Iron Fist iron fist the soundtrack

Yeah that's perfect. Jon Powell, the composer, apparently spent ages working with the Chinese philharmonic orchestra to get it all sounding authentic but also a bit different if I remember correctly

So with the other Netflix series, I'm expecting Daredevil to use a score that's more along the lines of dark ambient, possibly with some throwbacks to old 1950s noir films.

Luke Cage needs to be funk.

I never read Alias or The Pulse so I can't comment on Jessica Jones.

lol hell no. Luke Cage should use old school hip-hop.

Is it totally nerd of me that I actually have a playlist of songs I'd use for the Iron Fist soundtrack if I was show runner?

It's full of stuff like Issac Hayes, cuts from 70's kung-fu flicks and even some stuff from the soundtracks to Big Trouble in Little China and Kill Bill as well as some more "traditional Asian" music and the title music to SWAT.

BarryAllen said:

No, he's right. 70's funk and soul. Cage was created as a response to the popularity of blaxpolitation cinema of the 70s--just as Danny was created in response to the wave of Golden Harvest kung fu flicks. Cage's soundtrack should totally be stuff like Al Green, Bobby Womack, Roy Ayers, Charles Wright, James Brown and Bill Whithers...stuff like that.

Im guessing the soundtrack will be really Kung Fu Film like. With alot of whistles and wind instruments. Luke Cage more funk and pop. Jessica Jones some jazzy detective music

A mix of both would be great. Throw some Nas, Tribe Called Quest and Wu-tang in there with Roy Ayers and Marvin Gaye.

Get Tarantino to put together the music for Iron Fist

I'm guessing the soundtrack will be really Kung Fu Film like. With alot of whistles and wind instruments. Luke Cage more funk and pop. Jessica Jones some jazzy detective music

Or you could use something like this, a great blend of east and west:

:hehe:

:djs:

Last edited:
Okay, thats sounds cool too. Didnt half tonlaugh at my opinions because you dissaprove. Just stae your own and keep it civil.

I wasn't laughing at you. Just making a joke was all. Maybe my placement of the smiley face was confusing. There, I fixed it.

Okay, apologies for the misunderstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"