Iron Fist SEASON TWO Discussion Thread (NO SPOILER TAGS NECESSARY!)

Discussion in 'Iron Fist' started by Kane52630, Sep 7, 2018.

1. kguillou

kguillou Well-Known Member

I wish I could be excited as you guys are for next season. All i wanted with this show was to see Danny suit up, hit the streets and be a badass martial artist with a glowing fist and the series doesnt seem intent on ever delivering that, so I think I'm jumping off here.

Brawl likes this.
  2. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I was initially excited for this season as I felt we'd get to see more of Kun-Lun and traditional "Iron Fist" stuff but what we got wasn't enough.

The gun-fu ending was super lame. I can't believe that's the note they left us out on.

I hate having to go "well, maybe next time they'll get around to XYZ." It feels like we're on season 2 of a Batman show where he still hasn't donned the cowl or built the bat cave yet. I'm not invested enough in this world and these characters to wait patiently while they get to the good stuff because what they've given us just isn't that interesting.

The show rests on Danny and Colleen's shoulders but they're probably the two worst actors in the Netflix corner of the MCU. The best stuff in this show by about a billion percent is Ward, but he shouldn't be the most interesting character in a show about a guy who fought a dragon to get a magic fist. Ugh.

Brawl and Spider-Fan like this.
  3. Panacea

Panacea Well-Known Member

Daredevil S2
    Daredevil S1
    Agent of SHIELD S4
    The Punisher S1
    Agents of SHIELD S5
    Agents of SHIELD S3
    Jessica Jones S1
    Luke Cage S2
    Iron Fist S2
    Luke Cage S1
    Cloak & Dagger S1
    Agents of SHIELD S2
    The Defenders S1
    Agents of SHIELD S1
    Runaways S1
    Agent Carter S1
    Iron Fist S1
    Jessica Jones S2
    Agent Carter S2
    Inhumans S1

4. kguillou

This all goes back to Scott Buck. Even though he's no longer involved he set the tone and direction for this version of Damny Rand and the new showrunners/writers are picking up his ball and running with it.

5. Panacea

Why do people care so much about the costume? It's looks ridiculous.

6. Random490

Random490 Well-Known Member

So... Gotham? You're describing Gotham.
    I want to see the MCU version of the outfit. Hell I'd just like some concept art from the guy who design the Daredevil outfit. Seeing things like that translated is half the fun of adaptations.

7. Flint Marko

Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I've never seen Gotham but I'm fairly certain Bruce Wayne and his journey to becoming Batman isn't the central focus of the show.

We've been following Danny for 3 seasons of television and we've just scratched the surface of what an Iron Fist show could be. There's so much potential there, and thus far we've been given a boring Danny Rand who generally has problems lighting up just one of his fists.

That's bad. This is bad, Marvel. The more I think about it the more frustrating it gets. I've generally enjoyed the Netflix shows but you can't shy away from the weirder mystical stuff. Go all the way with it or don't go at all.

8. kguillou

Is that not a big part of why we watch these things? To see our heroes suited up and brought to life?

9. 2kt09

2kt09 Here 'N' There

I watch for an action show. The action is spread too thin and/or isn't even as good as traditional network shows let alone something as old as Mortal Kombat: Conquest.

10. dmcreif

dmcreif Well-Known Member

Season 2 feels like a thinly veiled attempt to set up "Daughters of the Dragon".

11. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

12. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I personally ended up quite liking this season. Same for my brother and my best friend. And considering we watched it right after dragging ourselves through the first season again, that was pretty impressive.

Colleen basically being the co-lead helped a lot. Henwick is great, and I just love seeing her in the role. Danny was much improved, without necessarily being all that great, but still far better. The ending was silly as hell though. Loved Alice Eve as Mary. The fights were a lot better, as was the general tone. For me the biggest disappointment was Davos. Just never found him compelling.

I do love the idea of everyone running around with Living Weapon status. That has a lot of potential.

13. Panacea

I'd wager that the majority of the audience has never read an Iron Fist comic.

2kt09 likes this.
  14. Manasrepublic

Manasrepublic Well-Known Member

After seeing the whole season I ended up fast forwarding through some parts because this season could have shaved off an hour in editing. Some of the scenes and dialogue were pretty boring and slow like Defenders. Danny barely got to kick any ass towards the end and was being taken out like a chump even in the final battle he lost again to Mary which makes no sense. How is the champion of Kun Lun losing to Mary even in a sword duel? Thankfully Misty intervened. The first fight I can understand. The second time around was pretty lame but that’s just my reaction. Daredevil never had this problem and they consistently make him shine and kick ass even after taking a massive beating. Defenders and Iron Fist season 2 really make Rand look weak.

Davos was often a boring villain but there were times his character’s pain and hurt were wel-written and performed. I didn’t really care for the Meechum characters even though the actors performed very well. And also no costume.

I give this a 6/10. I hope they improve the next season. Luke Cage managed to make Danny far more awesome than two entire seasons of Iron Fist have. Strange.

Brawl likes this.
  15. Brawl

Brawl Well-Known Member

this series is garbage, cant save it. This is not the Iron Fist. They should have just made a Mist Knight series with Colleen and left Iron fist out.

16. BaronZemo

BaronZemo Well-Known Member

He did that in this season. And he also had actual character development and acknowledged his flaws. The first 4 eps were exactly what you asked. As for the costume i always roll my eyes when people make it as such a serious flaw they want to drop the show. It's just a piece of fabric. No impact on the quality so the melodramatic tone is really pointless.

17. kguillou

Besides the opening intro to episode one, when did we actually see Danny suit up and fight crime? I wanted to it to be like how Daredevil did it.

Also, the costume is part of the whole "superhero" aesthetic of these things. I'd be real bummed if Daredevil just had Matt Murdock in his lawyer suit fighting thugs every episode. I mean, its not a huge deal and probably wouldnt even be an issue at all if the action was actually impressively executed like Daredevil, but its just not aesthetically pleasing seeing your lead martial artist character "suit up" in street clothes.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  18. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Heart of Fire

I'm not finished yet so this is more in jest then actually dissecting how it plays out, but Finn Jones keeps kind of getting screwed over doesn't he? Gets cast as Loras Tyrell, who has a fair amount of cool things to do in the novels, only to spend his last season locked up in prison and begging for his life in quite an un-Loras fashion only to die. Then he gets cast as a lead in a super hero series only to give his powers up to the co-lead? Yikes.

19. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Yeah who cares? The show is called Iron Fist.

Does Danny even get the fist back at the end? Is it worth watching to the end?

20. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

This. Goddamn joke. Danny Rand fought a dragon to get the fist. He gets shafted for Colleen? She is the lead of the show?

Im on episode 4. Thats insulting to the character.

This ranks up there with cloud Galactus. What an insult

Brawl likes this.
  21. Random490

Random490 Well-Known Member

Short answer: No, that's not quite the case.

Without giving too much away but, in the finale scene, it states a "few months later" and we see Danny light up both hands. And gives a big hints as to what he'll being doing in season 3.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  22. Brawl

Brawl Well-Known Member

So cap with no red white blue, black panther in jeans still the same......no it isnt lol

The Infernal likes this.
  23. Ozbridge

Ozbridge Well-Known Member

Love the new Iron Fist.

24. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Colleen shouldn't be the Iron Fist. That was a stupid development. At least how they told it. Then after that Danny has it as well anyway? Can anyone have it at this point? What, if any, rules is the show following at this point? I doubt she'll lose her power next season, but she shouldn't be the Iron Fist.

I don't mind the concept of gun fu, but I don't want to see Danny become that kind of fighter primarily. I want to see Danny become the Iron Fist, wear the costume and fight with kung fu and not be strung on for multiple seasons to see that or the promise of it.

Though at least gun fu wouldn't have me wondering "why do none of these gangsters carry a gun?" for most of the season. lol

I didn't feel they actually needed all ten episodes. It felt like half a season and dragged on, which was frustrating given they didn't follow through with all of it. It's not just series length that's a problem for these shows, it's the 10 to 13 your movie feel. They could really benefit with having one or herself contained episodes in amongst the overarching plot.

That said, I didn't hate this season, but I did feel it fumbled badly by the end.

25. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

It's called "Iron Fist" not "Danny Rand"

It's ambiguous, but possibly yes. And yes.