If Lei-Kun shows him a box and is like "this is yours. You didn't stick around long enough to get it. This is the Iron Fist's ceremonial garb. Wear it." If something like that happens and it's really well done, I might be able to accept it. But if they completely ignore it again like season 1...I won't be happy.

which is so strange. Hopefully season 2 they come up with a better reason for not wearing a costume.

He's a high powered major shareholder and heir to huge billion dollar corporation. People will be following him all over the world and he'll be paparazzi fodder. He should be wanting to keep a low profile in many instances.

Paparazzi find actors in their little beach vacation spots halfway across the world. They can't notice or find what Danny Rand's up to?

He's a high powered major shareholder and heir to huge billion dollar corporation. People will be following him all over the world and he'll be paparazzi fodder. He should be wanting to keep a low profile in many instances.

Paparazzi find actors in their little beach vacation spots halfway across the world. They can't notice or find what Danny Rand's up to?

Exactly. Hopefully the likes of DD or Jessica Jones might explain to him why he should wear a mask.

If they can actually do something with the costume in season 2 I might be willing to forgive these issues. If Lei-Kun shows him a box and is like "this is yours. You didn't stick around long enough to get it. This is the Iron Fist's ceremonial garb. Wear it." If something like that happens and it's really well done, I might be able to accept it. But if they completely ignore it again like season 1...I won't be happy.

There better not be a scene of that accompanied by Danny saying "lame" when he sees the suit and then tosses it to one side.

If there was, I don't think it would fit the character they established in the first season who was basically incapable of thinking in a way that contradicted the teachings of K'un Lun.

I think after Defenders Danny might want to get a costume.

I think after Defenders Danny might want to get a costume.

Unless he convinces DD not to wear his anymore afterwards. Well that's what Scott Buck would do if he were in charge of everything.

Exactly. Hopefully the likes of DD or Jessica Jones might explain to him why he should wear a mask.

Eh, while I want the costume, I actually would prefer that he *not* embrace a secret ID. I kind of like how, in the comics, his "secret ID" is universally accepted as a paper thin pretense that nobody actually is fooled by. In the show? Play it up as a "wealth and privilege" element. Sure, people increasingly know he's some kind of weird kung fu guy. This is not actually a *problem* for him, though, because vast wealth makes the more mundane difficulties of this go away, leaving him with the stuff that'd be a problem for him ( as a billionaire or the Iron Fist ) anyway. Paparazzi are going to dog Billionaire Danny Rand regardless, and any enemies that could make actual problems for him through the shields of wealth and privilege, know who he is already.

I've said in the past that the costumes are important because it lets them be something else. It makes them more than what they are. He's not just some rich silver spoon karate dude. He's a superhero. And they are supposed to be superheroes at the end of the day.

For me, costume is the least worry. They should fix their kung-fu first, costume or no costume.

For me, costume is the least worry. They should fix their kung-fu first, costume or no costume.

In that case, they should have cast him very early in pre-production and give him like 6 months of training. Or simply got a better actor who could make the MA scenes look realistic.

Well Finn complained they only taught him the fight choreography shortly before filming it.

You don't need to be a real life martial artist to do convincing looking fight choreography.

The collectors edition of the Matrix shows the cast practicing and learning Wire Fu. They toiled through this every morning. Once they had learnt the basics, the choreographer taught them the moves of the movie and they practiced on that too. Through practice the cast was made to actually make a little contact while performing their moves to make the whole thing look real.

One of the major issues with Iron Fist was that it was a rushed production.

If Finn is given better training and time he could probably look more convincing as a martial artist.

In that case, they should have cast him very early in pre-production and give him like 6 months of training. Or simply got a better actor who could make the MA scenes look realistic.

Agreed.

The actor needs more training, choreography should be better, and the action should be filmed better as in less cuts. There is no excuse. Marvel proved they can create excellent fight scenes as evidence by DD. I truly believed that the reviews would not have been as harsh if Danny Rand actually fought like how we expect Iron Fist to fight. I certainly would have been very satisfied if the fight scenes were the only good thing in IF.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"